Just got off the phone with Verizon Activation Center Rep.

This is a discussion on Just got off the phone with Verizon Activation Center Rep. within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Well i just got my HTC Droid Eris phones today and activated mine just fine earlier in the day. Tonight when i went to activate ...

Thread: Just got off the phone with Verizon Activation Center Rep.

Just got off the phone with Verizon Activation Center Rep.

Well i just got my HTC Droid Eris phones today and activated mine just fine earlier in the day. Tonight when i went to activate my wifes phone there was an issue so i was forwarded to a rep who could help me. Of course he was able to get the phone activated with just a couple steps and all was good. So while i had him on the phone i asked if he had any info on the Nexus One from Verizon. He said no they haven't recieved any info on it and they have not been trained on it yet. He went on to tell me whenever they get in a new phone they spend 2 weeks training on them so when calls come in for activation they are prepared. So after him telling me this, i asked "So its safe to say they won't be coming out in the next 2 weeks?" he replied "Yes thats correct, theres no way they will be coming out on our network within the next 2 weeks" he also went on to say verizon likes to release phone around the holidays. Take it for what its worth, but imo if the guys activating the phones on verizons network don't have any info on it or have recieved any training on it then it doesn't look good for the time being. Of course that is unless google is handling the activation process, but i don't know how that would work exactly. Anyhow i figured i'd post my findings here.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The N1 is supported and activated through Google/HTC. Verizon will only provide the network. So the phone can still come out whenever.

Boom son! Turn off that fire!

Quote Originally Posted by USofPlutarchy View Post
    The N1 is supported and activated through Google/HTC. Verizon will only provide the network. So the phone can still come out whenever.
    You 100% sure about that? Link to solid proof?

Besides the fact that VZW has never actually announced that they are carrying the phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Take a good look at this page:

Nexus One Phone - Web meets phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Yeah, it's on Google's phone page. Who knows though, maybe I'm completely wrong and VZW will do a 180 from ATT and T-MO and carry and support it in store. Hopefully I'm wrong, that'd be great.

I'd say even if Verizon won't be the ones to FULLY support Nexus One they'd still need to train their employees in order for them to know some information on it... and maybe that would take about 1 week or so...

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links