What should I do???

This is a discussion on What should I do??? within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Ever since I heard about the Nexus One in January, I have wanted to have it on Verizon's network. I have bought a case, screen ...

Thread: What should I do???

Unhappy What should I do???

Ever since I heard about the Nexus One in January, I have wanted to have it on Verizon's network. I have bought a case, screen protector, dock (not the Google one), and car charger, but...because my LG Dare was failing me and I needed to get a phone ASAP, I went and bought the Droid Eris yesterday...

Was that a bad choice on my part? I like it a lot, but deep inside I still want the Nexus One...I know that I have 30 days to take the phone back (and pay a $35 restocking fee).

Do you think that the N1 will come out by then?

Or should I look to the Incredible so I can actually go to a Verizon store if anything were to happen to my phone?

What do you guys think? I'm at odds with myself >.<

~Miranda

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You should ABSOLUTELY return the Eris. That thing was out of date yesterday. I would be really really surprised if the N1 wasn't available sometime within the next 30 days and we KNOW that the Incredible will be available on April 29th. Both of those with 100% certainty will be a better purchase than the Eris. I think your choice between the Nexus One and the Incredible will hinge on two things: #1: Do you prefer the stock Android interface (Nexus One) or the Sense UI (Incredible)? #2: Are you the type of person who wants a more hands-on and probably easier customer support experience (Incredible, since it will be sold by Verizon at stores)

Quote Originally Posted by skdyer View Post
    You should ABSOLUTELY return the Eris. That thing was out of date yesterday. I would be really really surprised if the N1 wasn't available sometime within the next 30 days and we KNOW that the Incredible will be available on April 29th. Both of those with 100% certainty will be a better purchase than the Eris. I think your choice between the Nexus One and the Incredible will hinge on two things: #1: Do you prefer the stock Android interface (Nexus One) or the Sense UI (Incredible)? #2: Are you the type of person who wants a more hands-on and probably easier customer support experience (Incredible, since it will be sold by Verizon at stores)
    Very good points! Thank you for that =]

When I return my Eris, I will get my money back right? (That may be a dumb question) >.<

Well you didn't have much of a choice since your phone died, so you didn't make a bad decision. Did you have to get a new contract with the Eris? If not, how much time do you have left on your current contract? No one knows when the Nexus will be released for Verizon. Personally, I'm 8 months into a two-year contract with US Cellular, so I have a functioning phone and time to wait for the Nexus. I know that US Cellular will not allow/activate the Nexus on their network, so i'm prepared to pay the big fee and switch, but only if I can get a comparable plan.

Like others have said on this forum, there will be a lot of new and interesting phones coming out this year, so even if you were to go with the Incredible (whenever that comes out) there may be something else around the corner that catches your eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallstar View Post
    Well you didn't have much of a choice since your phone died, so you didn't make a bad decision. Did you have to get a new contract with the Eris? If not, how much time do you have left on your current contract? No one knows when the Nexus will be released for Verizon. Personally, I'm 8 months into a two-year contract with US Cellular, so I have a functioning phone and time to wait for the Nexus. I know that US Cellular will not allow/activate the Nexus on their network, so i'm prepared to pay the big fee and switch, but only if I can get a comparable plan.

Like others have said on this forum, there will be a lot of new and interesting phones coming out this year, so even if you were to go with the Incredible (whenever that comes out) there may be something else around the corner that catches your eye.
    Yeah, I started a new contract, but I have 30 days to return it =P

Lol just get the Incredible. Better than Nexus One imo. Might ditch my Nexus One for the Incredible GSM version.
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links