Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; You guys keep mentioning the incredible. How does it compare to the N1 ? IF it turns out that the incredible is out first, or ...

Page 106 of 400 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

You guys keep mentioning the incredible. How does it compare to the N1 ? IF it turns out that the incredible is out first, or the nexus is offered only at full price, then how will be I be if i just buy the incredible instead? (and is that what they are going to call it? and i assume there is no official release date for that either)

Quote Originally Posted by Googley View Post
    Question: if I'm going to live in a big city, does it really make a difference for the provider? Would T-Mobile probably be cheaper, too, on a monthly basis? I'm curious if the Verizon version will have any extras.
    i have had good luck w/ t-mobile in the largest city in my state, everywhere else its hit and miss, i live in a college town/city and the service sucks, thats why i want verizon, i just wish t-mobile was better, i woulda had the n1 a long time ago

Thanks BSpirit ... I would not be surprised (based on NO rumors and just a guess) that the Verizon version might have something extra. (e.g. calendar exchange?) But what do I know.

Quote Originally Posted by danjfoley View Post
    You guys keep mentioning the incredible. How does it compare to the N1 ? IF it turns out that the incredible is out first, or the nexus is offered only at full price, then how will be I be if i just buy the incredible instead? (and is that what they are going to call it? and i assume there is no official release date for that either)
    this is why google should be pushing the release of the n1 soon before the inc comes out. otherwise they might lose sales cause people dont wanna wait for th en1 and will go for inc and google will lose money

i just dont get why vzw and sprint dont go to the gsm network...what do they have against sim cards and world phones? that way we wouldnt have to worry about all this waiting and crap and coudlve had the phone a long time ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Googley View Post
    Question: if I'm going to live in a big city, does it really make a difference for the provider? Would T-Mobile probably be cheaper, too, on a monthly basis? I'm curious if the Verizon version will have any extras.
    I live in Atlanta, in general everyone gets service here. But even here, my Verizon coverage is noticeably better. For example, in certain clubs, my phone is the only one that still gets service (or another vzw phone). Numerous times I have been with people and their iPhones aren't able to get on the internet and I have to pull out my old BB 8830 and get whatever info we are need. I'm never sure if those situations are iPhone problems or AT&T problems. I'm sure it's less of a difference in coverage than it would be if I lived out in the country or even in the suburbs, but I still notice it. And, even though I live in Atlanta I still travel out of the metro area pretty often. So for me, the fact that Verizon has far superior coverage in between large metro areas is still important.

That is why I am not even considering the N1 on T-mobile. Same reason I have never switched to AT&T for the iPhone.

I think your logic is sound. I am moving to Memphis. I am near Cleveland now and Verizon is wonderful in my college town, but AT&T is horrendous.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingguy View Post
    i just dont get why vzw and sprint dont go to the gsm network...what do they have against sim cards and world phones? that way we wouldnt have to worry about all this waiting and crap and coudlve had the phone a long time ago...
    sprint and verizon are on a different freq and get better coverage, and you want them to switch to something else that everyone else already has with crappier service...

You can search around, this question has been answered even in this forum.

As far as I know the phones are very similar. The differences are:

1. They look different.
    2. Same 1Ghz Snapdragon processor, but the Incredible's will be underclocked to 768Mhz.
    3. Incredible 8mp camera, N1 5mp camera.
    4. Incredible has HTC's 'Sense UI' interface, N1 is straight Android.
    5. People speculate that the N1 will consistently get the updated versions of the Android OS before the Incredible. I would assume this will be true.
    6. Incredible - you deal with Vzw customer service, N1 - you will deal with Google (and maybe HTC)?

I think that about sums it up. It seems like a mixed bag, I can imagine different people preferring one to the other depending on what they value most. I will get whichever one comes out first unless I have already broken down and bought a Droid.

Quote Originally Posted by wuliwong View Post
    You can search around, this question has been answered even in this forum.

As far as I know the phones are very similar. The differences are:

1. They look different.
    2. Same 1Ghz Snapdragon processor, but the Incredible's will be underclocked to 768Mhz.
    3. Incredible 8mp camera, N1 5mp camera.
    4. Incredible has HTC's 'Sense UI' interface, N1 is straight Android.
    5. People speculate that the N1 will consistently get the updated versions of the Android OS before the Incredible. I would assume this will be true.
    6. Incredible - you deal with Vzw customer service, N1 - you will deal with Google (and maybe HTC)?

I think that about sums it up. It seems like a mixed bag, I can imagine different people preferring one to the other depending on what they value most. I will get whichever one comes out first unless I have already broken down and bought a Droid.
    Great post...This may be an extremely stupid question, but what exactly is Sense UI?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links