I'm done waiting. You lost me, Verizon.

This is a discussion on I'm done waiting. You lost me, Verizon. within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by Yadao I'm not trying to be disrespectful here, but has anyone noticed how the people who already have a Nexus One are ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I'm done waiting. You lost me, Verizon.

Quote Originally Posted by Yadao View Post
    I'm not trying to be disrespectful here, but has anyone noticed how the people who already have a Nexus One are so quick to judge our attitudes? How about you lock your N1's in a safe, and not take it out until Verizon's version comes out then tell us how you feel.
    No disrespect did you know that 2 or the 4 big providers offer service with the N1? Its YOUR choice to not have the phone.
    What I DO notice is how grumpy you Verizon owners keep getting...
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Quote Originally Posted by dimmakherbs View Post
    I'm not trying to be disrespectful here, but has anyone noticed how the people who already have a Nexus One are so quick to judge our attitudes? How about you lock your N1's in a safe, and not take it out until Verizon's version comes out then tell us how you feel.
    No disrespect did you know that 2 or the 4 big providers offer service with the N1? Its YOUR choice to not have the phone.
    Actually, where I live, I have only one choice. Verizon is the only company that has decent coverage in my state. The presence of At&t, Sprint, T-mobile is almost non-existent. Verizon is the only company that has stores here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by dimmakherbs View Post
    In his defense, many of us live in areas where Verizon is the only reliable game in town--or maybe ATT, but can't afford an unsubbed phone. We have Verizon, we may have had Verizon for years and are apprehensive to change. This is traumatic for me. 7 years on Verizon and I just have no idea what it's like not to have signal. I get a decently reliable signal with my VZW on subways in DC. I recently drove across the US and i got sufficient signal to yap yap yap all the way through west texas. Being without signal... is almost haunting, nightmarish. Like when you're being chased, but you can't move your legs. Like you're surrounded by trolls and their all on their N1s humiliating you on the forums, laughing at you, and you can't even defend yourself because you have no interwebs. It's terrifying for us, so please have some sympathy.

You guys have way to high expectations from Verizon. Who the hell said they HAVE TO bring this phone in Spring. I know you guys are frustrated of waiting, but it is your fault for choosing this. You could've of picked up other phones but you chose to wait. What I'm trying to say is don't blame Verizon. Verizon never did crap to you guys.
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think I'm going to leave because the iphone hasn't come out................ see how retarded that statment sounds? Does it sound reasonable? No. Point clear.

The reason for the frustration is that we are all on Verizon...want to stay with verizon...and want the N1. Simple enough. I live in Chicago where AT&T service is HORRIBLE. Dropped calls, slow data, poor service in areas....why would I want to switch to AT&T. I could go to T-Mobile, but I travel a lot and cannot be without service. Verizon it is.

Not necessarily MAD at Verizon for the N1 not being out...more frustrated an over anxious at the fact that it has not yet come out and we COULD have it if we were on another network...
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Ummmm actually, everyone has their right to be perfectly frustrated.

June?!?!?!?

Thats halfway into the Nexus One's lifespan.......it's already becoming outdated and being bested by other phones. I doubt anyone would want to get this phone in June when the HTC EVO is released and the new iPhone is very nearby also. The Motorola Shadow is going to be out also and that phone is going to push graphics capabilities with it's new OMAP 3630.

Just saying, if the Nexus One is really due for June.....how many of you are actually willing to wait that long, the phone is gonna be replaced soon after.

Quote Originally Posted by pewpewbangbang View Post
    Ummmm actually, everyone has their right to be perfectly frustrated.

June?!?!?!?

Thats halfway into the Nexus One's lifespan.......it's already becoming outdated and being bested by other phones. I doubt anyone would want to get this phone in June when the HTC EVO is released and the new iPhone is very nearby also. The Motorola Shadow is going to be out also and that phone is going to push graphics capabilities with it's new OMAP 3630.

Just saying, if the Nexus One is really due for June.....how many of you are actually willing to wait that long, the phone is gonna be replaced soon after.
    Im certainly not. Im waiting until the end of April. If its not out by then, Im getting the Incredible or something else.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

I've posted about this before: I a firm believer that the vast majority of frustrations over the the cdma release date should not be directed at Verizon, but rather at Google. We all automatically assume that "Big Red" is to blame, but there is no basis for it.

This is a Google phone - period. They designed it, they are selling it and they are, more-or-less, supporting it. Verizon is simply a service provider.

Don't get me wrong. Verizon isn't a bowl of cherries to deal with. Out of all the carriers, they've always been the leader of monetizing every possible feature, add-on and finite service they offer. In fact, I'll still never understand why the Iphone partnership didn't begin with Verizon. Maybe too many cooks in the kitchen.

I digress. While there is plenty of reasons to point fingers at Verizon, we still need to remember that Google is leading this project. Whether it be a conflict over revenue sharing between Verizon and Google, a hardware issue or pending litigation with Apple. These frustrations and questions should be addressed by Google, because for all intensive purpose - this is their product.

True...but Verizon (im sure) has a say in what phones they offer and the quality of those phones as well. According to some posts on here from Verizon sources (rumors, I know) the main hold-up is the testing process that Verizon is putting the N1 through. I feel that Google and Verizon are at fault here.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links