Could it be the Droid Incredible is the *only* version of the Nexus One coming to Ver

This is a discussion on Could it be the Droid Incredible is the *only* version of the Nexus One coming to Ver within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; With specs being so close between the two phones, maybe the Incredible is in fact the only Nexus One phone Verizon is getting? Google's website ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could it be the Droid Incredible is the *only* version of the Nexus One coming to Ver

Could it be the Droid Incredible is the *only* version of the Nexus One coming to Ver

With specs being so close between the two phones, maybe the Incredible is in fact the only Nexus One phone Verizon is getting?

Google's website for the purchase of the Nexus One on Verizon's network has always linked to the original Droid. Do you think they may just link to the Droid Incredible now?

I am thinking the phones are almost identical, so why would Google even bother trying to sell the Nexus One on Verizon. It may actually be the Incredible.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

further evidence for this theory:

Another Blow To Google's Nexus One

Junior Member FreyGrimrod_nexusone's Avatar
    They already are linking to the incredible by linking to the droid that has a big ol incredible link...

I've thought that as soon as the March 23rd date came and went with no release/announcement of the Nexus.

poppycock. this is ridiculous. they will still release N1 for VZW. the real ridiculous thing is that the phones are pretty close to identical, so unless N1 has a comparable subsidy price and comes out lickety split, they won't sell but a handful to a freakish niche.

These phones are in no way the same...the only thing they share is the same proc and screen...
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Quote Originally Posted by jaeisber View Post
    These phones are in no way the same...the only thing they share is the same proc and screen...
    hm, yeah I have to disagree. They share the same brand and manufacturer, they share the same Operating System, they share the same general features, processor, screen (debatable, I keep seeing that Inc is only OLED), they are both touchscreen smartphones and have very, very similar specs compared to the bulk of other phones on the market.

I guess you're right, they are slightly different...

the Nexus One PWNS the Droid Incredible.

bam!

This is definantly interesting, but I guess the N1 is still only gonna be sold online. So it looks like Google will look to sell its phone through ads. The people in the store probably make commission so why would you send someone online for a 'similarish' phone?
    Verizon loves to 'own' something, they take exclusive phones and really push them. Im sure Verizon will be doing advertising as well, although TV like the droid. A droid commercial came on just a minute ago and was waiting for when they will change them to DI phones?
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Incredible - No data and voice at the same time? FAIL

This feature is enough of a differentiator for me to be glad with my decision to go with a Nexus One (on T-Mobile for the savings, too). Granted, even I have a hard time thinking and talking at the same time; but it's a feature I have used and see as a requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    Incredible - No data and voice at the same time? FAIL

This feature is enough of a differentiator for me to be glad with my decision to go with a Nexus One (on T-Mobile for the savings, too). Granted, even I have a hard time thinking and talking at the same time; but it's a feature I have used and see as a requirement.
    Well, considering no phone on verizon will allow Data and Voice at the same time, you had better stick with T-Mobile or AT&T. The nature of CDMA networks does not allow for voice and data to be used at the same time. Only AT&T and T-Mobile (GSM) allow simultaneous use. So, even the N1 on VZW will not do this.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links