Noise cancelling mic...

This is a discussion on Noise cancelling mic... within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Does anyone know if the HTC phones such as the Incredible will also have the noise cancelling mic, feature that the N1 has?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noise cancelling mic...

Noise cancelling mic...

Does anyone know if the HTC phones such as the Incredible will also have the noise cancelling mic, feature that the N1 has?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by jumbotron View Post
    Does anyone know if the HTC phones such as the Incredible will also have the noise cancelling mic, feature that the N1 has?
    The Incredible will not have the dual mic noise cancelling solution. It's one of the major technical differences betwixt the N1 and the Incredible. A non-technical difference is that the Incredible is ugly.

So noise cancelling mic for FM tuner and better camera? I'll take the N1 still. What do you mean uglier?

Quote Originally Posted by jumbotron View Post
    So noise cancelling mic for FM tuner and better camera? I'll take the N1 still. What do you mean uglier?
    Personally, I do not think the Incredible is a good looking phone. Its not sleek, its boxy, and has random juts out. Plus the supposed color combination is not appealing.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

I really care less about looks. I'm more about functionality.

True...but when there is a phone that looks like the N1, its hard to compare.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Junior Member FreyGrimrod_nexusone's Avatar
    That FM Tuner isn't as nice as I had hoped according to the leaked manual will require headphones to be plugged into it and the cord will function as the antenna... still...

Well the dual-mic barely does anything from what i've heard. There's a test on it between the Nexus One and HTC Desire and apparently, the Desire without the dual-mic does pretty much just as well as the Nexus One with the dual-mic.

The Incredible isn't all that ugly, the form factor is different, it's more boxy and squared but all blacked out with the tint of red looks real good. The back cover isn't even that ugly now, it looks pretty cool. The Incredible has a more industrious militaristic style going for it i guess.

Here's the key differences between the two devices:

HTC Incredible
    - 8gb internal memory (can add microsd for more ex. 8gb + 8gb microsd = 16gb)
    - 8mp camera (It's really good, look at HTC Evo sample shots)
    - About 60mb more RAM
    - Sense UI (debatable but majority of ppl like it and prefer it)
    - No multi-touch bug (this is debatable, don't know the cause of it in N1)
    - No dual-mic

That's pretty much it along with aesthetics. The Incredible looks like all the other HTC phones being released; Legend, Desire, Evo, etc...so if you like the looks of those phones, you will see the similarity and pretty much like this one. The only difference is the back cover which looks pretty decent and cool now that it's all black.

I personally think the Nexus One is better looking and has a better form factor, though the Incredible isn't ugly by all means.

I think the dual mic does work...and work well. I was in my car driving on the highway this weekend. I called my girlfriend from handsfree while the N1 was docked and she could hear me crystal clear. However, when I called her from my BB, she said I sounded muffled and could hear the road.

I dont know if its a case of bad mic on the BB or what, but from what I can tell, it does work.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

I guess it depends, i was comparing it to the HTC Desire which is a great device itself. There was a review where they showed to call quality on both the Desire and Nexus One and they sounded kind of the same to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links