Help me decide - VZW or T-Mobile

This is a discussion on Help me decide - VZW or T-Mobile within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; To me the choice is clear. Verizon. You can save a bit of money up front by going with T-Mobile but what kind of frustration ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help me decide - VZW or T-Mobile

Admin
    To me the choice is clear. Verizon.

You can save a bit of money up front by going with T-Mobile but what kind of frustration will you get when you have dropped calls and spotty coverage all the time?

I'd rather try to relieve some stress and pay a bit more. Just my 2c.

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post

You can save a bit of money up front by going with T-Mobile but what kind of frustration will you get when you have dropped calls and spotty coverage all the time?

Never a dropped call, and great coverage here in NorCal...provided you stay in populated (towers) areas. If you plan on living/working out in rural areas or the boonies, get a sat phone! :rofl3:

Still kinda on the fence here...
    Need more opinions plzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post

:bsflag:
    T-Mobile has excellent coverage on the West Coast and at least $20 cheaper a month than a comparable plan at Verizon, which is why I moved to T-Mobile... that and the fact that Verizon doesn't have SIM cards so I couldn't talk and use the internet at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by nihilion View Post
    1. Another thing not to forget is that T-mobile doesn't charge you for tethering currently. Whereas, if you get caught doing it on Verizon be ready to get hit with a Big Red fee bat.
    How much do you get charged?
    And is there a way to avoid getting caught?

Idk how much you get charged but i haven't really seen anyone get caught yet. I dont really know how they would find out either. But i think you need to ROOT etc...to tether.

Anyways, check the coverage etc...and see if any of them are bad in your area. I have T-mobile currently and it's been fine for me. I live in New York so all four carriers are good here.

You definitely will save some money going with T-mobile and it's not that bad.......just check the coverage map to see how 3G data and Voice coverage is in your area.

Plus, you can just get the Nexus One already for T-mobile or the HD2. Your out of luck though for most unlocked phones, T-mobile uses a frequency most unlocked phones don't use for 3G data. AT&T uses the more common 3G data frequency if im not mistaken. AT&T also has the fastest 3G speeds right now, proven by engadget themselves recently, few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by pewpewbangbang View Post
    Idk how much you get charged but i haven't really seen anyone get caught yet. I dont really know how they would find out either. But i think you need to ROOT etc...to tether.

Anyways, check the coverage etc...and see if any of them are bad in your area. I have T-mobile currently and it's been fine for me. I live in New York so all four carriers are good here.

You definitely will save some money going with T-mobile and it's not that bad.......just check the coverage map to see how 3G data and Voice coverage is in your area.

Plus, you can just get the Nexus One already for T-mobile or the HD2. Your out of luck though for most unlocked phones, T-mobile uses a frequency most unlocked phones don't use for 3G data. AT&T uses the more common 3G data frequency if im not mistaken. AT&T also has the fastest 3G speeds right now, proven by engadget themselves recently, few months ago.
    The whole government controversy with AT&T turns me off... I dunno if I'm just being paranoid, but yeah...

Also, there's no subsidized version.

Verizon...for sure. If you plan to do any traveling outside of major areas, you definitely will want VZW....but not its just a matter of waiting until the N1 comes out.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links