So close to going T-mo. Gaiz, I needz some guidance.

This is a discussion on So close to going T-mo. Gaiz, I needz some guidance. within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Like you, I've been waiting for the N1 on VZW. Can't stop thinking about how CDMAzing its going to be on Big Red. But aside ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So close to going T-mo. Gaiz, I needz some guidance.

So close to going T-mo. Gaiz, I needz some guidance.

Like you, I've been waiting for the N1 on VZW. Can't stop thinking about how CDMAzing its going to be on Big Red. But aside from their massive, dare i say 'well endowed', network, I don't particularly like them. Their plans suck. 10 bucks per month for 500 text messages? Srsly?

I was passing by the local Verizon store today and thought I'd drop in and go Jack Bauer on someone. I get in there. You know how it is. Some douchey greeter is there to take your name and send you off to some other douches. Wherever you go, you can expect to wait. The whole place reeks of corporate self-aggrandizement, arrogance, and culturelessness. I feel creeped out and had to leave. As I exit the main door I have an urge to brush myself off, as if some of it had somehow clung to me.

Feeling lost and confused--wanting the N1 so badly on that gigantic, perfectly formed that makes Verizon so confident they will never lose me--I just decide to wander about the mall. Maybe it will clear my head.

Feeling so desperate for a phone, I let a guy at the ATT shop lure me with his sly talk and shiny, trendy products. Before I knew it they were trying to slip me the iPhone so I just ran and keep on running all the way past the Wetzel's Pretzels. Exhausted and heaving, I fell back on a bench, and there she was. Sarah was her name. I delightful and modestly beautiful girl of perhaps 23-25 years. She spoke with the most gentle hint of a South Asian accent. Her softly rolling syllables lapped at my inner ears like the summer tide on the Goa coast. Sarah was the proprietor of a small T-mobile kiosk. With a warm and friendly, yet authentic demeanor, she asked me what was the matter and I told her my troubles.

We had the most delightful conversation, Sarah and I, talking about many things and many phones. She even let me play with her HD2.

Alas, she had no Nexus One to sell me and I was/am hellbent on its acquisition. Yet as I said 'goodbye' and turned to make my way home, it occurred that the last time I was in a T-mobile shop, the experience had been quite pleasurable as well. On the T-mobile thread at the N1forums, many T-mobile users spoke glowingly of their customer service. And you know, is it just me or do they really seem a bit more... human. Walking past the massive Verizon facility that occupied its own building in the parking lot--everything seemed so insincere, artificial. Plastic-y, like a house of mannequins.

Now, I know it seems irrational. I mean, its not like I have to deal with customer service people very often, whereas I'll be using a carrier's network every single day. But am I the only one that's starting to feel like its not worth it? I'm so sick of Verizon mistreating us. No roll-over minutes (ATT), no unlimited texting and cute and charming girls named Sarah (T-mob). Of course, i'd rather choke on Verizon's big red network than be another douche with an iPhone, but T-mobile... maybe I could leave Verizon for her. Sure, she's not the largest network. But it just seems like she's trying, you know? Does that count for something? She doesn't have the resources to build some next generation "4G" network, but you know, she's working real hard to get as much out of that HSPA network she can. T-mob gives us everything she has. If she gets a new phone, she offers it to us with alacrity. She doesn't hold out on us, letting us languish out in the cold--burning hope for fuel--betting that we'd never have the guts to leave. Why? Certainly not just so she can sell a few more Droids.

So seriously, what do you think? I'm getting tired of waiting. Are we spoiled by Verizon's huge network, such that we have become blind to other things that are important? Or does it really all come down to size. Could we be happier with someone else?

tl;dr: Guy asks if we are spoiled by VZW's massive networks. Wonders if we are blind to their flaws, and asks if we could possibly be happy with a better carrier that treats us better.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Eloquently put there. I started with a T-Mobile (which is about 4 years ago) and I had no issues with them at all, but of course I was in high school and was just happy about having a cell phone. Soon after that, Verizon came along. With they're grandiose "Can you hear me now" commercials and supposedly vast communication network... so I was sold. At first I was okay... I guess. Wasn't really able to do anything on the phone (was a pretty "okay" phone) other than the very basic cell phone functions (call, text, browse); the limitations put on the phone by Verizon was annoying, to say the least. No amenities unless you paid.

