Why are you choosing the Nexus One over the Incredible?

This is a discussion on Why are you choosing the Nexus One over the Incredible? within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; A few more tidbits to stick in your pocket: Here's a good one on the display: (probably applies equally to Incredible) Smartphone screen showdown: HTC ...

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are you choosing the Nexus One over the Incredible?

A few more tidbits to stick in your pocket:

Here's a good one on the display: (probably applies equally to Incredible)

Smartphone screen showdown: HTC HD2 vs Nexus One vs iPhone 3GS vs Nokia N900

And a nice in-depth review of Nexus One: (again, much applies to Incredible)

HTC Google Nexus One Review - Google takes two steps further ? Nexus One much better than G1 and G2 - Softpedia

Some goodies about the camera on the Nexus One:

Google Nexus one picture quality close to P&S with equal resolution?: Open Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

Hey pewpewbangbang, will you link those EVO photo shots? And please link where it's being said that Incredible uses the same camera? (I'd assume that they use the same 8mp cam in both units, but it'd be nice to see it in writing)

We could also use a comparison of trackball vs. trackpad.

Anyone know of any other features Nexus One has that Incredible doesn't?

Quote Originally Posted by pewpewbangbang View Post
    They may be changing the way we buy our phones. But it's a ridiculously stupid way.
    Nonesense! I hope every cell phone manufacturer offers a way to get their hardware without a contractual commitment to any given service. The days of being locked to either manufacturer or service, or both! (eg. iPhone/ATT) are quickly waning thanks to Android and Google. Being locked to both is ridiculously stupid, imho.

Quote Originally Posted by rabaker07 View Post
    A few more tidbits to stick in your pocket:

Here's a good one on the display: (probably applies equally to Incredible)

Smartphone screen showdown: HTC HD2 vs Nexus One vs iPhone 3GS vs Nokia N900

And a nice in-depth review of Nexus One: (again, much applies to Incredible)

HTC Google Nexus One Review - Google takes two steps further ? Nexus One much better than G1 and G2 - Softpedia

Some goodies about the camera on the Nexus One:

Google Nexus one picture quality close to P&S with equal resolution?: Open Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

Hey pewpewbangbang, will you link those EVO photo shots? And please link where it's being said that Incredible uses the same camera? (I'd assume that they use the same 8mp cam in both units, but it'd be nice to see it in writing)

We could also use a comparison of trackball vs. trackpad.

Anyone know of any other features Nexus One has that Incredible doesn't?
    HTC EVO 4G (Supersonic) camera and camcorder demo

Read that/watch the video.

It's HTC, they are using the same 8mp camera...........the HTC Desire and Nexus One have the same camera also, they believe it may have been a fluctuation in manufacturing that gave the Nexus One the better camera. HTC is putting all the same cameras in their handsets...........just like they've been doing. HTC Legend, Desire, Nexus One, all have the same 5mp camera. Sense UI just gives a lot more camera options and features than the stock android on the Nexus One.

As for trackball vs trackpad. That's personal preference but i don't see why you wouldn't take the trackpad. Trackballs are known to get gunk and crap in them and eventually stop working since it's still using moving parts. A trackpad doesn't have moving parts and won't degrade from things like dust and stuff. Trackpad is also more sensitive and the sensitivity can be customized to your liking. Either way, i don't see anyone using them, not if your using a touchscreen phone. Honestly, tell me that you use the trackball/trackpad over swiping with your finger or tapping the screen.......Only thing i like about the Nexus One trackball is that it lights up any color you want if you mod it.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    They may be changing the way we buy our phones. But it's a ridiculously stupid way.
    Nonesense! I hope every cell phone manufacturer offers a way to get their hardware without a contractual commitment to any given service. The days of being locked to either manufacturer or service, or both! (eg. iPhone/ATT) are quickly waning thanks to Android and Google. Being locked to both is ridiculously stupid, imho.
    What do you mean? you can buy any phone off contract. The iPhone 3GS cost $600/700 off contract for the 16gb/32gb respectively. But they at least give the option of being subsidized on a family plan while the Nexus One is not. Nexus One isn't even subsidized on AT&T. When you go into a store, they tell you off-contract prices for each phone. Google is only changing the way we get phones by doing it online and not through the carrier which is also give or take a hassle. A lot of people prefer to go in-store to see the device, feel it, test it out, etc...you also sell a lot more devices that way.

