Why are you choosing the Nexus One over the Incredible?

This is a discussion on Why are you choosing the Nexus One over the Incredible? within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; heh, I still don't see how you can say the incredible is a better device. they're basically identical. incred squeaks out a dash more RAM, ...

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are you choosing the Nexus One over the Incredible?

heh, I still don't see how you can say the incredible is a better device. they're basically identical. incred squeaks out a dash more RAM, has an optical trackpad, and an 8mp camera. And the sense UI that's 'take it or leave it' if you ask me. That's basically the diff, so yes, I guess you could say it's better, but they are very close to being the same phone.

I think you won't lose by getting either. incredible will also offer the in-store experience and the on-site service and support. this is also worth a lot. not to mention guaranteed subsidized pricing.

boy, sounds like I'm talking myself out of the nexus one...

Quote Originally Posted by pewpewbangbang View Post
    Im pro Incredible though if you ask me, especially with it coming out April 29th vs. the rumored June for the Nexus One. And we don't even know if the Nexus One will be family plan subsidized while we are certain the Incredible will be subsidized and all that since it's being sold by VZW.
    not that I don't believe you but is the 29th an official date?

April 29th is pretty much confirmed through leaks of information. Basically Best Buy leaks showing that the phone will be released on April 29th.

lol, you mentioned a lot of better factors there for it to be barely anything.

It has like 70mb more of RAM just like the HTC Desire. The 8MP camera helps a lot for P&S situations. Sense UI is a toss up but a majority of people like it, i'd say this forum is like the small 4% of ppl that don't like Sense UI. There's also 8gb of movinand or internal storage. That may be pretty big for a lot of people. You can get 16gb of memory just by adding an 8gb microsd card.

To kentoe:

Yea but the HTC Incredible is exactly the same in every dimension besides form factor and aesthetics as we've been saying this whole time. Otherwise, everything else is pretty much better than the Nexus One. When the HTC Desire was announced at MWC, everybody said it was a brother to the Nexus One but it was even better. Well, the HTC Incredible fixes everything wrong with the HTC Desire and is pretty much better in every way so it's safe to assume that the HTC Incredible is better than the Nexus One if it's better than the HTC Desire which was better than the Nexus One.

Everybody here mostly complains about the back, well if you don't like the back, how do u like the front?? The front looks really good to me IMHO. The back isn't even that bad anymore now that it is all black.

Doesn't looks all that bad to me. And people that have held it said it doesn't make the device feel awkward. They said the device feels overall great, but the Nexus One will still feel a bit nicer since its more rounded and curved.

Either way, if you really want the Nexus One that badly, go for it. But the question of the thread was why are some people choosing it over the HTC Incredible???

Honestly, there barely is any reason besides form factor and aesthetics, but the thread asks for other reasons besides those and there is pretty much none. Only the fact that the Nexus One will get quicker updates (for now)

Junior Member FreyGrimrod_nexusone's Avatar
    My main reasons for considering the Nexus One over the incredible.... Desk and Car Dock.... Accessible bootloader w/o any rigamaroll...

Quote Originally Posted by FreyGrimrod View Post
    My main reasons for considering the Nexus One over the incredible.... Desk and Car Dock.... Accessible bootloader w/o any rigamaroll...
    lol.......im pretty sure the Incredible will get those accessories when it comes out also hahaha.

And as for rooting.......i think it's worse to root the Nexus One. It shows on bootloader that you've rooted it/unlocked it. Im not 100% sure that it won't be the same for the HTC Incredible but as of now. It seems to only be the Nexus One that showed you've rooted it and once you root it, you can't go back. So any hopes of returns etc...due to a problem with the phone (which seems highly possible as of now) your pretty much done for.

True... but it's the principle of paying for hardware... and not being given root on it.... which means you don't own it in my book. And I mean... it took 4 months for the nexus car dock? You can't expect us to be that patient can you?.... Oh and uh Linus Torvald seems happy with his according to that one blog post...

*gets really off topic with cobbling together a CDMA N900/Neo or dropping Maemo onto an OQO2....*

Ah well I'll probably endup with an incredible or nothing at this rate :-P

Quote Originally Posted by pewpewbangbang View Post
    HTC Incredible fixes everything wrong with the HTC Desire
    Will you please expand on what was wrong with Desire that Incredible fixes? I'd still like more information on details like this.

I'm concerned about Nexus One:

Touchscreen sensitivity/tracking (possibly software related despite what was said by the google dev Hackborn)

OS freezing, and

Touchscreen becoming unresponsive

Unresponsive trackball

Capacitive button issues (fixed by the modders, is this fixed in Incredible?)

Failed text messages

Loudspeaker quality (for speakerphone and listening to music)

Phone mutes when calling people and can only be unmuted by turning mute on then off

more can be found here:

Nexus One Users Are Getting Fed Up With Issues | Android Phone Fans

Granted, these aren't exactly deal-breakers, heck, my phone does almost all of these types of thing from time to time so it's expected of these modern devices. Even my PC runs into an occcasional hiccup, but have these been fixed with the Incredible? Will we even know until it gets into circulation? Will all of these HTC Android phones be plagued by the same issues?

Well lets see.........not really fix issues, more of the cons with the Desire. The reviews on the Desire had a minor con of the placement of the buttons, home, search, etc...for the incredible they placed it right under the screen and above the trackpad where the reviewers said was the best spot since thats the spot where it is on the HTC Legend and they said they preferred that.

The camera wasn't so hot on the Desire or Nexus One. So they made it better, 8mp camera just like the EVO and it's very good.

It's confirmed that there is no multi-touch bug like the Nexus One.

And being HTC. I doubt they would make the same mistake more than once........if you were a company and was having all those issues with the Nexus One. Would you let it continue onto another handset?? i doubt it. Considering there aren't really any problems with the Desire that the Nexus One has........i doubt HTC would let those problems on the Nexus One go onto the HTC Incredible.

Your right now, we have to wait to see until it actually comes out. The HTC Incredible still improves on every feature of the Nexus One and HTC Desire pretty much.

The Desire didn't carry over any of the problems that the Nexus One so it's definitely not a problem with HTC phones having it.........it's only the Nexus One that has it. So i doubt it will carry over to the HTC Incredible.

- 8gb onboard memory
    - 8mp camera
    - button placement
    - no multi-touch bug

And as for that list of Nexus One issues. Yea those are pretty much all the problems people may be having with the phone. So if you root the thing, you won't be able to send it back for an exchange or anything.

And as for Frey:

What do you mean being given the hardware and not given root?? Im like 99% sure that you will be able to Root the HTC Incredible considering the fanbase that phone has. A lot of people on the androidforums are already talking about rooting the phone.

As for accessories.......just because Google took forever to come out with their accessory doesn't mean it will take that long for an HTC Incredible accessory to come out. HTC might not make the accessory but there will definitely be 3rd party accessories for it, some are already posted on a website. People were using that website and accessory to gauge when it would come out, it was no help though.

http://www.buywirelessnow.com/pcdpho...el/1035_912786

theres the link to one of the websites

Oh you can ignore that... it's just the ramblings of some one with idealized open source fantasy's and having a computer in his pocket rather than a phone.

Quote Originally Posted by FreyGrimrod View Post
    Oh you can ignore that... it's just the ramblings of some one with idealized open source fantasy's and having a computer in his pocket rather than a phone.
    lol okay.........don't worry, soon in the future those fantasies will come true.

Palm Pre just got hacked to run linux btw, even though it's limited. They only show Openoffice though.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links