Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I really dont think Verizon will be speaking at this CTIA, I hope I'm wrong though....

Page 103 of 400 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

I really dont think Verizon will be speaking at this CTIA, I hope I'm wrong though.

If you think about the release. It'd almost be stupid for verizon and/or google not release the nexus one CDMA during CTIA. It would be the perfect time for them, if they don't I really just don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by orjense View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wuliwong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by danjfoley View Post
    Ok, so if this doesn't come out for verizon, then what are our options?

1. Get the iphone over on AT&T
    2. Get the Droid.

Anything else? What is really the best option if this thing doesn't come out?
    I have been thinking about the same thing. T-mobile is just not an option to me. My roommate has T-mobile, I don't want to go down that same path. Since I haven't switched to AT&T for an iPhone at this point, it would seem crazy to do it now that Verizon has the Droid. Some other guy was calling the Droid "junk", I don't see that. Seems like a really solid phone, just not as powerful or "sexy" as the N1. There are lots of cool phones that have been announced to eventually be released: Galaxy S, Supersonic, Evo, N1, Incredible. But, if you need a phone right now, I don't see any better options than the two danjfoley posted. Of those two, I choose #2. Better network and Android 2.1 will be on it soon enough.

Your Room mate's N1 on Tmobile works well?
    He has a blackberry. I just meant the network itself, I don't want to be on that.

I have been thinking about the same thing. T-mobile is just not an option to me. My roommate has T-mobile, I don't want to go down that same path. Since I haven't switched to AT&T for an iPhone at this point, it would seem crazy to do it now that Verizon has the Droid. Some other guy was calling the Droid "junk", I don't see that. Seems like a really solid phone, just not as powerful or "sexy" as the N1. There are lots of cool phones that have been announced to eventually be released: Galaxy S, Supersonic, Evo, N1, Incredible. But, if you need a phone right now, I don't see any better options than the two danjfoley posted. Of those two, I choose #2. Better network and Android 2.1 will be on it soon enough.

Your Room mate's N1 on Tmobile works well?
    He has a blackberry. I just meant the network itself, I don't want to be on that.

Ok, I had Blackberry with Tmobile and changed to Verizon, but I'm heading back to Tmobile for N1 unless there is some definite release date by Verizon and Sprint

Quote Originally Posted by Tattrpuff View Post
    If nothing comes from a reputable site...it's not happening. This site, Boygenius, Androidcentral.
    Boygenius is Apple (Iphone) fanboy so I'm not really looking at their site for Nexus goodies.
    This is true but they are the ones that have released a large number of rumors that have come to fruition over many devices, OS, MobileOS...people like to send them tips.

This is just so perplexing.

Google and/or VZW have people who's job is to monitor the social networks and internet, to find out what people are saying about their respective companies. Shoot, if you watch twitter, everybody is up in arms, calling them out for their lack of response. You can't tell me an executive at one of these companies hasn't caught wind of the 23rd rumor.

The silence is stirring up people, which equals press. Now, I know the adage "Any press is good press." People, like me, who've been holding off on a phone purchase, now have no idea if and when this phone is coming out, and may just settle for anything else. In my opinion, they have to release a statement, like, yesterday.

I see their strategy. It's good and bad for Verizon: yes, their reputation gets even more tarnished with respect to phone hardware and releases. But it's good for more Droid sales and perhaps more HTC Incredible sales - whenever the hell that drops. Which is also good news for the other party involved: HTC. HTC has already moved waaaay beyond the Nexus One. Those purchases will outweigh the few people (imo) who will sacrifice coverage for phone hardware. They have the best network hands down (at least where I live).

The bad news? Google. All these people who are (or will be) fed up, will look for alternatives, leaving this phone in the dust. It's already 3 months old. In the end, nobody will care about the Nexus One if this keeps up too long, and Google will have more egg on their faces.

The Incredible is arguably just as powerful and maybe more capable. (can underclocks be reversed via hardware upgrade?)

Well put JimmyJam!, I check this forum like... every 5 minutes during my work day, and at this point I'm almost over the hype of this phone. All because Verizon can't give a solid release date and the fact that so many other carriers are carrying this phone is ridiculous, and sooo aggravating.

If you search "Nexus One" on verizonwireless.com, it will redirect to the Google Phone page at this point.

Hi Cole, This was pointed out a few days ago, but thank you for your input. Let us know if you run into anything else interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Cole View Post
    If you search "Nexus One" on verizonwireless.com, it will redirect to the Google Phone page at this point.
    Thanks cole, but this was happening last week :-/

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links