Please excuse the ignorance of a newbie, when it comes to smart phones. But after going over the manual that has been posted for the incredible, I'd did not see any clear mention of "spoken turn by turn directions" with Google Navigation. Am I missing something? This is the main reason I've decided to get a 'smart' phone and Nexus looks to be the most intuitive and the only one with the spoken turn by turn.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    What do you mean? you can buy any phone off contract. The iPhone 3GS cost $600/700 off contract for the 16gb/32gb respectively. But they at least give the option of being subsidized on a family plan while the Nexus One is not. Nexus One isn't even subsidized on AT&T. When you go into a store, they tell you off-contract prices for each phone. Google is only changing the way we get phones by doing it online and not through the carrier which is also give or take a hassle. A lot of people prefer to go in-store to see the device, feel it, test it out, etc...you also sell a lot more devices that way.
    If you prefer locked and subsidised hardware, by all means, stick with the old way of doing it..the carriers love you. If you prefer buying hardware in a store (increasing the costs of the hardware via middlemen/expenses) by all means stick with that too. The fact those are changing does not make it 'ridiculously stupid'. You can rag on Google's chosen distribution model all you want, but I don't care, Google doesn't care, and I doubt their investors care...it works just fine for them, and happens to work just fine for me.

If you ask me, Google is doing 3 things: (err.... 4. I was on a roll... lol)

1. Providing a tier 1 phone that is available from ALL and ANY carrier the customer chooses. Unlike iPhone (strictly AT&T) or other high-end phones (EVO, HD2, etc.). The only other company that has done this is Blackberry, and somehow they fooled the carriers by giving them different names (and oftentimes, different features). Google has broken this long-standing limitation and offered the same exact phone to all carriers. The choice is yours.

2. Adopting an online-only sales model, which helps the e-tail industry as a whole. Why e-tail is better than brick-and-mortar is a much larger discussion that I won't get into.

3. Commoditizing the hardware for handheld computers (mobile phones). This ties the operating system to many phones so you have the choice of what level/price-point of hardware you'd like to use, much like we see with PCs these days. Eventually you might buy components and put your own phone together in a 'case' of your choice. Or you can continue to spend an arm-and-a-leg on a phone like with a Mac or a Dell computer like many do today. Personally, I have a rig that crushes Mac or Dell at half the price. This type of situation drives prices wayy down by encouraging competition and us consumers will benefit if the mobile phone industry moves in this direction.

And, 4. With Google Talk and other versions of VoIP, they are effectively removing the tele industry from the telecoms, leaving them with only one choice, to give up the tele part and focus on providing wireless internet access at a fee. This effectively turns our devices into handheld wireless computers that 'happen to have' an app that allows us to communicate by voice. The telephone is becoming obsolete.

I'm in favor of this paradigm shift and think the world will be better for it. The consumers AND the industry. It's a win-win, but this will require some growing pains, adjustment, and willingness to change.

(and the support of customers like us!! With our dollars! Let's hear it for Nexus One!!!1!)

Sorry mod, i misread and mis-answered your post.

Yes, google is offering the Nexus One unlocked and everything and i thank them for that. But it would have been a lot better if they offered the option of getting the phone subsidized on every carrier and family subsidized for that matter also.

I doubt google really cares about Nexus One sales anyway. That chart comparing the sales of the Nexus One to the DROID and iPhone is pretty crazy, the Nexus One barely sold any compared to those 2 phones.

And rabaker, like half those things don't have to do with the Nexus One lol.......it's just google in general.

I like Google Voice though, it's a sick application and im using it for free texting.

Sorry mod, i misread and mis-answered your post.

Yes, google is offering the Nexus One unlocked and everything and i thank them for that. But it would have been a lot better if they offered the option of getting the phone subsidized on every carrier and family subsidized for that matter also.

I doubt google really cares about Nexus One sales anyway. That chart comparing the sales of the Nexus One to the DROID and iPhone is pretty crazy, the Nexus One barely sold any compared to those 2 phones.

And rabaker, like half those things don't have to do with the Nexus One lol.......it's just google in general.

I like Google Voice though, it's a sick application and im using it for free texting.
    Actually, Nexus outsold iPhone in February by 14%....I sent the article to an Admin for the news section, but for some reason it was passed over. Search Google News for Nexus One ,14%..it should pop up. Whether the author(s) got it right, who knows! :rofl3:

edit: http://www.timesnewsline.com/news/Go...es-1269615721/

Im basing my facts on the Nexus One sales by the article and graph taht shows the Nexus One only sold like 135,000 units in 2 months while the First gen iphone and DROID sold like millions.

Alright, i'll just end everything with this.

The Nexus One is a great device, by no means is it bad.......it's just that the Incredible is better hardware-wise so i don't see much purpose waiting for the VZW Nexus One when it is slated for June (half-way into it's life). Regardless of Nexus One sales, Google is making a ton of money and will still be rich (knock on wood)

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links