Why are you choosing the Nexus One over the Incredible?

This is a discussion on Why are you choosing the Nexus One over the Incredible? within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by pewpewbangbang Originally Posted by FreyGrimrod Oh you can ignore that... it's just the ramblings of some one with idealized open source fantasy's ...

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are you choosing the Nexus One over the Incredible?

Quote Originally Posted by pewpewbangbang View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FreyGrimrod View Post
    Oh you can ignore that... it's just the ramblings of some one with idealized open source fantasy's and having a computer in his pocket rather than a phone.
    lol okay.........don't worry, soon in the future those fantasies will come true.

Palm Pre just got hacked to run linux btw, even though it's limited. They only show Openoffice though.
    What is up with the linux community and putting linux on everything? Yes great it might make sense for a few devices but what is the point of having it on your phone? The screen is tiny, the processor sucks, and it's probably slow as hell. I would sooner celebrate over putting linux on a toaster, except someone has probably beaten me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by rabaker07 View Post
    whoa, hold the phone. What's with the Nexus One haters? Let's look at the facts.

Nexus One pros:

noise canceling mic
    longer lasting battery (this is very important)
    higher quality camera (megapixels is not an accurate way to judge a cam, and nexus one has been shown to beat the desire as well, in still and video)
    higher quality video recording format
    trackball (this is debatable, but isn't optical trackpad basically more touchscreen? what's the point??)
    thinner
    wider and taller phone (which could mean a wider screen which is better in these small formats)
    first to get new android updates
    no sense ui limitation
    break the "carrier mold" and help to change the industry in favor of the customer (that's you)

can I get a what-what?
    WHAT WHAT!!

I'm so sick of idiots making utterly uninformed conclusions that, automatically, any 8mp camera is better than any 5mp camera because they once saw an 8mp shot that was better than a 5mp shot. If you took two pictures with the same camera, one at 8mp and one at 5mp, and then displayed it at a scale that would fit on your computer screen or printed on anything smaller than a poster you there would be NO DIFFERENCE. If some pixel here and there got rounded differently, it wouldn't be detectable by the human eye.

Far more obvious would be difference between different sensor technologies, focusing, post-processing, and optics. This is why my 7 year old Canon G2 takes better pics at 2-3 mp than any cell phone at far, far larger resolutions. All the larger file sizes do is take up more space on your storage media.

So if the phone on the N1, despite having fewer mp, is shown to have superior abilities to compensate for color temperature, low-lighting, better contrast, ISO granulation, superior optics, etc, I'd be VERY INTERESTED to know.

Re: Why are you choosing the Nexus One over the Incredible?

I think this thread is silly. I'm not savvy on the specific specs of the incredible, but I imagine it's marginally better than the nexus one. If that's what important to you, and you're willing go wait around, then buy the incredible. If you want your phone right now, you want to directly support Google and what they're doing for the industry, and you like knowing that you're device is likely going to be updated before everyone else's, then buy the nexus one. In the end, these are all basically the same hardware, running the same software, and do all the same things with the two, so it really just comes down to which camp you want to support, how patient you are, general looks, and how much you're willing to pay.

that's just my two pennies!

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jono20 View Post
    I think this thread is silly. I'm not savvy on the specific specs of the incredible, but I imagine it's marginally better than the nexus one. If that's what important to you, and you're willing go wait around, then buy the incredible. If you want your phone right now, you want to directly support Google and what they're doing for the industry, and you like knowing that you're device is likely going to be updated before everyone else's, then buy the nexus one. In the end, these are all basically the same hardware, running the same software, and do all the same things with the two, so it really just comes down to which camp you want to support, how patient you are, general looks, and how much you're willing to pay.

that's just my two pennies!

ummm.........this is a Verizon section buddy, the phone isn't out yet and is rumored to come out in June. Which would you choose now?

Quote Originally Posted by nihilion View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rabaker07 View Post
    whoa, hold the phone. What's with the Nexus One haters? Let's look at the facts.

