Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; And a follow up to that ... I'm not sure I like the look of sense UI ... how much better is it really than ...

Page 107 of 400 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

And a follow up to that ... I'm not sure I like the look of sense UI ... how much better is it really than the standard Android 2.1 with Nexus?

Quote Originally Posted by wuliwong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by danjfoley View Post
    You guys keep mentioning the incredible. How does it compare to the N1 ? IF it turns out that the incredible is out first, or the nexus is offered only at full price, then how will be I be if i just buy the incredible instead? (and is that what they are going to call it? and i assume there is no official release date for that either)
    You can search around, this question has been answered even in this forum.

As far as I know the phones are very similar. The differences are:

1. They look different.
    2. Same 1Ghz Snapdragon processor, but the Incredible's will be underclocked to 768Mhz.
    3. Incredible 8mp camera, N1 5mp camera.
    4. Incredible has HTC's 'Sense UI' interface, N1 is straight Android.
    5. People speculate that the N1 will consistently get the updated versions of the Android OS before the Incredible. I would assume this will be true.
    6. Incredible - you deal with Vzw customer service, N1 - you will deal with Google (and maybe HTC)?

I think that about sums it up. It seems like a mixed bag, I can imagine different people preferring one to the other depending on what they value most. I will get whichever one comes out first unless I have already broken down and bought a Droid.
    That pretty much covers it, except you forgot to mention that the Incredible is butt ugly.

I have no experience with sense UI. For some people the fact that the N1 DOESN'T have Sense UI is a selling point. I have no opinion at the moment. Here's a link to a video that explains Sense UI.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs3RPQqfCrk]YouTube - Sense UI Overview: HTC Hero[/ame]

you can also disable the sense UI and make it look just like the N1.

So the N1 doesn't have Sense UI? I was under the influence it did?

CTIA Special Podcast | Android Central

There ya go -- those who said I was wrong. Android Central shares my opinion that it is Verizon holding up the release of the N1 -- not Google. Listen at 43:12.

Upsetting as it is to not have the N1 by now I think that no one has real cause to be upset since the release date was never mentioned. The March 23rd release was nothing but rumor. If anything, Google is just playing the same game as Apple as far as news releases are concerned and it works pretty well to generate strong reactions from fans. Nothing wrong with that. My personal guess, I think the N1 will have to release before April 1st because google just LOVES their April Fool's day too much and probably doesn't want to confuse their customers.

umm.. i could be wrong, but I don't think so.

sense UI is a GUI that runs over the android OS, ties some applications together, has a theme throughout widgets etc.

Quote Originally Posted by rhuth View Post
    umm.. i could be wrong, but I don't think so.

sense UI is a GUI that runs over the android OS, ties some applications together, has a theme throughout widgets etc.
    -directed at woogy

Still waiting.. I see.

I'm hoping vzw offers a contract with the n1. $529 for a phone is a bit too much if you ask me.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links