Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by khaos Question: If I root an incredible can I erase the Sense UI and just run android? And can one un-underclock a ...

Page 109 of 400 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

  1. #1081
    Junior Member BloodySpirit058's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by khaos View Post
    Question: If I root an incredible can I erase the Sense UI and just run android? And can one un-underclock a processor via rooting?
    there are a couple apps that will let you over and under clock your phone for performance and battery life (one of my friends uses "overclockwidget")

  2. #1082
    Senior Member jsilvers525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    572
    you can but if you overclock it it's bad for the battery, also it will still take long for updates. i think there's supposed to be a major update within first half of this year they said. so probably in a few week/months.

    still waiting on vzw n1 but the other day i ordered screen protector and seido innocase II and it feels amazing and is sooooo thin. verizon supposedly didn't release it yet b/c they want it to be perfect (screen problems, capacitive buttons issue etc.) I hope so as it will be worth the extra wait. i think it will be here by the latest first week of april. hope i'm right...not going to give up(unless nexus 2 comes out next week which there's no chance of)

  3. #1083
    Senior Member jaeisber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    718
    Quote Originally Posted by jsilvers525 View Post
    you can but if you overclock it it's bad for the battery, also it will still take long for updates. i think there's supposed to be a major update within first half of this year they said. so probably in a few week/months.

    still waiting on vzw n1 but the other day i ordered screen protector and seido innocase II and it feels amazing and is sooooo thin. verizon supposedly didn't release it yet b/c they want it to be perfect (screen problems, capacitive buttons issue etc.) I hope so as it will be worth the extra wait. i think it will be here by the latest first week of april. hope i'm right...not going to give up(unless nexus 2 comes out next week which there's no chance of)
    Where did you hear that they are holding back to fix those problems?
    Bought the AT&T N1.

  4. #1084
    Senior Member jsilvers525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    572
    order from this website: came in 3 days only Nexus One Cases
    Nexus One Screen Protectors

  5. #1085
    Junior Member knightwing44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    14
    Hi all,

    I've been patiently following along this thread. Finally decided to register As frustrating as the situation is, I did get some comic relief out of this thread.

    I can only imagine the amount of hits that the nexus one google page is getting...

    Boooooo.... and still waiting.
    knight

  6. #1086
    Senior Member jaeisber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    718
    Quote Originally Posted by knightwing44 View Post
    Hi all,

    I've been patiently following along this thread. Finally decided to register As frustrating as the situation is, I did get some comic relief out of this thread.

    I can only imagine the amount of hits that the nexus one google page is getting...

    Boooooo.... and still waiting.
    knight
    Well considering this thread alone has more than tripled in posts and views in the past day...I would say that page is getting blasted with hits.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

  7. #1087
    Senior Member jsilvers525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    572
    somebody before posted a podcast and the guy suggested that may be the reason jaeisber it's like one or two pages back i think

  8. #1088
    Senior Member jaeisber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    718
    Quote Originally Posted by jsilvers525 View Post
    somebody before posted a podcast and the guy suggested that may be the reason jaeisber it's like one or two pages back i think
    Ah makes sense. Im still trying to peruse through all of the posts I have missed since last night. Its a daunting task when there are this many posts, ha.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

  9. #1089
    Senior Member vizzle07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by orjense View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle07 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by orjense View Post


    Verizon Holding up Google Nexus One Release? And who is holding up Sprint from releasing it on their Network?
    Every information out there are rumors and re 100% wrong. This is fact:

    Nexus One is available on Tmobile and ATT LOL sorry guys. fact is fact and fake is exactly that
    Don't be naive. Google and Verizon are partners. Google and Sprint are not. If VZW wants Google to hold up on the release of the N1, Google would likely oblige.

    Why would VZW ask Google to do this? Take your pick:
    1. to sell more Droids
    2. to sell more Droid Eris phones
    3. to wait until after the Incredible is ready -- VZW would rather you buy the Incredible than the N1.

    Why do so many of you have a hard time believing that Verizon is likely responsible for the hold up?
    Ok wise guy? Why is google not pushing Nexus One through Telcos? Because of the reasons you stated. Yes, google main interest in device sales is not only on N1 but actually Android. All the devices you mentioned are android powered. What would google lose if N1 gain more market share than any of those devices? Nothing.
    Another reason google is not pushing assets through the telcos is because they want create new ways users purchase devices and contract.
    Ok, I'm not really sure what your point is because you seem to be saying the same thing as me -- Google doesn't lose anything if you buy other Android handsets (read: Droid, Droid Eris), so why would they be opposed to holding back the Nexus One for Verizon to sell a few more of those?

    I'm not trying to be a wise guy, but I tend to come off that way when I'm extremely frustrated -- so my apologies.

    Anyway, I suppose we'll just have to agree to disagree on this. Me and the guys at Android Central will stick to our opinion, and you are welcome to yours.

  10. #1090
    Senior Member jsilvers525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    572
    i know i come home from school and it's like 10 pages longer. love this thread but i can't wait until i don't have to look at it any more. the seido case i bough comes with a cardboard nexus one that's the exact size...i love the size it's perfect! case looks amazing and the screen protector is so clear and shows no smuges. i feel one step closer. i also synced my blackberry with my g-mail account so i have all my contacts. i'm trying to prep myself for the release (i have nothing to do since school basketball ended besides work and go to the gym...way too much time on my hands lol)

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. .m4a will not play
    By G2 Forum User in forum HTC G2
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-17-2010, 11:06 AM
  2. Who out there also has the original G1?
    By G2 Forum User in forum HTC G2
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-12-2010, 08:33 AM
  3. NO Money Down for the Samsung Epic
    By Epic Forums User in forum Samsung Epic 4G
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-02-2010, 10:11 AM

Search tags for this page

content

,

fcc ld: nm8pb31200

,

forum verizon nexus one

,

nm8pb31200

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum