Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; so let me ask this ? to all verizon subscribers with a dumbphone. do you take the N1 at launch or perhaps wait another 3-4 ...

Page 10 of 400 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

Member im a android but thats ok's Avatar
    so let me ask this ? to all verizon subscribers with a dumbphone. do you take the N1 at launch or perhaps wait another 3-4 months for the desire?

both phones are nearly identical in specs, both are nicely designed, but i like the fact i can walk into a vz store (like i have the past 15 years) to see the phone (desire)first hand and know i can return it for any troubleshooting problems less googles approach. also i love the sense ui but have been hearing alot of talk about possible upgrades compromising the operation of the other (ie android update can affect sense and vice versa rendering it useless).

so another ? would be wouldnt it be better all around if google incorporated sense into the operating system to avoid such future concerns? HTC already has announced all future phones will have this. if google would swallow some pride and either buy out the os outright or pay htc a licensing fee or royality per phone they can have a all around much better os. i look at it this way, id rather wait 3 or 4 more months and know ill have sense for 2 years then be impatient and suffer through 2 years without. but thats just me.

edit. does anyone think sense will become avail. on n1 without having to root?

I personally don't want the sense UI. I'd rather avoid proprietary stuff if I have a choice, and I'm attracted to the open-source aspect of Android.

Member im a android but thats ok's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nihilion View Post
    I personally don't want the sense UI. I'd rather avoid proprietary stuff if I have a choice, and I'm attracted to the open-source aspect of Android.
    well this answers my last question

HTC Sense UI Upgrade Unlikely For Existing Android Phones

besides battery issues, i thought the sense ran in conjunction with android and was only a visual enchancement. is there any restrictions open source wise to running sense? i thought the base os was basically android and only certain visual appeal was different with sense but honestly dont know to much about it. any advantages vs disadvantages of running sense with android? thanks in advance

edit. im guessing and hoping that eventually google will add updates and visual aspects that would rival sense with thier stock android os making this point moot.

I want N1 with full android. No more no less. I have a Storm and almost launched my phone into my fireplace last night because i couldnt type the word THIS. It kept spelling out ths or tis. In any event...im just counting the days but i wish they would just claim a date even if its in april or may. Spring 2010 as a date blows.

Waiting for the N1 on Verizon

Unofficial date of release for NEXUS ONE

I listen to Leo Laporte, the self appointed "TECH GUY" on his TWIT TV shows on Saturday and Sunday via the internet and sometimes on KFI640AM radio. You should hear his response about the
    Nexus One. He really gives it a good grade and prefers it to the iPhone.:iphone:

He states that on good account his rumor date for Verizon rolling it out is March 27. He says he has it on good account with an inside source.

Stay tuned!:rofl3:

Actually, I really want HTC Sense. It allows for more customization. Who wouldn't want that? I also really want T9 word, because I hate typing on my Dare's full qwerty-I always use T9.

Also, does anyone know what happens to the N1 when the battery is low? All the stupid LG phones I've had flash the damn screen when the battery is below 25%, until the phone dies-it's like phone suicide, and every time it happens I want to smash my phone into a trillion pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by deadwood View Post
    I want N1 with full android. No more no less. I have a Storm and almost launched my phone into my fireplace last night because i couldnt type the word THIS. It kept spelling out ths or tis. In any event...im just counting the days but i wish they would just claim a date even if its in april or may. Spring 2010 as a date blows.
    I hate how it takes like eight attempts to hit hte damn enter key on my storm! I can't wait until the N1 is out for VZW and I can do all sorts of psychotic things to this damn storm...

I agree.. I have the Storm 2 and HATE HATE HATE the typing on it... I use my son's Droid and I don't have problems typing at all.. I'm just waiting everyday for the N1 just to get away from this anger inducing craptastic Storm 2.

Btw, put my vote in the DO NOT want HTC Sense ui. Some things about it are nice, but majority of it, I don't like the interface at all. I'm a business user and have to be sync'd up with our Exchange server. The droid was simple and allows me to have my Appointments and Tasks right on the main screen without having to finger over or open anything. Sense UI doesn't allow this and has that huge ass ugly clock taking up WAY to much realestate. I want as much message/Calendar/task info I can get on the main screen without having to do anything.

the wait is killing. my wife is getting mad everyday at me for playing with her droid. installing new roms every couple of days. doing diff themes (metmorph). changing overclock speeds. dammit i want this phone soon before i break my wife's droid. lol

Still Waiting

The Date is now February 24, 2010 and there is still no sign of a release date for the Verizon Wireless CDMA version of the HTC Nexus One by Google. Hopefully, when the phone is released, all the quirks and problems will be worked out accordingly. And maybe, just maybe, the AMOLED screen will be upgraded to 32 bit...

Page 10 of 400 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links