Verizon: The Simultaneous Data/Voice Problem

This is a discussion on Verizon: The Simultaneous Data/Voice Problem within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; The Verizon vs. At&t ad wars frequently highlight how At&t can accommodate data and voice activity simultaneously (ie: surfing the web while on a phone ...

Thread: Verizon: The Simultaneous Data/Voice Problem

Verizon: The Simultaneous Data/Voice Problem

The Verizon vs. At&t ad wars frequently highlight how At&t can accommodate data and voice activity simultaneously (ie: surfing the web while on a phone call) because of GSM while Verizon and its CDMA network cannot accommodate both of these activities at the same time. Though I RARELY surf and talk at the same time I do often use my iPhone to stream music and I would absolutely HATE it if that caused incoming calls to go straight to voicemail. Here's my question, and perhaps a Verizon Droid owner would be best positioned to answer this: "If you are on your Droid and streaming music from Pandora or actively loading a webpage in your browser and you receive an incoming call does it just interrupt your data activity or does this call go straight to voicemail? I am hoping the result is that the call interrupts the data connection. This concerns me because I remember when I had the original iPhone, pre 3G, At&t could not handle both data and voice simultaneously and calls would actually go straight to voicemail if you were streaming data. Not a desirable behavior. I just want to make sure that isn't what will happen with the Nexus One on Verizon.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Calls have priority over data, so to awnser your question it just pauses when a call comes in. In the moring I'm usally downloading app updates and a phone call comes in and its paused. I'm on a moto droid btw.

I have a BB and use Pandora to stream music and use the web browser often. An incoming call will interrupt any data connection you have going at the time. The calls will not go to voicemail, they will actually come through. No worries there. I think if using data caused calls to go to voicemail, Verizon would not be as big of a player as they are today.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Quote Originally Posted by joker402 View Post
    Calls have priority over data, so to awnser your question it just pauses when a call comes in. In the moring I'm usally downloading app updates and a phone call comes in and its paused. I'm on a moto droid btw.
    Beat me to it
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Fantastic. Thanks for validating that that conflict is handled appropriately.

An
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeisber View Post
    Beat me to it
    And I'm posting from ma droid.......haha man I've been wanting that car in your sig since I was 15, the first gen has sexy curves and the 2 gen is just sharp and has that asain bmw killer looks

Op you'll be ight and if android isn't your cup of tea cdma iphone is near.....and the network will work for real this time ha

An
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeisber View Post
    Beat me to it
    And I'm posting from ma droid.......haha man I've been wanting that car in your sig since I was 15, the first gen has sexy curves and the 2 gen is just sharp and has that asain bmw killer looks
    Bit off topic, but yes...I want that car. The 2011 Infiniti M is a sexy beast. My dad gets it this weekend (company car). Heading back home for his birthday so I plan on giving it a drive.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

You lucky fck!!!

You lucky fck!!!
    I know, im stoked.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links