Just recieved an e-mail from Verizon...

This is a discussion on Just recieved an e-mail from Verizon... within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; i think he might be right about it being delayed b/c software but made the specs seem not as good as they are to try ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Just recieved an e-mail from Verizon...

i think he might be right about it being delayed b/c software but made the specs seem not as good as they are to try and make you buy a droid or devour.

Veroogled

Signs that this whole thing is getting out-of-hand is apparent in both this thread, and the Official Verizon thread, as well as the thousands of blogs and "news" sites reporting on the issue. These questions and frustrations need not be directed towards Verizon, but at Google: it is their hardware spec, their software, their promotional efforts etc.

That said, an official status update should have or should be promptly released. Because there comes a time when the tight lipped stance goes beyond simply creating grassroots BUZZ to creating this environment of perceived alienation and resentment on behalf of the customer. That's where we're at today, and business is beginning to suffer because of it.

Google is more than a technological leader. They are a catalyst of fundamental change socially,in business and in politics. With this position comes responsibility. And, in this instance it is the unit that is managing the Nexus One project to communicate to their customers.

Nobody cares if there is a software issue or a problem with production. Us Google customers are understanding, we just want to know whats going on, so we can all get on with our lives. We look to everyone at Google to help make our lives more productive, but this silence is highly counterproductive.

As the Dude might say, "We just want some new information to come to light, man!"

Quote Originally Posted by menace View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeisber View Post

To keep a customer and for a number of other reasons most companies would outright lie. That is big business...unfortunately.
    Well some guy in this thread said he has a business account that pays $400/month and he doesn't seem to have been told anything special to keep him as a customer... why was I treated so special?

Quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by BigE"s DROID View Post
    I have a buisness account with 8 lines and a bill normally around $400 a month....I told them i was gonna switch and they told me i would have a lot of early termanation fees! I was pissed but i guess that when u have the best of the best service u dont need everybody! there service is the best and i will nerver switch. I have a Moto Droid and the N1 is for my wife who has the Eris now(whitch is horrible!) I just want her to have a good device like i have.
    Well, did you talk to the same person he did? Just because one rep tries to keep a customer and another doesnt, does not prove anything. If you search through this forum...MANY people have talked to different reps and different levels (salesman, asst manager, manager, corporate, etc) and they all get different stories. And thats exactly what they are, stories. Now, it is possible that what you were told is true, dont get me wrong. All Im saying is that the likelihood that this person decided to fork over this information via email to you is pretty slim...its more likely that they said it to keep your account.

Plus VZW reps read these forums and tech blogs as well...which is probably where they get their 'insider' information. Just because they work for Verizon doesnt mean they know anything more than we do.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

I actually have more worries about the hardware issues. Please tell me they're making them correct these as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CrankyJay View Post
    I actually have more worries about the hardware issues. Please tell me they're making them correct these as well.
    We dont necessarily know that there are any hardware issues...more likely they are OS bugs causing issues with the Hardware.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

We dont necessarily know that there are any hardware issues...more likely they are OS bugs causing issues with the Hardware.
    I'm referring to a few cracked screens (overblown issue?) and the misfires on the capacitive touch buttons. I suppose the misfires could be errant coordinates in the software.

I'm referring to a few cracked screens (overblown issue?) and the misfires on the capacitive touch buttons. I suppose the misfires could be errant coordinates in the software.
    Ah...yeah the cracked screens may be an over exaggeration...I havent heard much about that lately, but I know it used to be a big deal. Maybe a bad batch? who knows...but the capacitive buttons are likely poor programming on Google's part.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links