Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by danjfoley Ok, so if this doesn't come out for verizon, then what are our options? 1. Get the iphone over on AT&T ...

Page 100 of 400 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

Quote Originally Posted by danjfoley View Post
    Ok, so if this doesn't come out for verizon, then what are our options?

1. Get the iphone over on AT&T
    2. Get the Droid.

Anything else? What is really the best option if this thing doesn't come out?
    Get the N1 on AT&T...
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Quote Originally Posted by danjfoley View Post
    Ok, so if this doesn't come out for verizon, then what are our options?

1. Get the iphone over on AT&T
    2. Get the Droid.

Anything else? What is really the best option if this thing doesn't come out?
    Wait for the HTC incredible?

The only knocks i've heard on that are:

A. Underclocked 1ghz processor (which i bet they can revisit on future updates)
    B. Sense UI - Some people like it, some don't.
    C. Think it's ugly looking.

Quote Originally Posted by orjense View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by andrunix View Post
    OK, so I have been waiting on this freaking phone just like the rest of you. Now that the 23rd has come and gone, I am wondering why I should keep waiting? I am sick of this crap.

If the phone is going to cost me full retail (no subsidy) on Verizon, why do I care about staying with VZW? Are there any other CDMA networks in the US that I could use the phone on? No, so if I buy it I am stuck with VZW and still have to pay full retail. That sucks. Of course, I don't have a contract so I could cancel any time and sell the phone on ebay right?

If I am going to buy an N1, I might as well get the AT&t compatible one NOW and switch networks. There is no compelling reason to stay with Verizon other than I have been a customer there forever. I am tired of their silence and waiting. At least if I hated AT&T I could switch to T-Mobile, right?

I am kinda venting here... somebody talk me down.

You have a good point and there is no reasons to wait for this crap from VZW.
    I would ve done clean purchase and do what I got to do down the road but my wife will give me a quick uncontested divorce if I spend $529 for a cell phone in the year 2010.

In all honesty, I'm hoping Sprint announce soon, I believe their pricing will be better than TMO and Big Red.

What also annoys me is that I went through this crap with VZW last month, waiting for Blackberry Tour 2, which was rumored to be released on Feb 3rd. Wasn't released and VZW didn't say a word till this day.
    I just wish they would release the retail CDMA version. Which I plan to buy anyway...I did call my Sprint rep, he was able to pull the N1 up on their system and said that "if it was a CDMA version and it was unlocked, they would be able to activate it on their system." So I imagine the VZW version will release first, along with the retail version of the CDMA Nexus One. Just get it activated on Sprint if you don't want to stay or go with Verizon...this is my plan.

I know, I know that most reps don't know crap...however the only reason they can't activate exclusive phones are because the don't have the ESN numbers in their system, but this phone is in their system already, just no pricing on subsidized phones. All CDMA networks are compatible as long as the carrier is will to activate the device on their system...and apparently Sprint is.

My fiancee and I really had to switch, since our phones weren't working at our jobs. We got Droids, and I'm actually incredibly pleased with it. It's an immensely solid device.

See anyone who goes that route over at the Droid forums...

All the news on the web regarding Verizon Nexus One is that the its released and just a matter of time it will show on Google.com/phone and Verizon will make a little announcement. The kicker for me now is that the news.rumors continue to insist that there will be no Subsidized Nexus One on Verizon. This is not going to work for me

Quote Originally Posted by orjense View Post
    All the news on the web regarding Verizon Nexus One is that the its released and just a matter of time it will show on Google.com/phone and Verizon will make a little announcement. The kicker for me now is that the news.rumors continue to insist that there will be no Subsidized Nexus One on Verizon. This is not going to work for me
    The last part about there no subsidized phone doesn't seem hold up...why would they specifically say coming to Verizon and Sprint would release a separate press release about it coming to Sprint...if there was no subsidy then Google could just release an all encompassing CDMA version.

CTIA streaming site is back up - maybe good news today?

Whats the link to the streeming site?

International CTIA WIRELESS® 2010 - Live Streaming

I coped this from another post - obviously Samsung isn't talking anymmroe

Oh BTW POST #1000 WOOT

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links