AT&T 3G Nexus One Upgrade

This is a discussion on AT&T 3G Nexus One Upgrade within the AT&T forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I purchased the unlocked version in January. It is not capable of accessing AT&T's 3G network due to the frequency bands included with the phone. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AT&T 3G Nexus One Upgrade

AT&T 3G Nexus One Upgrade

I purchased the unlocked version in January. It is not capable of accessing AT&T's 3G network due to the frequency bands included with the phone.

I'm really a little pissed about this and think Google should allow a full value trade for those of us who purchased early, already have AT&T and now cannot take advantage of the 3G.

Anybody know how to resolve this?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Sell T-Mobile Nexus One - Purchase AT&T Nexus One.
    Probably won't get full value, but not Google fault I guess.

Well I don't have the T-Mobile, I have an unlocked N1 with an AT&T sim card, that works fine with everything except 3G because the frequency band isn't included.

It's absolutely Google's fault, all they had to do was include the frequency band of AT&T's 3G, which they've now done with the newer version from what I'm reading.

I will buy it. Name your price.

Quote Originally Posted by cadams05 View Post
    It's absolutely Google's fault, all they had to do was include the frequency band of AT&T's 3G, which they've now done with the newer version from what I'm reading.
    It looks like it's "either/or" - you can get AT&T 3G or T-Mobile 3G, but not both. The original N1 has the logic for both frequency bands, but a different amplifier chip is needed for AT&T.

If my memory serves me, they were up-front with the message that the original N1 would not use AT&T 3G.

You are correct about the technology remarks. And, you are correct they were upfront about the fact that it didn't work with AT&T 3G. What they weren't upfront about was the fact they were coming out with the AT&T freq. band in less than three months. I researched this well.

So bottom line, I wanted the N1 badly enough to go ahead and purchase it, and I'm glad I did because I love the phone. Had I known they were coming out with the ATT version so quickly I would have waited for it.

Problem solved, I just went online and purchased the new N1 for ATT. I'll sell the other one on ebay or something.

The thing is, I think Google is sitting back and waiting to see where the most complaints come in and offer fixes for them. It's partially a marketing scheme to add demand to the phone. I understand all that, but not offering ATT 3G was a pretty big deal, they should have done this differently and offered a rebate or something I think.

I would be happy to sell it to you my friend, but you're in Australia. Do you really want to pay the shipping that would cost?

Why don't you just buy one locally?

I bought the t-mobile version last month, canceled the service because it sucked in my area and was using my at&t sim in it on 2G, I know how your feeling.

I posted the phone up for sale yesterday on xda market for $450 and I had 4 offers with in 10 minutes. So it sold that fast, meaning you could probly ask for $475. I saw 2 others selling for $500 but they were still up for sale the last i checked.

You could probably get the at&t version the way I did it but you'll have to fork out $100.. it sucks but it's worth it for something you'll be using daily. on at&t 2g speed test i averaged about 80-130kbs. on 3G about 1,200-1,800 during mid day when the network is pretty busy. major difference.

ScottyPimpin - thanks for this response, I'm glad to hear your input. I went ahead and placed the order for the New ATT N1, so we took the same path on this.

I'll post mine on craigslist locally, I think I can sell it close to the same price you're quoting.

Thanks,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyPimpin View Post
    I bought the t-mobile version last month, canceled the service because it sucked in my area and was using my at&t sim in it on 2G, I know how your feeling.

I posted the phone up for sale yesterday on xda market for $450 and I had 4 offers with in 10 minutes. So it sold that fast, meaning you could probly ask for $475. I saw 2 others selling for $500 but they were still up for sale the last i checked.

You could probably get the at&t version the way I did it but you'll have to fork out $100.. it sucks but it's worth it for something you'll be using daily. on at&t 2g speed test i averaged about 80-130kbs. on 3G about 1,200-1,800 during mid day when the network is pretty busy. major difference.

Here in Vegas same thing.. did alot of research and only seen the N1 for Tmo and Verizon. Wanted GSM so went with Tmo. Bought it 5 weeks ago. Then the only phone my Wife liked was thru at&t..no biggie I my N1 would not get 3g thru at&t so no prob.. edge was very nice.

THEN BOOM the N1 is out for at&t. So decided to sell mine on Craigslist for $450.00 and sold very quickly. Getting my N1 at&t today. So be nice to have a phone and use it at full potiential.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links