Why are you choosing the Nexus One over the Incredible?

This is a discussion on Why are you choosing the Nexus One over the Incredible? within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; whoa, hold the phone. What's with the Nexus One haters? Let's look at the facts. Nexus One pros: noise canceling mic longer lasting battery (this ...

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are you choosing the Nexus One over the Incredible?

whoa, hold the phone. What's with the Nexus One haters? Let's look at the facts.

Nexus One pros:

noise canceling mic
    longer lasting battery (this is very important)
    higher quality camera (megapixels is not an accurate way to judge a cam, and nexus one has been shown to beat the desire as well, in still and video)
    higher quality video recording format
    trackball (this is debatable, but isn't optical trackpad basically more touchscreen? what's the point??)
    thinner
    wider and taller phone (which could mean a wider screen which is better in these small formats)
    first to get new android updates
    no sense ui limitation
    break the "carrier mold" and help to change the industry in favor of the customer (that's you)

can I get a what-what?

Quote Originally Posted by rabaker07 View Post
    whoa, hold the phone. What's with the Nexus One haters? Let's look at the facts.

Nexus One pros:

noise canceling mic
    higher quality camera (megapixels is not an accurate way to judge a cam, and nexus one has been shown to beat the desire as well, in still and video)
    trackball (this is debatable, but isn't optical trackpad basically more touchscreen? what's the point??)
    thinner
    wider and taller phone (which could mean a wider screen which is better in these small formats)
    no sense ui limitation
    break the "carrier mold" and help to change the industry in favor of the customer (that's you)

can I get a what-what?
    lol uhhhh no..........

- Noise canceling mic has been tested by engadget and provides minimal increase in quality.

- Longer lasting battery??? uhhh the Incredible didn't even come out yet so we can't even test that.......yes i know FCC filing for the Incredible points to a smaller battery but that doesn't mean anything.

- Higher quality camera?? are you high?? lmao (jk) look at HTC Evo sample pictures.....the 8MP camera blows away the 5MP camera in every aspect. Also......HTC!!!! MAKES BOTH CAMERAS!!!! yea the Nexus One just happened to be a bit better than the Desire. Im pretty sure the 8MP will kill both of them though, even looking at the Evo pics you can tell.

- Trackball is debatable. No trackpad isn't just more touchscreen, it's more reliable and responsive. It's like going from the mouse that used the ball to move around to a gaming laser mouse. Trackballs tend to break and fail. I'll give the Nexus One though that fact that the trackball can light up and mod it to any color as pretty cool eye candy.

- The dimensions are actually literally the same and they are the same in thickness. The Form Factors are different if that's what your referring to. The Nexus One has a better form factor, more round and curvy so it will ultimately feel better in the hand and pocket. The Incredible only has that weird back design because of the 8MP camera (supposedly) which is supposed to be larger etc...the screen sizes are alos exactly the same and the resolution will be exactly the same.

- Yes Nexus One will get quicker updates but Android and Google announced that Froyo (the new OS) is going to crack down on android fragmentation and every handset etc...will get updates at the same time regardless of GUI overlays like Sense UI. Basically, say Nexus One got android 2.1, all the other phones would get it too in about the same time.

- Sense UI is a toss up anyway, a lot of people like it and it really became famous for making the Android experience so much better. I like it but with Android 2.1 and live wallpapers, the two are almost identical except Sense UI has some extra features like Friend Stream.

We aren't Nexus One haters, i would get it if it was an option for me on AT&T but the fact that it isn't subsidized and i can get an iPhone 3GS subsidized and do almost everything android can now on the iPhone 3GS jailbroken. Im gonna save money and go down that path.......i still like android a lot really and will probably switch sometime soon when something good comes out for AT&T subsidized.

Nexus One pros:

noise canceling mic
    thinner
    no sense ui limitation

can I get a what-what?
    You got your "what-what" right here.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I also wondered why people would rather have a optical trackpad rather than the trackball. The four lights are so awesome for the message differentiation with the trackball mod.

I read that that Incredible CPU may be underclocked to 768 Mhz, similar to acers newer android phone.

So you have droid eiris ; Droid ; HTC Incredible ; Nexus One... in order of increasing potency.

oh, and engadget are apple fanboys, so you'll never get a straight answer on a google product from them. they've been bashing the phone since before it came out. I'm actually listening to former iPhone owners who have switched to nexus one and have had nothing but rave reviews. and a lot of them paid the 529 unsubsidized on at&t !!
    I actually thought that was interesting. I know they're apple fanboys but I saw no reason for them to hate the nexus one, because they loved the droid so much. It confused me a bit.

let's set the record straight. here is the manual for the incredible. looks pretty official to me.

Android Forums - View Single Post - ***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

and the specs in a screenshot

and listed here:

Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon at 1 GHz.
    Memory: 576MB RAM/512MB ROM
    Screen: 3.7-inch AMOLED at 480x800.
    Radios: 1xRTT, EVDO Rev. A.
    Dimensions: 4.63x2.30x0.47 inches.
    Weight: 4.6 ounces with battery.
    Camera: 8MP with autofocus and flash.
    Battery: 1300 mAh (talk time rated at 313 minutes, 146 hours' standby)
    aGPS
    Digital compass
    Proximity Sensor
    Light sensor
    Bluetooth 2.1
    WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
    3.5mm headphone jack

HTC Incredible gets over-the-air Google updates.

Size comparison
    Sized Up: Nexus One vs HTC Incredible
    Basically the same.

clapclapclapclap

Anyways, you realize google hasn't released any software fixes/updates yet right?? Sites like gizmodo, engadget, etc..have been wondering where these software fixes might be. The only update they gave was on the multi-touch implementation. I understand Verizon is slow.....but if the manufacture releases the updates for the phone, what can verizon do about it? pretty much nothing......and btw i think it's Google that will be releasing the updates for all the phones when Froyo comes out (not sure though)

Either way, there's barely any reason to wait for the Nexus One when the Incredible is a better device.

Quote Originally Posted by pewpewbangbang View Post
    Either way, there's barely any reason to wait for the Nexus One when the Incredible is a better device.
    I don't think it's safe to say it's a potentially "better device" when it's not out yet :-/ At this point any phone decision (within the current android phone lineups) is a personal preference more than anything. For example the EVO may be all better according to the specs but with a huge screen, one might choose something smaller because of that personal preference.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links