Why are you choosing the Nexus One over the Incredible?

This is a discussion on Why are you choosing the Nexus One over the Incredible? within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by king244 why would i get an n1 over the incredible...i'll tell you.....incredible does not support gmail...im not sure about sync or google ...

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Why are you choosing the Nexus One over the Incredible?

Quote Originally Posted by king244 View Post
    why would i get an n1 over the incredible...i'll tell you.....incredible does not support gmail...im not sure about sync or google voice but if not gmail then probably all 3
    haha, that's funny. you're kidding, right?

what part of "it's an Android phone" don't you understand?

Android without Gmail is like iPhone OS4 without civil liberties violations...

hmm... Why am I choosing the Nexus One over the Incredible? I'm not. You wanna know why?

Because Google DROPPED THE BALL.

Quote Originally Posted by rabaker07 View Post
    hmm... Why am I choosing the Nexus One over the Incredible? I'm not. You wanna know why?

You mean Verizon...

I have not used the Incredible but I'm sure it has improvements over the Nexus One, it was released later. This is a natural process, as time passes phones become more advanced and problems are solved. I love my Nexus one and have no regrets about purchasing it. I'm sure after the Incredible has been out for awhile problems will arise and then HTC will improve upon them as well. If I had a choice between both phones right now I would still take the Nexus One because of Google's direct involvement, not taking away anything from HTC. HTC is the best phone maker in the world in my opinion and choosing either one of these phones is an excellent decision.

comforting words, nexus1inAZ. Thanks.

Just purchased the Incredible and for me I like it better than the N1. I don't see why people are bashing the look of the Incredible but oh well, I like it. Will be selling my N1 so hit me up if you want to buy it lol...

Quote Originally Posted by kentoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pewpewbangbang View Post
    Im on both forums..........im not even getting android anymore. Im getting the iPhone 3GS since i can get it subsidized and i get discount on AT&T monthly. Was going incredible with VZW till i found out i would pay a lot more.
    Hah, interesting how you're going with the competitor lol. Thats good at least, with your discount and all

Quote Originally Posted by Mike2587 View Post
    we were interested in the N1 at first, and are still interested to see when it comes out, even if we are leaning towards the incredible. this could be an informative thread comparing two similar phones on the same carrier. completely makes sense. it seems like it's blasphemy to mention another phone on this forum. we're allowed to compare phones, aren't we?
    It's reasonable to compare to the two, yes. But creating other topics and such ABOUT the incredible solely (not this one in particular) is just blasphemy on a "Nexus One - Verizon Discussion" section of the forum... I'm not hating the phone at all, I'm just hating the fact of coming to a site dedicated towards the nexus one and then seeing a bunch of incredible information...
    There is no such thing as "blasphemy" when you are talking about cell phones. Blasphemy only applies to things that actually matter.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post

You mean Verizon...
    I'm pretty sure he meant Google. It seems that people assume that the problem lies with Verizon and not Google with regards to the N1 not being released. I have read nothing to support that, maybe you have a link? The fact that there is still no CDMA version of the N1 out there, seems to point to an issue with Google not Verizon. I don't see how anything Verizon would do would impact the release of a Sprint network compatible version.

In addition to the reasons that have probably been beaten to death on this forum, it seems pretty clear that the N1 has a much longer battery life. I haven't had the pleasure of using an N1 myself, but I am pretty sure it's true. Also, there is some weird signal strength issues on the DInc. Mine almost always shows 1 or 2 bars. The jury is still out as to whether it really is having signal issues or it's a problem with the software not calibrating the bars correctly. If it is some sort of hardware issue, that would be a pretty big knock on the DInc. That being said, I've had no issues with the network, downloads seem fast.

It's cool to see all the iPhone owners ooh and ah over the bad ass screen, speedy response, multiple home screens, FLASH on websites, live wallpaper, weather widgets, etc.

My roomate just ordered an N1 for T-mobile. I'm looking forward to playing around with it and really comparing the two.

Quote Originally Posted by wuliwong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post

You mean Verizon...
    I'm pretty sure he meant Google. It seems that people assume that the problem lies with Verizon and not Google with regards to the N1 not being released. I have read nothing to support that, maybe you have a link? The fact that there is still no CDMA version of the N1 out there, seems to point to an issue with Google not Verizon. I don't see how anything Verizon would do would impact the release of a Sprint network compatible version.
    Actually I shift blame to HTC now (days have passed since that post)..as it's been reported here that HTC may have had issues with the CDMA N1 version, and it may NOT come to Sprint, as well...so Verizon/Sprint are off the hook, and it's surely not Google's 'fault'..they most certainly had every intention to see the N1 on VZN/Sprint....

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links