Incredible or N1.

This is a discussion on Incredible or N1. within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Which ever gets here first I am getting. I am done waiting, done playing the "what if" games, sick of it. My NE2 is May ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Incredible or N1.

Incredible or N1.

Which ever gets here first I am getting. I am done waiting, done playing the "what if" games, sick of it. My NE2 is May 15th. The 2 weeks or so before, which ever phone is out, I am going to get.

If both are out, still probably going to get the Incredible. I like the idea of a better camera, and I assume you could over clock the cpu.

Thoughts?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

There is no solid specs for the Incredible out yet, heck, Verizon hasnt even announced it yet. I would be surprised if they underclock it, honestly.

In the name of "official announcements" VZW never really announced the N1 correct?

I thought it wasn't confirmed that they will underclock its processor. I actually want the processor underclocked so I get more battery life. Incredible is pretty ugly to me, a big bulge in the back...
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    I thought it wasn't confirmed that they will underclock its processor. I actually want the processor underclocked so I get more battery life. Incredible is pretty ugly to me, a big bulge in the back...

i doubt they will underclock it.

I'd rather have the N1 but am a bit curious on the specs of the Incredible.

Is there any solid confirmation that the N1 is actually going to be released through Verizon? I guess I'm a bit impatient, I've had my old palm treo for 2 years and am growing tired of it.

I guess if anything, there's always the Evo from Sprint in a couple months if Verizon doesn't get off their hands soon.

The phone isn't underclocked.

A tester noted that at full load, the CPU ran at 998mhz and at idle like 245mhz.

There isn't a huge bulge and it's not noticeable from what people who have held it said. The HTC Incredible is just as thin as the Nexus One and weighs the same.

It has an 8MP camera (you can see how good it is by looking at the EVO shots), Sense UI (opinion), 512mb of RAM (rumored 1gb but highly doubt it), 8gb of movinand (flash storage basically like the iPhones) and of course you can still add a Microsd card for even more storage.

Specs-wise, it will be better, the form factor will still not be as nice as the Nexus One, but it's not bad at all and it's all opinions. The phone looks really good IMHO, all black with a tint of red? thing looks pretty damn nice. From the front, it basically looks like any of the other HTC devices, HTC Legend, HTC Desire, HTC EVO. They all look similar.

Just think of it this way, the HTC Incredible improves upon almost everything they found wrong in the HTC Desire, the touch buttons placement, camera, etc....

And plus, hopefully when you root it......theres no bootloader that tells the phone has been unlocked like the Nexus One so if you ever need to return it or send it back. Just put it back to stock and they wouldn't know. Hopefully

Plus, with the VZW Nexus One looking to come in June, i doubt anyone would wait for it, it will be halfway through it's lifetime by then also.

I am sort of leaning towards the Incredible. I know the FM receiver isn't a huge selling point. But when i go for a morning jog it would be nice to listen morning talk radio. The only turn off for me with the incredible is the Sense UI.

But it really comes down to the price. I am sure they will both be similar in cost wise but if not I will go for the cheaper of the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomstk View Post
    I am sort of leaning towards the Incredible. I know the FM receiver isn't a huge selling point. But when i go for a morning jog it would be nice to listen morning talk radio. The only turn off for me with the incredible is the Sense UI.

But it really comes down to the price. I am sure they will both be similar in cost wise but if not I will go for the cheaper of the two.
    You can see the Incredible to cost around $200 after MIR, just like almost any other phone when released.

You can root the Incredible and just get rid of Sense UI if you don't like it, but Sense UI on android 2.1 is very nice i have to say.

Also, if the Nexus One is now slated for June, this is a no brainer, the Incredible all the way.

If the N1 is really June and the Incredible within the next 2 weeks...Im getting the Incredible (pains me to say that)
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links