Does Google realize what Incredible could to do future sales?

This is a discussion on Does Google realize what Incredible could to do future sales? within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by Wolfwise Overall pretty happy with my purchase. We are all really a bunch of testers and at the cutting edge of a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does Google realize what Incredible could to do future sales?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfwise View Post
    Overall pretty happy with my purchase. We are all really a bunch of testers and at the cutting edge of a really cool new system. Kinda makes you feel good knowing we are helping them develop this cool software.
    Indeed. I have a feeling that the N1 wasn't developed for the general public. It was developed for early-adopter power users. The open sourced-ness (I can make up words if I want to) and contract free nature of the N1 was exactly why I bought it. I could have gone for another android based phone (like the Incredible), but then I wouldn't have total freedom over my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by beeng View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfwise View Post
    Overall pretty happy with my purchase. We are all really a bunch of testers and at the cutting edge of a really cool new system. Kinda makes you feel good knowing we are helping them develop this cool software.
    Indeed. I have a feeling that the N1 wasn't developed for the general public. It was developed for early-adopter power users. The open sourced-ness (I can make up words if I want to) and contract free nature of the N1 was exactly why I bought it. I could have gone for another android based phone (like the Incredible), but then I wouldn't have total freedom over my phone.
    Lol, implying that the Incredible isn't open sourced-ness.

Quote Originally Posted by menace View Post
    Lol, implying that the Incredible isn't open sourced-ness.
    .... Not exactly; the carrier will most likely lock things down to their own liking and/or load their own software on it that you can't remove.

I think you're forgetting the fact that VZW has stopped locking down their phones and adding their own software, esp. their smartphones. Especially the androids.

Droid is not locked down and does not have VZW bloatware.

Junior Member FreyGrimrod_nexusone's Avatar
    heh "open source-ness" android is like open source lite....

Quote Originally Posted by menace View Post
    I think you're forgetting the fact that VZW has stopped locking down their phones and adding their own software, esp. their smartphones. Especially the androids.

Droid is not locked down and does not have VZW bloatware.
    I'm looking at things from a Canadian perspective... where the big 3 refuse to unlock anything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links