I don't trust any of these "news" articles

This is a discussion on I don't trust any of these "news" articles within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; If you are like me then you have been waiting patiently for Verizon and Google to release the Nexus One CDMA version. Everyday I try ...

Thread: I don't trust any of these "news" articles

I don't trust any of these "news" articles

If you are like me then you have been waiting patiently for Verizon and Google to release the Nexus One CDMA version.

Everyday I try to find new shreads of news on it, thinking maybe today is the day. I am usually disappointed, and even disheartened when I read about the supposed delays caused by the Apple lawsuit.

Bottom line, I don't trust these blogs and blogs quoting other blogs. I think that if the Nexus One was delayed due to the lawsuit, then all of the Andriod 2.1 phones would be facing a lot of the same problem, a Apple is supposed to be suing over patent infringement on "their" multitouch technology.

Why can Verizon launch the update for the Droids to get 2.1 and Google continue to sell Nexus Ones for other carriers? I find it hard to believe that Apple would just specifically target the CDMA N1.

It just doesn't add up. I hope to have my N1 for Verizon ordered by the end of this week, if not, then this month.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The lawsuit has nothing to do with the delay in the VZW N1. I cannot. The case is still in the early stages and there has not even been an official hearing. If anything ever comes of the suit (blocking import of HTC phones) it will be months if not years away. This thing has to go to formal trial and through other litigation before anything can happen. The hold up is likely caused by the issues with the N1 and VZW wanting them resolved first.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

CDMA Version?

Do we even know if there is a CDMA version ready? Or is Google furiously working on an update (2.2?) to fix the -capactive button and limitation of apps installing to on-board memory only and phone not using all 512mb of RAM issues- that have already been solved by community devs/modders?

Is there a 'hold-up' at all? We base this assumption on all of these flashing news reports and arbitrary blog updates that have all been disproven. Perhaps Verizon/Google never intended for the phone to come out before the end of April in the first place. It seems we've all been duped and are now using false assumptions as a base for our new false assumptions...

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links