Theory on Nexus One Release Date...

This is a discussion on Theory on Nexus One Release Date... within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by nihilion No, no, no... you guys are way off. While it is true that both 'April' and 'Nexus' have five letters, the ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 52

Thread: Theory on Nexus One Release Date...

  1. #31
    Senior Member E-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by nihilion View Post
    No, no, no... you guys are way off. While it is true that both 'April' and 'Nexus' have five letters, the notion that this somehow reveals the secret release date is absurd. I mean think about, really think about it. What does 'nexus' mean? It means 'a connection', or tie; not just any tie, but to a center. Which month is the center? None, you say, because there are only 12 months. Or so they would have you believe. Apparently you have never heard the legend of the 13th month. They leave it off of calendars because it doesn't fall before or after another; it is the month that connects all the other months together in the center. But what does that mean, you ask? You see, you must understand that Einstein tells us that time and space are inseparable... part of the same 'stuff' that makes up the fabric of the universe. So as the 12 months are extensions in time, there must be a corresponding extension in physical space. And where as that? Do I really have to ask? By now it should be obvious that the 'nexus' is us. You and me, all of us. Connected by the internet, via Google, to each and everyone else. WE ARE THE NEXUS, AND WE ARE ALL ONE. Don't you get it? You've been waiting all this time for the Nexus One to come out, but it has already existed in us since we first came together out of digital nothingness. Once you realize this, you will experience the True nature and power of the Nexus One--and let me tell you, it is glorious.
    lol! wow, nice.

  2. #32
    Junior Member mapexvenus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    19
    How about this theory? : the N1 is delayed in coming to Verizon because of pressure from Motorola. Droid sales will dip as soon as the N1 is released on Verizon and I don't think Moto is willing to let let this happen to it's flagship Android product in the US.

  3. #33
    Senior Member jaeisber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    718
    Quote Originally Posted by mapexvenus View Post
    How about this theory? : the N1 is delayed in coming to Verizon because of pressure from Motorola. Droid sales will dip as soon as the N1 is released on Verizon and I don't think Moto is willing to let let this happen to it's flagship Android product in the US.
    Possible, but unlikely. I dont think Motorola would have the influence to keep Google AND Verizon from releasing a phone. And in all honesty, i dont the N1 will sell that drastically once it is released on VZW. No one outside of most tech blogs know about the N1 or are willing to buy it.

    Besides, any manufacturer could say that the next greatest phone will hurt their sales...
    Bought the AT&T N1.

  4. #34
    Junior Member mapexvenus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeisber View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mapexvenus View Post
    How about this theory? : the N1 is delayed in coming to Verizon because of pressure from Motorola. Droid sales will dip as soon as the N1 is released on Verizon and I don't think Moto is willing to let let this happen to it's flagship Android product in the US.
    Possible, but unlikely. I dont think Motorola would have the influence to keep Google AND Verizon from releasing a phone. And in all honesty, i dont the N1 will sell that drastically once it is released on VZW. No one outside of most tech blogs know about the N1 or are willing to buy it.

    Besides, any manufacturer could say that the next greatest phone will hurt their sales...
    I think that the N1 will outsell the Droid even if users don't read reviews in this forum (or elsewhere) for the simple reason that it's is a better looking phone and when users walk into a VZ store they will be drawn to the N1 over the Droid.

    Just my $.02

  5. #35
    Senior Member Yadao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    126
    That probably would be the case if the N1 was sold in Verizon stores, but it's not gonna be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #36
    Senior Member jaeisber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    718
    Yeah, if there was marketing and in-store sales, then I wholeheartedly believe the N1 would outsell the Droid and iPhone combined. However, with online sales only, no hint of tv marketing, and only able to be found by perusing technical blogs and certain websites...it just isnt going to be wide spread enough. The potential is there...just not the pieces to get it there.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

  7. #37
    Junior Member doom22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    11
    The sales of the nexus 3 or 4 will be much better. online and viral marketing work well but they just take a lot of time. Its the same strategy they took with their email and search engine.

  8. #38
    Junior Member thess1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1
    Well the droid 2.1 update is out now so I would assume that means skype and 2.1 are playing nicely together. Nexus one in the next couple of weeks??? I think so.

  9. #39
    Senior Member jsilvers525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    572
    you mean next couple of days a week tops right? =)

  10. #40
    Senior Member jaeisber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    718
    Just becuase 2.1 came out doesnt mean its working with Skype. All it means is that the Droid is getting it (which if Im correct is not one of the phones getting Skype)

    I could be wrong though. If so, then YES, I think that means skype is playing nice with 2.1
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Best Buy Announces HTC EVO Shift Pre-Orders
    By danDroid in forum HTC EVO Shift
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-04-2011, 01:47 PM
  2. Adjust unlock time
    By G2 Forum User in forum HTC G2
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-24-2010, 02:05 AM
  3. Best ROM for HTC desire
    By DF Member in forum HTC Desire
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-21-2010, 04:54 AM
Android Forum