Will Verizon really release N1 out of no where?

This is a discussion on Will Verizon really release N1 out of no where? within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Just wondering, I've been googling on a daily basis for any news of the N1 being released, and I'm reading tomorrow is the new rumored ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Will Verizon really release N1 out of no where?

  1. #1
    Junior Member EvanVanVan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1

    Will Verizon really release N1 out of no where?

    Just wondering, I've been googling on a daily basis for any news of the N1 being released, and I'm reading tomorrow is the new rumored release date (or at least a date when Verizon will make a "big" announcement)...But since before the rumored March 23 release date I've been thinking, would Verizon really gonna just release the phone one "random" day? As much as I'd like to wake up and one day see that I can order the N1, I feel like Verizon would want to run about a months worth of N1 TV ads to drum up some hype and inform more people then just the ones checking google and this forum on a daily basis about its release date before the actually date...Any thoughts?

    Edit: So my question is really, the rumors from a week or two ago saying it sources at Verizon say it "will be" released in April, is that just an official announcement that it will be released and then they will run TV ads? or As i said earlier will I just wake up one day and be able to buy the phone?

  2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

  3. #2
    Junior Member Austinon24s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    19
    most likley bs but who knows well verizon does but idkive waited to long

  4. #3
    Android Jr Member Backnblack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1
    Thanked
    4 times
    Why wouldn't they? It's a Google experience phone.....

  5. #4
    Administrator WERA689's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Metro Atlanta
    Posts
    2,418
    Thanked
    55 times
    Remember, that's how the AT&T version launched...no heads up at all--it just appeared!

  6. #5
    Member rabaker07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    53
    Man, this is driving me crazy. What a rollercoaster ride. What with the crazy news updates and leaked info and insider info and release dates coming and going! Now I'm looking at the HTC Incredible thinking it might be better (or at least first). And then looking at the screensize and super features of the HD2/EVO and rumors that it will come to VZW in June/July. I'm also reading about all the bad things striking against the Nexus One and the issues and all the comments about this phone being old news by the time it comes to VZW.

    Aaaasaaarghhhhchahahaaaack!

    I'm gonna freak out and make an emotional and rash purchase! Please let the Nexus One be the first of these phones to hit Verizon and please let me open that badboy and replace the speaker. I might even learn to code so I can develop a nice volume boosting equalizer program to dull the treble and make that speaker sing!!!

    <--- this is me right now. A babbling loon.

  7. #6
    Android Addict alphawave7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    609
    Thanked
    62 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rabaker07 View Post
    Man, this is driving me crazy. What a rollercoaster ride. What with the crazy news updates and leaked info and insider info and release dates coming and going! Now I'm looking at the HTC Incredible thinking it might be better (or at least first). And then looking at the screensize and super features of the HD2/EVO and rumors that it will come to VZW in June/July. I'm also reading about all the bad things striking against the Nexus One and the issues and all the comments about this phone being old news by the time it comes to VZW.

    Aaaasaaarghhhhchahahaaaack!

    I'm gonna freak out and make an emotional and rash purchase! Please let the Nexus One be the first of these phones to hit Verizon and please let me open that badboy and replace the speaker. I might even learn to code so I can develop a nice volume boosting equalizer program to dull the treble and make that speaker sing!!!

    <--- this is me right now. A babbling loon.
    As long as it's Android, you can babble all you want!

  8. #7
    Member rabaker07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    53
    yes, yes, Android, Android, we all love Android. I need more Android. But this IS the Nexus One forums, after all. I want my Nexus One.... want.... Nexy..... please.... gimme my nexus.......... please......please.....nexus.....me.........precio us......I want.... please? Can I have it now? Google? Have? ..... for me?..... please?

    ?

    ?

    <----- me (it's getting worse)

  9. #8
    Android Addict alphawave7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    609
    Thanked
    62 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rabaker07 View Post
    yes, yes, Android, Android, we all love Android. I need more Android. But this IS the Nexus One forums, after all. I want my Nexus One.... want.... Nexy..... please.... gimme my nexus.......... please......please.....nexus.....me.........precio us......I want.... please? Can I have it now? Google? Have? ..... for me?..... please?

    ?

    ?

    <----- me (it's getting worse)
    LOL! Available NOW on TMO and ATT!

  10. #9
    Senior Member NexusWon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    133
    As long as Verizon keeps pumping money aggressively into Droid ads, I don't foresee them launching a competitive/better product with the Nexus One. Verizon has seen immense sales with the Droid and they want to ride that tiger until it dries up. (Especially since buying a Nexus One through Google they probably get less of a kick back on the sale and potentially service if they offer it unlocked).

    I wouldn't be surprised to see them 'launch' it like the AT&T version was. Quietly without any promotion.

    Verizon is lining up the Incredible and it's a comparable and in some aspects a technologically better phone than the Nexus One. I think this is a good thing. We need technology supporting Android that continue to move forward 10-fold as fast as Apple, that will move progress, not more this MyTouch Slide 480x320 screen baloney with sub-par processors.

    We're all brothers in Android. The advertising branding that Verizon/Droid has done to help with the platform become "legit" among everyday consumers is amazing.

    Having said that, if I would have waited for the Nexus to come to Verizon, I'd be furious, but I'm glad I jumped ship to T-Mobile for the time being (and hopefully they'll deliver on their HSDPA+ network they've been promising soon).
    :nexusx: A new hope. :nexusx:

  11. #10
    Member USofPlutarchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by NexusWon View Post
    As long as Verizon keeps pumping money aggressively into Droid ads, I don't foresee them launching a competitive/better product with the Nexus One. Verizon has seen immense sales with the Droid and they want to ride that tiger until it dries up. (Especially since buying a Nexus One through Google they probably get less of a kick back on the sale and potentially service if they offer it unlocked).

    I wouldn't be surprised to see them 'launch' it like the AT&T version was. Quietly without any promotion.

    Verizon is lining up the Incredible and it's a comparable and in some aspects a technologically better phone than the Nexus One. I think this is a good thing. We need technology supporting Android that continue to move forward 10-fold as fast as Apple, that will move progress, not more this MyTouch Slide 480x320 screen baloney with sub-par processors.

    We're all brothers in Android. The advertising branding that Verizon/Droid has done to help with the platform become "legit" among everyday consumers is amazing.

    Having said that, if I would have waited for the Nexus to come to Verizon, I'd be furious, but I'm glad I jumped ship to T-Mobile for the time being (and hopefully they'll deliver on their HSDPA+ network they've been promising soon).
    Verizon isn't launching it...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Adjust unlock time
    By G2 Forum User in forum HTC G2
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-24-2010, 02:05 AM
Android Forum