Does Google realize what Incredible could to do future sales?

This is a discussion on Does Google realize what Incredible could to do future sales? within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Does Google realize that by delaying the Nexus One launch on Verizon any longer, they could be losing the entire market share? If the Incredible ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Google realize what Incredible could to do future sales?

Does Google realize what Incredible could to do future sales?

Does Google realize that by delaying the Nexus One launch on Verizon any longer, they could be losing the entire market share?

If the Incredible drops first, you can say goodbye to probably most of the people eagerly waiting for the Nexus One. I had high hopes that N1 sales would radically change once it hit Verizon, but I'm afraid that the Incredible is going to eat that entire market.

Why did you do this? Why is it 4 months after the original launch, and Verizon customers haven't heard zilch? Have you heard of product lifecycle? Have you heard of competition?

Drop it tomorrow. Trust me. I'll buy one ( ) Otherwise, me and a few hundred thousand others are going to end up with the Incredible simply because there's no other option in sight (many rumors are floating around a June release of N1). Besides, everyone keeps saying that the Incredible is BETTER!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

google wants you to buy the incredible, it runs android os. they would rather you buy the nexus one but still want you to buy an android device. i think they were just testing to see how this new strategy would work so they didn't advertise too much and put it on t-mobile. i guarantee they are more worried about learning from the few t-mobile customers and at&t customers would they should fix and change in the phone. sort of like a large test. if they had it on verizon at first and the phone was a fail they'd be screwed. i'd say the next nexus one or nexus 2 will be on verizon, with advertisements on t.v and near perfect compared to competing devices of that time. i'd say they were just testing the waters. sucks for us on verizon as i've been waiting for the "desire" to drop on verizon since november which later became the nexus one. i will probably end up with an incredible if that releases soon with no word still on the nexus one.

Quote Originally Posted by jsilvers525 View Post
    google wants you to buy the incredible, it runs android os. they would rather you buy the nexus one but still want you to buy an android device. i think they were just testing to see how this new strategy would work so they didn't advertise too much and put it on t-mobile. i guarantee they are more worried about learning from the few t-mobile customers and at&t customers would they should fix and change in the phone. sort of like a large test. if they had it on verizon at first and the phone was a fail they'd be screwed. i'd say the next nexus one or nexus 2 will be on verizon, with advertisements on t.v and near perfect compared to competing devices of that time. i'd say they were just testing the waters. sucks for us on verizon as i've been waiting for the "desire" to drop on verizon since november which later became the nexus one. i will probably end up with an incredible if that releases soon with no word still on the nexus one.
    hmmm... sure, they want you to buy an android phone, but they'd much rather you buy their phone. They paid for it and have to sell it! And anybody who thinks that they just like to throw away money and play games and do little tests to waste all kinds of money just to see if the monkey jumps, well, you have no idea what you're talking about. This is business, and you don't waste money. You get a return on your investment or you're really bad at business and you pack it in before you lose your shirt. That's not what's going on here. There's something we aren't being told, and may never find out...

Big test on Tmobile and AT&T? I doubt it. First off, Verizon people aren't more valuable than Tmo and AT&T people, lol. Second, testing is what R&D, UAT, and QA is for; it happens long before it reaches the public. They don't launch it until they think it's top notch. And they clearly didn't rush this one to market. We've been waiting for-e-v-e-r.

My point is that if Incredible drops on Verizon before the Nexus One, there will be no customers left to buy the N1. At least none like me, who've been sitting on an open account with an ended contract, waiting for one of these fancy phones that all the other carriers have.

Look at how Google makes money.
    They are a multi BILLION dollar company, its not about a couple phones. The reason they made Android is to get people on the internet for advertising, where they make BILLIONS of dollars.
    The more Android phones the better, bottom line. Google wont feel like they are really competing with Incredible. Hell, everyone can get an Incredible but guess what, its NOT the Nexus One regardless of any of its specs.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Quote Originally Posted by dimmakherbs View Post
    They are a multi BILLION dollar company, its not about a couple phones. The reason they made Android is to get people on the internet for advertising, where they make BILLIONS of dollars.
    The more Android phones the better, bottom line. Google wont feel like they are really competing with Incredible. Hell, everyone can get an Incredible but guess what, its NOT the Nexus One regardless of any of its specs.

What makes the Nexus One better in your eyes? (not judging by the fact at you are stuck with N1 and the fact that you haven't seen Incred?)

Quote Originally Posted by rabaker07 View Post

What makes the Nexus One better in your eyes? (not judging by the fact at you are stuck with N1 and the fact that you haven't seen Incred?)
    I said its NOT the Nexus One.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

I said its NOT the Nexus One.
    well of course it's not, lol.

Awesome discussion here! Do you guys think that the Droid Incredible is in fact Verizon's version of the Nexus one?

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicreality View Post
    Awesome discussion here! Do you guys think that the Droid Incredible is in fact Verizon's version of the Nexus one?
    No. I'd say it's more like their version of the iPhone 3GS... sorta. It's hard to call it a souped-up Moto Droid, but that is kinda what the name implies, and it will be their new flagship device.

Yes, those of us who are holding our breath waiting for it know that it's a hell of a lot like the N1, but this is their baby and the N1 is not. They will release the N1 this summer, but it's not their focus.

Nexus One

I think we are forgetting one very important aspect of the Nexus one. It does not have all the carrier crap on it and its not locked down or disabled in any way. I dont mind using a phone company, but I dont like to have to keep stuff on my phone that I dont use or need. I also like to be contract free. Loved my ATT Bold but hated all the junk programs that you had to hide and forget where still there taking up space. Like the idea of paying for something and having the ablity to do what I want with it without restriction. That steered me away from the other phones even though they had a few extra features. I still believe Google will take better care of making sure Nexus gets a bigger slice of thier attention as well.

Overall pretty happy with my purchase. We are all really a bunch of testers and at the cutting edge of a really cool new system. Kinda makes you feel good knowing we are helping them develop this cool software.

For whatever its worth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links