I'm done waiting. You lost me, Verizon.

This is a discussion on I'm done waiting. You lost me, Verizon. within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I understand you being upset, but all Google/Verizon has said was Spring 2010...everyone else started speculating. I'm tired of waiting too but Tmob and AT&T ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm done waiting. You lost me, Verizon.

I understand you being upset, but all Google/Verizon has said was Spring 2010...everyone else started speculating. I'm tired of waiting too but Tmob and AT&T coverage isn't as good for me...that's key to me. I'm waiting for the N1 because it'll be handled by Google, less restricted, Incredible may have better specs, but I want freedom with customization and reliable coverage and fast 3G speeds of Verizon. Regardless of what anybody says, it's up to your own priorities, if you need to have the best phone right away and don't those other carriers are decent in your geography, all good then. Sprint has that $69.99 unlimited text/3G access/mobile2mobile, but if you call any other line that's not a cell, you only get 450 mins...I conference call a bunch so not for me.

It's messed up and it ain't perfect but I'd rather wait a few weeks then get stuck. My friend jumped to AT&T from VZW and hates life, my brother is on TMob and likes his plan but coverage is so spotty. To each his/her own.

Agreed. I'm going to wait until Tuesday, but if the Verizon Nexus One isn't out by then I'm ordering the AT&T version.

verrrrry interesting. I just might do the same and get it this week. Enough is enough

Quote Originally Posted by jumbotron View Post
    I understand you being upset, but all Google/Verizon has said was Spring 2010...everyone else started speculating. I'm tired of waiting too but Tmob and AT&T coverage isn't as good for me...that's key to me. I'm waiting for the N1 because it'll be handled by Google, less restricted, Incredible may have better specs, but I want freedom with customization and reliable coverage and fast 3G speeds of Verizon. Regardless of what anybody says, it's up to your own priorities, if you need to have the best phone right away and don't those other carriers are decent in your geography, all good then. Sprint has that $69.99 unlimited text/3G access/mobile2mobile, but if you call any other line that's not a cell, you only get 450 mins...I conference call a bunch so not for me.

It's messed up and it ain't perfect but I'd rather wait a few weeks then get stuck. My friend jumped to AT&T from VZW and hates life, my brother is on TMob and likes his plan but coverage is so spotty. To each his/her own.
    Yeah, I see your point of view. This is where I have been for most of these past months. I wanted the Big Red network and the freedom of Google's N1. But during this time I've done a lot of thinking (here is my tale), and in doing so I've questioned my assumptions that all that mattered was the best network and that once all was summed up prices were pretty much the same. I learned that for 70 bucks, Sprint will give me effectively unlimited everything (I call land lines rarely). Further, while i get a 19% discount through my employer on both Verizon and Sprint, Verizon applies it only to the basic voice plan whereas Sprint applies it to the entire bill (including data). The result is a $54 bill for more unlimited everything. Further, with that plan Sprint automatically gives me premium customer status, which gives me discounts on accessories and more importantly allows me to do 1 year contracts instead of 2 year. T-mob's pretty good too... will be a bit more expensive than Sprint, but they don't charge you for tethering. I think that's pretty cool.

Really the conclusion I came to is that, while Verizon definitely has the best network, they've become too reliant on that advantage. Frankly, I see the other guys just trying harder. Walking in and out of T-mobile and Sprint stores these days, I felt like they were trying to attract my business by pleasing me and offering me better deals. Going into Verizon (and AT&T), I felt like I was being processed. Like literally the first thing they do is give you a number and direct you to a line to stand in. I tell you I'm done with it. Underdogs ftw.

Underdogs with spotty service. Have fun

I live in a small city in Montana, Verizon basically has a monopoly up here. They're the only company that has a brick and mortar store here. There's no Sprint, At&t, T-Mo, nothing. Only couple local cell phone companies who barely have a signal in areas where its a given that they should. I do like the service we get locally, there are no lines and the people seem human at our Verizon store.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You can't blame Verizon. They never promised crap. They only said it'll come out spring. Your choice of waiting for it.
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Threads like this quack me up. Like many have said on here its not like Verizon said it will come out March 23rd or April 1st or any other rumor date that has been thrown around, Its just a rumor. No reason to get so mad at a company since it was probably someone making up a date to be a jerk. Ive been waiting for awhile and putting up with my half broken storm but the way I look at it Verizon has till June before anyone can get mad

Quote Originally Posted by nate3382 View Post
    Threads like this quack me up. Like many have said on here its not like Verizon said it will come out March 23rd or April 1st or any other rumor date that has been thrown around, Its just a rumor. No reason to get so mad at a company since it was probably someone making up a date to be a jerk. Ive been waiting for awhile and putting up with my half broken storm but the way I look at it Verizon has till June before anyone can get mad
    Well said........aaaaaaaaaaand I feel you on that Storm.

I can't get mad at them unless Summer hits with no phone. I am still anxious though! No doubt about that.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links