Why are you choosing the Nexus One over the Incredible?

This is a discussion on Why are you choosing the Nexus One over the Incredible? within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; The linkback article is here: Google Nexus One Outsells iPhone and says 16%. I'm still researching who 'RCS' is.......

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are you choosing the Nexus One over the Incredible?

The linkback article is here: Google Nexus One Outsells iPhone
    and says 16%. I'm still researching who 'RCS' is....

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    The linkback article is here: Google Nexus One Outsells iPhone
    and says 16%. I'm still researching who 'RCS' is....
    hmmm i wouldn't deny it.

The Nexus One beat the iPhone in sales "February" of this year. Not in total sales or anything, just that one month. Certainly possible.

First off, we can't really compare Nexus One with iPhone. iPhone was rather groundbreaking when it arrived and the Apple-mania marketing team is terribly adept. And the fans are fanactics.

Nexus One is also following an entirely different sales model, online-only. This cannot be compared. I work for a major CE manufacturer, and although our online sales are on the rise, they are dwarfed by brick-and-mortar. And this is when these items can be played with in-store and then bought online. This is not the case for Nexus One.

And alphawave7, your article is based on sales figures for current months. I'd say the AT&T market is already saturated with iPhone owners, so I'm not surprised that new Nexus One owners are surpassing iPhone. They are also primarily composed of T-Mobile users who are very price-sensitive and don't have the option of the iPhone for comparable rates. AT&T isn't participating with subsidies on Nexus One, so this is also killing sales. Who would spend 3x for a Nexus One when they could have tried-and-true iPhone 3Gs for a fraction of the price? Especially if they haven't interacted with the Nexus One.

Once N1 hits Verizon, then we can have a more clear picture of how the Nexus One does. That is, of course, if Incredible doesn't take the market share...

It's all google's choice to not choose to sell it in-store with the same options.

I don't really see or expect the Nexus One to outsell the DROID or iPhone in total units with the way google is selling it anyway.

I have a feeling the Incredible is going to take the market share. It's going to be sold in-store and the amount of users following the Incredible is far greater than those following the VZW Nexus One and maybe the Nexus One in total.

Quote Originally Posted by rabaker07 View Post
    First off, we can't really compare Nexus One with iPhone. iPhone was rather groundbreaking when it arrived and the Apple-mania marketing team is terribly adept. And the fans are fanactics.

Nexus One is also following an entirely different sales model, online-only. This cannot be compared. I work for a major CE manufacturer, and although our online sales are on the rise, they are dwarfed by brick-and-mortar. And this is when these items can be played with in-store and then bought online. This is not the case for Nexus One.

And alphawave7, your article is based on sales figures for current months. I'd say the AT&T market is already saturated with iPhone owners, so I'm not surprised that new Nexus One owners are surpassing iPhone. They are also primarily composed of T-Mobile users who are very price-sensitive and don't have the option of the iPhone for comparable rates. AT&T isn't participating with subsidies on Nexus One, so this is also killing sales. Who would spend 3x for a Nexus One when they could have tried-and-true iPhone 3Gs for a fraction of the price? Especially if they haven't interacted with the Nexus One.

Once N1 hits Verizon, then we can have a more clear picture of how the Nexus One does. That is, of course, if Incredible doesn't take the market share...
    I agree ATT is saturated with iPhone users..that is helping drive sales of Nexus on TMO in my area...ATT's 3G is horrendous compared to TMO here in SF. Friends and I compare d/l and u/l speeds regularly, and it's rare I don't 'win'.

WRT the article, it was a refutation to the comment the Nexus One (IN SPITE of it's marketing criticisms) is not selling well, indeed 16% better than iPhone in February...that's rather difficult to simply dismiss. Killing sales with no instore experience/no subsidies dispenses with the fact Google deliberately chose this sales model to set a new trend...it's not N1 sales numbers they care about..it's about changing that customer/service/hardware model, introducing new dynamics to the cellular marketplace. Hand-wringing changes nothing...in fact, if you choose Incredible over Nexus..guess who still wins? Yep, Google and HTC (and your provider if you subsidise/contract).

okay gang, we need to revive this thread. Now more than ever, why are you getting the Nexus One over the Droid Incredible?

I read that the Incredible has an OLED screen and not an AMOLED. I think we need to verify this because that's a clear deal breaker for me. AMOLED or NOTHING.

Why else are you getting the Nexus One over the Droid Incredible, besides the silly name...

Quote Originally Posted by rabaker07 View Post
    okay gang, we need to revive this thread. Now more than ever, why are you getting the Nexus One over the Droid Incredible?

