I'm done waiting. You lost me, Verizon.

This is a discussion on I'm done waiting. You lost me, Verizon. within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I totally agree! However it is not Verizon's responsibility to keep the peace with customers about how the phones progress or how it's technically fairing ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I'm done waiting. You lost me, Verizon.

I totally agree! However it is not Verizon's responsibility to keep the peace with customers about how the phones progress or how it's technically fairing on their back-end.

Google is the face of the Nexus One and should be the one delivering that information to customers.

Quote Originally Posted by ObNexus1 View Post
    I totally agree! However it is not Verizon's responsibility to keep the peace with customers about how the phones progress or how it's technically fairing on their back-end.

Google is the face of the Nexus One and should be the one delivering that information to customers.
    True...but how often has Google ever done that. Their releases and updates are a matter of word of mouth or a blog post. Most things are not officially announced with Google.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Good point! However Google has never done consumer electronics before. This is a highly progressive model. Particularly in mobile communications which has always been a monster in terms of new product releases. Consumers take this stuff really seriously, and can quickly become non-customers if they feel like they're being taken advantage of or if they think their intelligence is being insulted.

Good point! However Google has never done consumer electronics before. This is a highly progressive model. Particularly in mobile communications which has always been a monster in terms of new product releases. Consumers take this stuff really seriously, and can quickly become non-customers if they feel like they're being taken advantage of or if they think their intelligence is being insulted.
    True...and trust me, I am with you on wanting some sort of information officially from Google and/or Verizon. Im tired of waiting and not knowing anything.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Quote Originally Posted by skdyer View Post
    I'd like to introduce another angle to this debate that others have failed to mention. To me the frustration isn't about them not providing a firm release date or announcing spring and not releasing it on the first day of spring. The fundamental frustration I have is: "Why does it POSSIBLY take 4.5 ADDITIONAL months to release the CDMA version of a phone that otherwise has the EXACT same specs as the GSM version?" I am irritated because every day that passes the Nexus One is getting more and more out of date. We are one day closer to 4G networks, one day closer to Super AMOLED screens, etc. I wouldn't care about the 4 month delay if the CDMA Nexus One was going to have tangible hardware improvements, but I really doubt it will. So essentially we've had to wait four months just to change out the communication chips and antennas. Unacceptable. Unless the CDMA version somehow addresses all of the main quality issues that have been experienced with the GSM version and comes loaded with Froyo this whole debacle will continue to leave a bad taste in my mouth. But how could they do that? How could they release a new and improved Nexus One without pissing off all the T-Mob and At&t customers that JUST purchased the phone? This is what leads me to believe that this delay was all about product positioning. Verizon just wanted to sell as many droids as possible. They probably insisted on the droid getting Android 2.1 before the Nexus One released, and they probably didn't want the Nexus One to release before the Incredible since they'll be selling the Incredible (rather than google), presumably resulting in greater profit.
    yeah, I agree about them wanting to sell their excess droids. when i was phone-shopping, the salesguys were badmouthing the n1 & pushing the droid hard. May be something to do with commissions, too. but i had to wonder - are they waiting to hit a magic number of droids sold to release the n1? maybe those guys just wanted their own n1, lol!

Nihilion, what happened?? did u really do it, switch to t-mob?

And that's something we can all agree on. I think people in general are having a difficult time living in a constant state of influx.
    All we want is to be kept in the loop, even if it's for something as simple as an update on a cool phone.

And that's something we can all agree on. I think people in general are having a difficult time living in a constant state of influx.
    All we want is to be kept in the loop, even if it's for something as simple as an update on a cool phone.
    Exactly
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links