Device issues

This is a discussion on Device issues within the Unlisted Android Phones forums, part of the Android Phones by Model category; Dear Sir, Recently, I have purchased android tablet online from the chinese market. when I browse through this device, the Manufacturer is showing as "Unknown". ...

Thread: Device issues

Device issues

Dear Sir,

Recently, I have purchased android tablet online from the chinese market. when I browse through this device, the Manufacturer is showing as "Unknown". The other device details are given below.

Model number:
    Full Android on S5PV210

Android Version

Kernel version
    2.6.35.7-bena-a2p3+Bena@Bena #320

Build number
    full_s5pv210bena-eng 2.3.1 GINGERBREAD eng.
    version=bena-20110416_105507

In this device, I have the following problems:

a) My location - Google Maps is not able to determine "My location" eventhough I activated determination of my location by GPS and WIFI in the settings.

b) Reset - The factory data reset is not working. When I execute factory data reset, it just reboots. Nothing is deleted.

c) HDMI Output - When I select to see the movie on TV using different display settings for HDMI output, only the sound is transferred to the TV and not the image or picture.

d) Laptop-USB connection - When I try to connect the device to my laptop, the device hangs on "Turn on storage" screen and will never connect to the laptop. I tried all the solution on website but no success.

When I connect the supplier, he says they are working on to provide solutions. But it is already two months and no solution is in sight.

As such, I want to know from this forum, what is the solution for each of my issues. Is it possible to update my OS from 2.3.1 to 2.3.3 for the given specifications above.

Thanks in advance.
    Rama

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    to the forum!

To answer your problems in order:

A) Does your device have GPS? Are you currently connected to a Wi-Fi source while attempting to determine your location? GPS signals inside are incredibly weak and Wi-Fi location is very inaccurate.

B) What are you attempting to delete with the factory reset?

C) That sounds like a poor implementation of HDMI. You probably need an update or you have a bad HDMI port.

D) It sounds like you need an update to your firmware.

As for updating, that would up to the device manufacturer or a 3rd-party ROM. However, without knowledge of the maker and model I cannot even say if your device can flash a ROM -- or even if there is one available for you. You might be better off looking here: Android Tablet Forum to see about getting more specific help.
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Dear,

Please see my reply to your points.

a) Yes, my device has in-built GPS. When I use Google Maps, I am always connected to WIFI. When I click "My Location", the device would search and give message "Your current location is temperorily unavailable".

b) When I informed the issue about Laptop device connection to the vendor, he simply asked me to reset the device to factory default. So I tried, but it showed me that there is also an issue with factory data reset. The device would simply reboot in the name of factory data reset. I am also not able to go into recovery mode. I tried with third party software like clockworldmode, quick book, etc.

c) With regard to HDMI, I do not know whether it is bad port or not. Currently only the sound is played on the TV and the screen goes blank on both the device and the TV.

There should be some way of updating this device. Can anybody help me out of these four problems.

Thanks in Advance
    Rama

Like Furbearingmammal said, you need a firmware update. He also said if you use wifi for your data connection then the gps will not work. You connect to your laptop and the laptop doesn't recognize your tablet. This is also probably the same problem as the hdmi with playing movies on the tv. I would like to inform you if the drivers aren't installed properly or their using old drivers for the hdmi port it will not work. This is one of the problems my friend is having with his "iphone look alike", he bought from the Chinese market. This does not mean they sell bad products it's just difficult to try and fix something that doesn't have a model.

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Try taking your tablet outside, turn off the Wi-Fi, and see if you still can't connect to the GPS. Beyond that and we're back to needing new firmware.
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links