Theory on Nexus One Release Date...

This is a discussion on Theory on Nexus One Release Date... within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by gidgetm The CTIA event proved to be a big disappointment for many Verizon customers, and with the launch of Verizon 2.0 set ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Theory on Nexus One Release Date...

Quote Originally Posted by gidgetm View Post
    The CTIA event proved to be a big disappointment for many Verizon customers, and with the launch of Verizon 2.0 set for the 28th of this month, people are beginning to both look forward to and hope the phone will be released at that time. 2.0 not only would be a perfect time for the phone launch but also a good point in time to launch another device. Droid was up for purchase about 6 months ago. If the Nexus One were to be released before this month was out, that would give Verizon plenty of time to get ready for the launch of HTC’s Incredible at the end of this year. Both phone launches would come at a great time, seeing as the kiddies want a new device for summer and others will want something shiny and new to open up on Christmas.
    Nexus One will be far from being "shiny and new" come Christmas.

no that's the incredible. nexus is summer thing for kidz.

Here's a legit theory

If you go to the verizonwireless.com home page right now, there is a countdown going for the "buy one/get one" 3g smartphone deal. Doesn't it make the most sense that this countdown is a way to clear out inventory and at the end of the countdown they'll release the Nexus One or HTC Incredible or both?

By my count, the timer will run out as the clock strikes midnight on April 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by whereisnexusone View Post
    If you go to the verizonwireless.com home page right now, there is a countdown going for the "buy one/get one" 3g smartphone deal. Doesn't it make the most sense that this countdown is a way to clear out inventory and at the end of the countdown they'll release the Nexus One or HTC Incredible or both?

By my count, the timer will run out as the clock strikes midnight on April 1st.
    Yes, makes sense they are clearing stock, but not for the N1 as VZW is NOT selling the N1, Google is. There is no reason for them to clear space for the N1. However, it is likely the space is for the Incredible.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

i think the real theory i that it's b/c 2.1. the droid 2.1 updates keep getting delayed and the n1 runs 2.1. maybe 2.1 doesn't support skype so that's what there working on b/c verizon said 9 phones will have skype but they only announced 7. those 2 more will be the n1 and incredible. just my thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by jsilvers525 View Post
    i think the real theory i that it's b/c 2.1. the droid 2.1 updates keep getting delayed and the n1 runs 2.1. maybe 2.1 doesn't support skype so that's what there working on b/c verizon said 9 phones will have skype but they only announced 7. those 2 more will be the n1 and incredible. just my thoughts
    Same here, I thought that the instant I heard they announced 7...Think the N1 and Incredible have been delayed to have a front camera on it for Skype Video Chat?

i would f***** s*** my pants if that's the case. but think about it, they're going to need to improve things. the phone is around 4 months old. it might not be a camera, but at least something that fixes all the minor problems. i just really want it already. also sprint said they'll have it really soon so that means vzw will too since they're both CDMA. it doesn't take this long to just make a gsm phone cdma, they've go something up there sleeve. and if they announced it at CTIA nobody would remember anything about verizon and skype.

i would f***** s*** my pants if that's the case. but think about it, they're going to need to improve things. the phone is around 4 months old. it might not be a camera, but at least something that fixes all the minor problems. i just really want it already. also sprint said they'll have it really soon so that means vzw will too since they're both CDMA. it doesn't take this long to just make a gsm phone cdma, they've go something up there sleeve. and if they announced it at CTIA nobody would remember anything about verizon and skype.
    I cannot see them putting a front-facing camera on the phone...if they did it would require complete new approval by the FCC and Im sure we would have caught wind of that at some point. Besides, why change it for VZW only?

Although it would be nice, its very unlikely
    Bought the AT&T N1.

it is unlikely but the verizon version should be updated a little. the phone has been out for around 4 months, at least fix some of the bugs. i agree it is unlikely but they will definitely fix many things.

it is unlikely but the verizon version should be updated a little. the phone has been out for around 4 months, at least fix some of the bugs. i agree it is unlikely but they will definitely fix many things.
    true...I am hoping when the VZW N1 comes out, it addresses some of the glitches and quirks...but it will likely be in the form of an OTA update.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links