iPhone Coming To Verizon This Year

This is a discussion on iPhone Coming To Verizon This Year within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by USofPlutarchy Originally Posted by jsilvers525 100% not happening. vzw just tweeted today next month android will beat iphone or something like that. ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: iPhone Coming To Verizon This Year

Quote Originally Posted by USofPlutarchy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsilvers525 View Post
    100% not happening. vzw just tweeted today next month android will beat iphone or something like that. this rumor comes up every sing year. it's not happening. but yea i saw that too and thought it was interesting.
    So you believe some random source on a small tech blog when they say that the N1 is coming March 23rd, but when the largest and most credible newspaper in the US says that they were given info from investors, consultants, and analysts that were briefed by the company directly, you don't trust them? Interesting...

Edit: By the way, I hate Apple and won't be giving up my N1 for a while, but this info was definitely post-worthy.
    Well nothing against WSJ, but the article sites 'people in the know'.
    jsilvers says it happens every year. The article says AT&T was basically quoting it as a rumor, no one else would comment....
    So I don't think its a problem to doubt this will happen, but who knows.
    From reading the article it SEEMS like this information was leaked as Apple is trying to reach a larger International audience and that this technology will only be available to certain people or countries and "not right away after production"...
    What I do know is WSJ LOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVEEEEEEESSSSS Apple and will give them all the press in the world they want and have even hoped on the iPad bandwagon with HUGE shares in the advertising game.

Anyway, Google needs to get the N1 to the gigantic amount of Verizon customers. When this happens and it catches on, I think the media will really be playing up the whole N1 vs iPhone deal, as there will be sales to back it.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

iPhone vs Android Comparisons

It's interesting all the device-based comparisons that go in the Smart phone sector. A current major comparison is iPhone to Nexus One. Earlier in the year it was iPhone vs Droid. But I think that devices are the wrong basis on which to make comparisons. The iPhone took off because of its OS and UI. It was one of a kind and, love or hate Apple, it was a game changer. Since then, everyone seems to compare individual device sales to the iPhone, but that's making an Apple-driven (i.e, device based) comparison.

The best comparison is to look at OS/UI. The Android System, because it is not locked to a single device and does not lock down app development so tightly, offers a great OS/UI that meets consumers wants and needs. So if you compare iPhone sales to anything Android, it should be Android devices as a whole, not just one device. iPhone vs Droid, or iPhone vs N1 doesn't give the true picture of where consumers are going. Comparing the number of devices in the iPhone system vs those in the Android System does because it reflects the OS/UI appeal that draws consumers to devices that leverage those systems.

Finally, I think any comparison of iPhone vs Android apps is great if you can only look 3-6 months to the future. Sure iPhone has more apps, but that's only because it's been around longer. Take the long term view: how many apps will Android have when it's been around as long as the iPhone. And keep in mind the open architecture of Android in terms of how many apps that's going to generate.

Just some musings on the subject...

i like the direction android is moving in more. they are constantly updating their os and don't leave out obvious features. no flash on camera and no flash support in web browser at all coming to iphone. also the 3g to the 3gs was no real improvement. they could have done that in a month. i bet this year will be the same as the 3gs but with like a higher res screen or something so minor plus with a new os b/c they spent so much time on the stupid oversized ipod but i bet sales will be through the roof. also the nexus one is getting a major os update within the first half of 2010. iphone is going to be for all those people who don't want a complicated phone and wants everything simple and don't care for much besides calls, text and browsing. android is more for nerds and people who want to know every little spec. they appeal to different types of people. for ex: i'm sure the lg voyager sold more phones then a nexus but by no means is better. just better advertised and appealed to more people.

Although Android may be for nerds, that doesn't mean it isn't as simple as iPhone for novice users. Tech critics say Android isn't as intuitive as iPhone, but the proof is in the pudding. I got my wife, who is NOT tech savvy, a Droid. I just handed it to her and she was able to figure it out, customize it, download apps, etc. all on her own. She loves the phone and uses it with no complaint at all about any difficulty in understanding how it works. I think the confusion comes from critics looking at every detail of the UI and approaching it with the bias of having used another system (e.g., iPhone). My wife's experience, and that of many others I've seen in posts in various forums shows the Android system to be very user friendly and not just for nerds by any means.

This would be the perfect opportunity to see an Adroid phone (N1) head to head with iPhone on the most desirable network (Verizon) for perfromance and sales.

Quote Originally Posted by dixy2k View Post
    This would be the perfect opportunity to see an Adroid phone (N1) head to head with iPhone on the most desirable network (Verizon) for perfromance and sales.
    If the Iphone would be sold in verizon stores, google should atleast think of doing that to the n1. but thats a long shot no doubt...

I am willing to bet that if Verizon gets an iPhone, it will be a dumbed down version of whatever new phone AT&T gets. We may get the current 3GS. Not that it's entirely a bad thing, but No Multitask = No customer here.

it's been proven the CDMA version is for china. they hate each other verizon and apple. there won't be a verizon iphone any time soon. the soonest being when verizon switches to LTE, which i still highly doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by dixy2k View Post
    iPhone would still get more sales. How many people do you know that even knows what a Nexus One is? I have to sit through a stupid iPhone app commercial 4-5 times a TV show.
    Google needs to sell enough of these to really make some good money and keep them interested in the phone and make them want to put some time into better updates, maybe more money to give away to app developers.
    As far as Im concerned if as many people people had a Nexus One as an iPhone, it may lose some appeal to me
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

With the way it looks N1 and Iphone might be released to verizon together....maybe in the summer thats prolly googles reasoning for holding off on the n1 they want to compete with apple

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links