Nexus One pros:

noise canceling mic
    longer lasting battery (this is very important)
    higher quality camera (megapixels is not an accurate way to judge a cam, and nexus one has been shown to beat the desire as well, in still and video)
    higher quality video recording format
    trackball (this is debatable, but isn't optical trackpad basically more touchscreen? what's the point??)
    thinner
    wider and taller phone (which could mean a wider screen which is better in these small formats)
    first to get new android updates
    no sense ui limitation
    break the "carrier mold" and help to change the industry in favor of the customer (that's you)

can I get a what-what?
    WHAT WHAT!!

I'm so sick of idiots making utterly uninformed conclusions that, automatically, any 8mp camera is better than any 5mp camera because they once saw an 8mp shot that was better than a 5mp shot. If you took two pictures with the same camera, one at 8mp and one at 5mp, and then displayed it at a scale that would fit on your computer screen or printed on anything smaller than a poster you there would be NO DIFFERENCE. If some pixel here and there got rounded differently, it wouldn't be detectable by the human eye.

Far more obvious would be difference between different sensor technologies, focusing, post-processing, and optics. This is why my 7 year old Canon G2 takes better pics at 2-3 mp than any cell phone at far, far larger resolutions. All the larger file sizes do is take up more space on your storage media.

So if the phone on the N1, despite having fewer mp, is shown to have superior abilities to compensate for color temperature, low-lighting, better contrast, ISO granulation, superior optics, etc, I'd be VERY INTERESTED to know.
    First, we all ready know all the camera features on the Nexus One since it's out.

Second, i know mp aren't everything, thats why i said look at HTC EVO sample shots its rocking the same 8mp camera as the Incredible and it's looking real good

Third, Sense UI is including a lot more camera features than stock android. Take a look at the videos demoing Sense UI and the camera on the HTC Desire or HTC Evo

We're not idiots making stupid conclusions, we've looked at both cameras and ultimately, the 8mp is better than the 5mp. They're also all by HTC.........

Re: Why are you choosing the Nexus One over the Incredible?

I think this thread is silly. I'm not savvy on the specific specs of the incredible, but I imagine it's marginally better than the nexus one. If that'
    ummm.........this is a Verizon section buddy, the phone isn't out yet and is rumored to come out in June. Which would you choose now?
    ha ha well that's what I get phone jumping in to random threads on tapatalk. I think I'd still get the nexus one though, I prefer the looks and the whole preferential update from Google is a night deal I think, especially after seeing what it took fir the Droid to get 2.1

Quote Originally Posted by jono20 View Post
    I think this thread is silly. I'm not savvy on the specific specs of the incredible, but I imagine it's marginally better than the nexus one. If that'
    ha ha well that's what I get phone jumping in to random threads on tapatalk. I think I'd still get the nexus one though, I prefer the looks and the whole preferential update from Google is a night deal I think, especially after seeing what it took fir the Droid to get 2.1

I know what you mean, that was one of my main arguments at first. But then i learned of other things.

HTC Incredible has "Google Over The Air Updates" not 100% sure what it is but im guessing it's direct updates from google and not verizon. Also google made a statement that when "Froyo" is released. They are going to crack down on android fragmentation and basically all handsets are going to get updates at the same time pretty much regardless of GUI overlays like Sense UI or motoblur.

All very true.

Well like I said above, it all comes down to the person. Price wise they are probably going to be close to the same, though I'd be willing to bet the Incredible will be 20 or 30 bucks more. For me, I like what Google has done with Android and the first Nexus phone, and I want to be part of encouraging them to continue, that was definitely a part of my buying decision.

The Nexus One is first generation hardware, and just like the iPhone did, it most definitely has its quirks. We can be pretty damn sure we will see a Nexus Two dropped in to our laps someone in the next year, and we can be even sure-er that it will probably improve on the faults the N1 is flaunting. In the mean time you're sacrificing a little usability for the sake of being there in "the beginning".

We are all here supporting Android, that's all that really matters, but I really do admire what Google is doing for the industry and how they are truly making an effort to change the way we buy our phones. I'll most certainly do what I can to help them along.

They may be changing the way we buy our phones. But it's a ridiculously stupid way.

Theres no guarantee the phone will be family plan subsidized for VZW considering the T-mobile one is only individual. That's a deal breaker for many of us that are part of families. AT&T isn't even subsidized and thats kind of a killer.

Yea it's all personal opinion in terms of aesthetics and all that.

The Nexus Two btw will be a business phone from rumors. It's going to have a keyboard and be aimed at the business market.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links