I've never had a smartphone with Verizon (I guess my phone right now is a "pseudo" smart phone) so I don't know how many limitations Verizon will put on the Nexus One. Hopefully none. I guess we'll see soon.

I too am on the verge of heading on over to T-Mobile. Like I said on another thread here... if the N1 isn't out with VZW by the end of March, I think I'll cancel my contract and buy the T-Mobile Nexus One. However, I just recently found out about the HTC EVO 4G which is incredibly appealing with its 720p video recording capabilities... and it is out "Summer 2010."

Quote Originally Posted by menace View Post
    Eloquently put there. I started with a T-Mobile (which is about 4 years ago) and I had no issues with them at all, but of course I was in high school and was just happy about having a cell phone. Soon after that, Verizon came along. With they're grandiose "Can you hear me now" commercials and supposedly vast communication network... so I was sold. At first I was okay... I guess. Wasn't really able to do anything on the phone (was a pretty "okay" phone) other than the very basic cell phone functions (call, text, browse); the limitations put on the phone by Verizon was annoying, to say the least. No amenities unless you paid.

I've never had a smartphone with Verizon (I guess my phone right now is a "pseudo" smart phone) so I don't know how many limitations Verizon will put on the Nexus One. Hopefully none. I guess we'll see soon.

I too am on the verge of heading on over to T-Mobile. Like I said on another thread here... if the N1 isn't out with VZW by the end of March, I think I'll cancel my contract and buy the T-Mobile Nexus One. However, I just recently found out about the HTC EVO 4G which is incredibly appealing with its 720p video recording capabilities... and it is out "Summer 2010."
    Im tempted to make the move to AT&T. I cannot do T-Mobile as I travel frequently and cannot afford to not have service. But, I hate AT&T almost as much as Apple and the iPhone, so it would take a lot for me to move. Im giving the VZW n1 until mid-April. If nothing by then, Im getting something else.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Quote Originally Posted by nihilion View Post

I was passing by the local Verizon store today and thought I'd drop in and go Jack Bauer on someone.
    Haha, I take all credit for that...A trend I've started....

jaieseber you've waited so long. sprint said their's will be out soon so that means vzw's will too. trust me we're almost there. i feel verizon has something up there sleeve. i think it has something to do with 2.1 and skype as i mentioned before any body else.

Quote Originally Posted by jsilvers525 View Post
    jaieseber you've waited so long. sprint said their's will be out soon so that means vzw's will too. trust me we're almost there. i feel verizon has something up there sleeve. i think it has something to do with 2.1 and skype as i mentioned before any body else.
    I doubt ill go anywhere, but I dont think it will be anytime soon. I hope Im wrong...but soon could mean within the next 2 months.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

A friend of mine recently went over to the dark side and switched from Verizon to AT&T and the iphone, he likes the iphone but hates the network. Be careful, who you switch to. Long time ago, I had TMob and coverage was pathetic, especially given that I lived in downtown SF (Nob Hill...on top of a hill to boot). VZW does spoil us with their coverage, restrictions on their phones suck, but I think Apple's restrictions are worse. That's why I can't wait to customize my N1, if it ever arrives that is, but I'm just sayin.

Plus Ive heard lots of people say the difference In internet speed when they switch over is rediculous.... Verizon is much better.......But even with that i want to bounce them cuz they NEVER have a top of the line phone

You know how it is. Some douchey greeter is there to take your name and send you off to some other douches.
    I laughed for a good minute about this description. :rofl3:
    :nexusx: A new hope. :nexusx:

Ain't that the truth...their like car salesman as the rest of the cell carriers out there. lol

QUOTE=NexusWon;37051]
    You know how it is. Some douchey greeter is there to take your name and send you off to some other douches.
    I laughed for a good minute about this description. :rofl3:[/QUOTE]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links