I'm done waiting. You lost me, Verizon.

This is a discussion on I'm done waiting. You lost me, Verizon. within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by nate3382 Threads like this quack me up. Like many have said on here its not like Verizon said it will come out ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm done waiting. You lost me, Verizon.

Quote Originally Posted by nate3382 View Post
    Threads like this quack me up. Like many have said on here its not like Verizon said it will come out March 23rd or April 1st or any other rumor date that has been thrown around, Its just a rumor. No reason to get so mad at a company since it was probably someone making up a date to be a jerk. Ive been waiting for awhile and putting up with my half broken storm but the way I look at it Verizon has till June before anyone can get mad
    The announcement was "Spring 2010". It's currently Spring 2010. If an announced release date is, let's say, April 5th, would you expect it to be on sale when the store opens, or at 11:59pm? A good company underpromises and overdelivers. What we had was a nebulous "release season", which is most likely a tactic to squeeze a few more people into buying remaining Droids. This is not a customer-centric thing to do.

But alas, you're missing the central point anyway. VZW's stalling before the release has given me pause--forced me to examine my unchecked assumption that I needed to have Verizon. Well, I've looked elsewhere and it appears their are other companies that want my business are making me better deals on better phones.

Your the one missing the point Nihilion. Verizon said Spring 2010."Spring 2010" is a very big time span. It isn't a specific timespan. Is Spring 2010 over yet? No. Did Verizon break their promise? No. Problem resolved? Yes.
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It'd be nice if Google or Verizon came out with a more specific date. To me it feels like a lack of dedication to their customers. If they were really dedicated to us, wouldn't they care enough to let us know when it will be available? It almost seems as if they tell us "Spring" just to give themselves a nice big cushion of time so they can sit back and procrastinate on getting this phone released.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No one is missing any point.
    Guess what its SPRING!!!
    wait, spring isn't over tho?!?

So who cares, if you get tired of waiting you get tired of waiting. What does anyone care which carrier we are all with? Its the Nexus that makes us a part of this community.

One can just as easily make an argument that not saying anything is worse than missing an actual release date.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

I'm not trying to be disrespectful here, but has anyone noticed how the people who already have a Nexus One are so quick to judge our attitudes? How about you lock your N1's in a safe, and not take it out until Verizon's version comes out then tell us how you feel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Respectfully, and I feel your pain, but being unhappy that the phone isn't available now that it's spring is kind of like being upset that now that it's Spring, that there's still snow on the ground, all the trees aren't leafed out and flowers aren't in full bloom.

I do think that they gave a vague release time to cover their butts in the case of things not going exactly according to a perfect ideal. Would you want your cake half-baked?

I just think it's funny that the OP is willing to stop waiting for the N1 on VZW but in the next breath say he'll probably wait until June for the EVO on Sprint.

This is like a really bad breakup...

I'd like to introduce another angle to this debate that others have failed to mention. To me the frustration isn't about them not providing a firm release date or announcing spring and not releasing it on the first day of spring. The fundamental frustration I have is: "Why does it POSSIBLY take 4.5 ADDITIONAL months to release the CDMA version of a phone that otherwise has the EXACT same specs as the GSM version?" I am irritated because every day that passes the Nexus One is getting more and more out of date. We are one day closer to 4G networks, one day closer to Super AMOLED screens, etc. I wouldn't care about the 4 month delay if the CDMA Nexus One was going to have tangible hardware improvements, but I really doubt it will. So essentially we've had to wait four months just to change out the communication chips and antennas. Unacceptable. Unless the CDMA version somehow addresses all of the main quality issues that have been experienced with the GSM version and comes loaded with Froyo this whole debacle will continue to leave a bad taste in my mouth. But how could they do that? How could they release a new and improved Nexus One without pissing off all the T-Mob and At&t customers that JUST purchased the phone? This is what leads me to believe that this delay was all about product positioning. Verizon just wanted to sell as many droids as possible. They probably insisted on the droid getting Android 2.1 before the Nexus One released, and they probably didn't want the Nexus One to release before the Incredible since they'll be selling the Incredible (rather than google), presumably resulting in greater profit.

Quote Originally Posted by yadao View Post
    i'm not trying to be disrespectful here, but has anyone noticed how the people who already have a nexus one are so quick to judge our attitudes? How about you lock your n1's in a safe, and not take it out until verizon's version comes out then tell us how you feel.
    word up.

Quote Originally Posted by skyder View Post
    i'd like to introduce another angle to this debate that others have failed to mention. To me the frustration isn't about them not providing a firm release date or announcing spring and not releasing it on the first day of spring. The fundamental frustration i have is: "why does it possibly take 4.5 additional months to release the cdma version of a phone that otherwise has the exact same specs as the gsm version?" i am irritated because every day that passes the nexus one is getting more and more out of date. We are one day closer to 4g networks, one day closer to super amoled screens, etc. I wouldn't care about the 4 month delay if the cdma nexus one was going to have tangible hardware improvements, but i really doubt it will. So essentially we've had to wait four months just to change out the communication chips and antennas. Unacceptable. Unless the cdma version somehow addresses all of the main quality issues that have been experienced with the gsm version and comes loaded with froyo this whole debacle will continue to leave a bad taste in my mouth. But how could they do that? How could they release a new and improved nexus one without pissing off all the t-mob and at&t customers that just purchased the phone? This is what leads me to believe that this delay was all about product positioning. Verizon just wanted to sell as many droids as possible. They probably insisted on the droid getting android 2.1 before the nexus one released, and they probably didn't want the nexus one to release before the incredible since they'll be selling the incredible (rather than google), presumably resulting in greater profit.
    exactly.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links