Switch from iPhone 3GS to AT&T N1

This is a discussion on Switch from iPhone 3GS to AT&T N1 within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Quick Question ... Anyone regret switching from iPhone 3GS to N1?...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Switch from iPhone 3GS to AT&T N1

Switch from iPhone 3GS to AT&T N1

Quick Question ... Anyone regret switching from iPhone 3GS to N1?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

um...........no.

I am truly still on the fence about switching ... I love my 3GS ... But really want the freedom on the N1.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsquare View Post
    um...........no.
    I am still on the side lines, thinking about buying the N1, thinking about waiting for the HTC Desire, thinking about an IPhone... what makes the N1 better then your IPhone, in your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by jsntrenkler View Post
    I am truly still on the fence about switching ... I love my 3GS ... But really want the freedom on the N1.
    Just do it, you'll never look back, not that you would ever want to.. but yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsquare View Post
    um...........no.
    I am still on the side lines, thinking about buying the N1, thinking about waiting for the HTC Desire, thinking about an IPhone... what makes the N1 better then your IPhone, in your opinion?
    It's faster, louder, slimmer, lighter, has a bigger screen, more customizable, easier to use, smoother, and all around better. This is me, after ditching my 3G when the nexus was announced.
    Send Me a Text!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My neighbors, husband and wife both have Iphones. One has a 3g the other a 3gs. personally don't have any experience on an iphone and never wanted it.

We compare phones quite a bit and every single time they are very jealous of the N1. It's a pita from what i hear to jailbreak the iphone. The N1 is a piece of cake to root and flash your own roms. Go check out xda some time and you'll see quite a few custom roms in the dev section for the N1.

With the stock rom and only having 512mb of space it's pretty lame on the N1. Once you install a bunch of apps and your memory gets low, the phone will get sluggish. So the iphone does have the N1 in that department.. On the other hand, if you root your phone and load up cyanogens rom which you can then install apps to your sd card. now it's a whole different ball game.

The N1 has the snapdragon 1ghz cpu. It's pretty snappy/quick. When you flash cyanogens rom it feels like you just upgraded to at least a dual core. This phone is fast, tons of devs coming out with new stuff almost daily. Great apps on the market as well. I have 0 complaints.

I just made the switch from iPhone 3Gs to the N1. I've been an iPhone user since day one, and have bought each version. I LOVE my iPhone(s) but wanted to get into Android and finally took the plunge and I have no regrets whatsoever. My only gripe about the N1 is the keyboard accuracy. That is better on the iPhone that's for sure. Yes iPhone was a game changer when it came out but is starting to become stale in the innovation department. At the end of the day one can't argue about the behemoth the iPhone has become, specially with the number of them floating around and the huge success of the App Store, but Android is picking up steam. Besides I know over twenty people in my circle with iPhones and I wanted to stand out!

Quote Originally Posted by FtrV8 View Post
    My only gripe about the N1 is the keyboard accuracy.
    I'm not that familiar with the factory keyboard and rom but i do know you can calibrate the keyboards. At least one of the keyboards i've used had the option. have you tried that by chance?

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyPimpin View Post
    I'm not that familiar with the factory keyboard and rom but i do know you can calibrate the keyboards. At least one of the keyboards i've used had the option. have you tried that by chance?
    No sir. Haven't rooted it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyPimpin View Post
    No sir. Haven't rooted it yet.
    oh alright. i waited about 3 weeks before rooting mine.. it's a whole different phone once you do. for the better of course

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links