I read that the Incredible has an OLED screen and not an AMOLED. I think we need to verify this because that's a clear deal breaker for me. AMOLED or NOTHING.

Why else are you getting the Nexus One over the Droid Incredible, besides the silly name...
    Google

First of all, the incredible is NOT out and there is more speculation than people care to admit.
    It seems to me the REAL issue is release date, and there is alot of conversions for this reason. There is a large following of Incredible because it seems to be coming out first and its on Verizon, who has the most subscribers.
    Since this is a Verizon discussion the thread doesn't make sense. I could say all kinds of things, but its easy to convert to the incredible cause its 2 weeks away.
    The Incredible is REALLY $300, with a mail in rebate (6-8 weeks away?) coming in debit card form... N1 was $175 (for me, so moot point)
    Nexus desk and car dock
    sure you can say Incredible will have them, but you don't know, have they come through FCC yet? I don't see the desire have them?
    noise canceling mic, marginally better? maybe but it sure seems to work well for me
    trackball! i love trackball, plus the lighting portion. trackball is SUPER percise and yes I DO use it. Optical is ugly as well as less precise. I would rather they remove it all together then the optictrack.
    seems like N1 one gets a bigger stock battery

Again, means nothing cause why wait? I guess I probably wouldnt if I HAD to be with Verizon due to travel or location, otherwise I woulda just ditched Verizon a long time ago.

As far as selling devices through the manufacture, this is really a HUGE step for us consumers! Already with some phone plans you can save up to $20 a month on a non-subsidized phone. As this gets more competitive and phones being released this can get even better. When a manufacture makes a phone that has a tmo/att and spring/verizon compatability that is completely open you will be able to buy monthly service from your phone when you want to. And for those of us buying a new phone yearly this will even end up saving you money. When you sell your device a year later for $300 and buy a $600 phone but saved $240 a year in phone plan, its starts to work out for you with no contract and no lock in!
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Quote Originally Posted by dimmakherbs View Post
    First of all, the incredible is NOT out and there is more speculation than people care to admit.
    It seems to me the REAL issue is release date, and there is alot of conversions for this reason. There is a large following of Incredible because it seems to be coming out first and its on Verizon, who has the most subscribers.
    Since this is a Verizon discussion the thread doesn't make sense. I could say all kinds of things, but its easy to convert to the incredible cause its 2 weeks away.
    The Incredible is REALLY $300, with a mail in rebate (6-8 weeks away?) coming in debit card form... N1 was $175 (for me, so moot point)
    Nexus desk and car dock
    sure you can say Incredible will have them, but you don't know, have they come through FCC yet? I don't see the desire have them?
    noise canceling mic, marginally better? maybe but it sure seems to work well for me
    trackball! i love trackball, plus the lighting portion. trackball is SUPER percise and yes I DO use it. Optical is ugly as well as less precise. I would rather they remove it all together then the optictrack.
    seems like N1 one gets a bigger stock battery

Again, means nothing cause why wait? I guess I probably wouldnt if I HAD to be with Verizon due to travel or location, otherwise I woulda just ditched Verizon a long time ago.

As far as selling devices through the manufacture, this is really a HUGE step for us consumers! Already with some phone plans you can save up to $20 a month on a non-subsidized phone. As this gets more competitive and phones being released this can get even better. When a manufacture makes a phone that has a tmo/att and spring/verizon compatability that is completely open you will be able to buy monthly service from your phone when you want to. And for those of us buying a new phone yearly this will even end up saving you money. When you sell your device a year later for $300 and buy a $600 phone but saved $240 a year in phone plan, its starts to work out for you with no contract and no lock in!
    or you just order the incredible ONLINE through verizon, or get it at best buy, and immediately pay the subsidized price without having to wait for a debit card... so really, the incredible can EASILY be bought at $200. saying the optical pad is ugly is obviously your opinion. there's many people that prefer it over the trackball, and i think it looks good. there's already a car dock that's been shown and the desk dock is on it's way. there's SEVERAL accessories being made available for the phone... not to mention the confirmed 8gb INTERNAL built in memory on the phone. stick a 16gb card in and you're already up to 24gb. good deal. not to mention the ability of just calling VZ or walking into their store with an issue, instead of calling 23 people, getting the run around and having to send your phone in and wait god knows how long. no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ****z-sue View Post
    Please excuse the ignorance of a newbie, when it comes to smart phones. But after going over the manual that has been posted for the incredible, I'd did not see any clear mention of "spoken turn by turn directions" with Google Navigation. Am I missing something? This is the main reason I've decided to get a 'smart' phone and Nexus looks to be the most intuitive and the only one with the spoken turn by turn.
    I was wondering the same thing, but here you go....

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links