Theory on Nexus One Release Date...

This is a discussion on Theory on Nexus One Release Date... within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by gidgetm The CTIA event proved to be a big disappointment for many Verizon customers, and with the launch of Verizon 2.0 set ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 52

Thread: Theory on Nexus One Release Date...

  1. #11
    Senior Member menace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by gidgetm View Post
    The CTIA event proved to be a big disappointment for many Verizon customers, and with the launch of Verizon 2.0 set for the 28th of this month, people are beginning to both look forward to and hope the phone will be released at that time. 2.0 not only would be a perfect time for the phone launch but also a good point in time to launch another device. Droid was up for purchase about 6 months ago. If the Nexus One were to be released before this month was out, that would give Verizon plenty of time to get ready for the launch of HTC’s Incredible at the end of this year. Both phone launches would come at a great time, seeing as the kiddies want a new device for summer and others will want something shiny and new to open up on Christmas.
    Nexus One will be far from being "shiny and new" come Christmas.

  2. #12
    Junior Member gidgetm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    14
    no that's the incredible. nexus is summer thing for kidz.

  3. #13
    Junior Member whereisnexusone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3

    Here's a legit theory

    If you go to the verizonwireless.com home page right now, there is a countdown going for the "buy one/get one" 3g smartphone deal. Doesn't it make the most sense that this countdown is a way to clear out inventory and at the end of the countdown they'll release the Nexus One or HTC Incredible or both?

    By my count, the timer will run out as the clock strikes midnight on April 1st.

  4. #14
    Senior Member jaeisber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    718
    Quote Originally Posted by whereisnexusone View Post
    If you go to the verizonwireless.com home page right now, there is a countdown going for the "buy one/get one" 3g smartphone deal. Doesn't it make the most sense that this countdown is a way to clear out inventory and at the end of the countdown they'll release the Nexus One or HTC Incredible or both?

    By my count, the timer will run out as the clock strikes midnight on April 1st.
    Yes, makes sense they are clearing stock, but not for the N1 as VZW is NOT selling the N1, Google is. There is no reason for them to clear space for the N1. However, it is likely the space is for the Incredible.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

  5. #15
    Senior Member jsilvers525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    572
    i think the real theory i that it's b/c 2.1. the droid 2.1 updates keep getting delayed and the n1 runs 2.1. maybe 2.1 doesn't support skype so that's what there working on b/c verizon said 9 phones will have skype but they only announced 7. those 2 more will be the n1 and incredible. just my thoughts

  6. #16
    Member WarreN1Droid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by jsilvers525 View Post
    i think the real theory i that it's b/c 2.1. the droid 2.1 updates keep getting delayed and the n1 runs 2.1. maybe 2.1 doesn't support skype so that's what there working on b/c verizon said 9 phones will have skype but they only announced 7. those 2 more will be the n1 and incredible. just my thoughts
    Same here, I thought that the instant I heard they announced 7...Think the N1 and Incredible have been delayed to have a front camera on it for Skype Video Chat?

  7. #17
    Senior Member jsilvers525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    572
    i would f***** s*** my pants if that's the case. but think about it, they're going to need to improve things. the phone is around 4 months old. it might not be a camera, but at least something that fixes all the minor problems. i just really want it already. also sprint said they'll have it really soon so that means vzw will too since they're both CDMA. it doesn't take this long to just make a gsm phone cdma, they've go something up there sleeve. and if they announced it at CTIA nobody would remember anything about verizon and skype.

  8. #18
    Senior Member jaeisber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    718
    Quote Originally Posted by jsilvers525 View Post
    i would f***** s*** my pants if that's the case. but think about it, they're going to need to improve things. the phone is around 4 months old. it might not be a camera, but at least something that fixes all the minor problems. i just really want it already. also sprint said they'll have it really soon so that means vzw will too since they're both CDMA. it doesn't take this long to just make a gsm phone cdma, they've go something up there sleeve. and if they announced it at CTIA nobody would remember anything about verizon and skype.
    I cannot see them putting a front-facing camera on the phone...if they did it would require complete new approval by the FCC and Im sure we would have caught wind of that at some point. Besides, why change it for VZW only?

    Although it would be nice, its very unlikely
    Bought the AT&T N1.

  9. #19
    Senior Member jsilvers525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    572
    it is unlikely but the verizon version should be updated a little. the phone has been out for around 4 months, at least fix some of the bugs. i agree it is unlikely but they will definitely fix many things.

  10. #20
    Senior Member jaeisber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    718
    Quote Originally Posted by jsilvers525 View Post
    it is unlikely but the verizon version should be updated a little. the phone has been out for around 4 months, at least fix some of the bugs. i agree it is unlikely but they will definitely fix many things.
    true...I am hoping when the VZW N1 comes out, it addresses some of the glitches and quirks...but it will likely be in the form of an OTA update.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Best Buy Announces HTC EVO Shift Pre-Orders
    By danDroid in forum HTC EVO Shift
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-04-2011, 01:47 PM
  2. Adjust unlock time
    By G2 Forum User in forum HTC G2
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-24-2010, 02:05 AM
  3. Best ROM for HTC desire
    By DF Member in forum HTC Desire
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-21-2010, 04:54 AM
Android Forum