(Sprint) Sanyo Zio OTA update to 2.2?

This is a discussion on (Sprint) Sanyo Zio OTA update to 2.2? within the Unlisted Android Phones forums, part of the Android Phones by Model category; This was just released this week (2/21/11) and I was excited to install this update on my "free" Sanyo Zio device. I tapped happily away ...

Thread: (Sprint) Sanyo Zio OTA update to 2.2?

(Sprint) Sanyo Zio OTA update to 2.2?

This was just released this week (2/21/11) and I was excited to install this update on my "free" Sanyo Zio device. I tapped happily away to update the firmware OTA and waited for the 3 part download to finish, I started telling my android savvy friends that 2.2 was now available on my "free" android phone.

Anyway, the update failed :P and the phone is "bricked" (according to the Sprint Service center), and they suggest to simply replace the device. The date and time shows up, but then hangs after you unlock the screen, "Sorry! Process system is not responding." What a PITA...

Poor reviews aside, this device functioned very well up until yesterday and I am looking for threads, posts, links or anything about trying to recover Android OS. I hope you guys are listening, and if anyone has the Zio with a successful update, I'd like to hear a short review!

Thank you all very much

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Update: I got my phone replaced yesterday (after waiting 4 days without a phone) and all is well, the update went through just fine on the replacement. I think the problem was because I had rooted the phone before, as far as I've read elsewhere, rooting your phone will cause some updates to fail catastrophically.

Anyone who is interested in this update should visit www.sprint.com/zioupdate to follow the instructions there and hopefully you don't "brick" your Zio as I did. There are also an official fix coming out sometime that should be able to "unbrick" the Zio, but that is only a rumor... I'd hope that there eventually is a way to reflash our Zio that we can avoid update failures in the future, or simply have an option to "hard reset" and start over.

Good luck everyone!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links