iPhone Coming To Verizon This Year

This is a discussion on iPhone Coming To Verizon This Year within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; At this point in time Google seems down right dumb. They are trying to sell a phone which you can't feel and touch, no commercials ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: iPhone Coming To Verizon This Year

At this point in time Google seems down right dumb. They are trying to sell a phone which you can't feel and touch, no commercials on tv, no sales reps in T-Mo or AT&T stores to tell you about it, etc.

Is there any wonder now that the iPad (pre)sold more units that N1 did in 3 months?

Quote Originally Posted by jsilvers525 View Post
    it's been proven the CDMA version is for china. they hate each other verizon and apple. there won't be a verizon iphone any time soon. the soonest being when verizon switches to LTE, which i still highly doubt.
    lol no it hasn't. All you do is circulate idle rumors. If you don't have a source, don't claim something. Go back to the Verizon N1 thread if you aren't going to add any value to this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by dixy2k View Post
    At this point in time Google seems down right dumb. They are trying to sell a phone which you can't feel and touch, no commercials on tv, no sales reps in T-Mo or AT&T stores to tell you about it, etc.

Is there any wonder now that the iPad (pre)sold more units that N1 did in 3 months?
    I dont believe it is down-right dumb by any means. Think of all the things you have looked at and purchased online without ever touching. The reason this seems dumb is because it is a first. The first for most things always looks strange until you realize its actually a decent way of doing things.

Yes, it will take a while to catch on, and yes without advertising there will be SIGNIFICANTLY fewer sales early on. But I believe Google is treating this like all of their other releases (gmail, google search, google voice) and look at how all of those things are doing. Word of mouth takes a bit longer than traditional advertising, but it is viral and free.

Also, as for the iPad. Of course it is going to sell a lot better than a phone that has only been on the market for a few months. Apple has a bunch of fanboys and loyalists that will buy ANYTHING and EVERYTHING they put out...regardless of how worthless it is. You cannot compare Google sales to iPhone or other Apple sales at this point...its too early in their process and its completely different...Apples and Oranges.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Quote Originally Posted by clokwork View Post
    I am willing to bet that if Verizon gets an iPhone, it will be a dumbed down version of whatever new phone AT&T gets. We may get the current 3GS. Not that it's entirely a bad thing, but No Multitask = No customer here.
    Even if it was to be the current 3GS (which I doubt) it will have multi-tasking with the 4.0 release of the software.

Quote Originally Posted by brvheart View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by clokwork View Post
    I am willing to bet that if Verizon gets an iPhone, it will be a dumbed down version of whatever new phone AT&T gets. We may get the current 3GS. Not that it's entirely a bad thing, but No Multitask = No customer here.
    Even if it was to be the current 3GS (which I doubt) it will have multi-tasking with the 4.0 release of the software.
    This is true. I am curious to see if it will be a rehash or some new form factor.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links