Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; question: the n1 lets you tether to your computer right? I heard you have to buy an app to do it, but that's ok. Now ...

Page 112 of 400 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

question: the n1 lets you tether to your computer right? I heard you have to buy an app to do it, but that's ok. Now do you think verizon might disable this? I mean that's all i really want is tethering..

Do the current andriods on verizon support tethering?

And now speaking of that, what about the bandwidth.. is it really "unlimited" even if you are tethering?

Quote Originally Posted by yellowbug View Post
    boy, when Friday is here and the conference is over - there are going to be hordes of pissed off people if Verizon doesn't come through with ANY UPDATES WHAT SO EVER!!! I've been waiting since January to ditch my Blackberry - arrrggghhhh!!!
    Dont be one of those pissed off people. Verizon and will announce Skype on Monday and Nexus One of Tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by slang06 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by slang06 View Post
    I'm sure this has been said before but at this point, I'm thinking I'll get the Droid and play with it for 2 weeks. Hopefully, the Nexus One will come out somewhere in there. If I like it, I'll just stick with the Droid and if not, I can return it before the 14 day period is up and go get the Nexus One...
    You've actually got a full month to decide. Having played with the Droid for about a day now, I seriously doubt I could be as tempted by the Nexus one.
    Thanks. I wasn't sure how long the return period is. Honestly, if the Droid is in fact getting 2.1 (another area Verizon is delayed) I don't see any reason I'd return it...Buying the Droid is probably the only way I'll make it through the next few days anyway. Take THAT Verizon...oh wait...take THAT google...hmm, that doesn't work either. Take THAT HTC!
    In some ways, I was actually a bigger fan of the Droid's design than the Nexus One. It sort of feels like something entirely original in a post-iPhone world, which is unique and frankly very welcome after having what was essentially the same device for over 3 years. Compared to my co-worker's N1, it also has a bit more "heft" and feels a little more "solid". Probably because more of it is made of metal, and there are simply more parts (keyboard) inside.

As for 2.1, I remember hearing that they were going to roll it out last Monday, but something happened and they didn't. I would imagine there was a bug and it's going to happen soon. 2.0 is much snappier on mine than it appears in early reviews though.

Quote Originally Posted by danjfoley View Post
    question: the n1 lets you tether to your computer right? I heard you have to buy an app to do it, but that's ok. Now do you think verizon might disable this? I mean that's all i really want is tethering..

Do the current andriods on verizon support tethering?

And now speaking of that, what about the bandwidth.. is it really "unlimited" even if you are tethering?
    I do this all the time with my Blackberry (RIP) using an app called tether. The company that makes that software is coming out with an android version and there is also another app called PDANet which I have heard is also very good (and cheaper). I use it to play online games and have never had a problem. Verizon might cap the mobile usage at some point (probably 15 or 20 GB per month if they do) but from what I've been told by just about everyone who works at verizon, their data plans are unlimited to the point where there is no cap

Android Central just tweeted:

"Ok, just got official word from Verizon re: the Nexus One..."

I'm waiting for whatever they'll say next...

"... and the answer is they can't tell us. Sorry, folks. But they're here, and we asked."

why must they toy with me like that?

Just hold them at gun point until they do tell you. Too many people have been waiting too long to hear about the N1.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle07 View Post
    "... and the answer is they can't tell us. Sorry, folks. But they're here, and we asked."

Yeah I just saw that, it's incredibly ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by kentoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle07 View Post

Yeah I just saw that, it's incredibly ridiculous
    I have one thing to say to this: <Insert string of bannable expletives here>!

Cool Just had a conversation with a VZW person...

Rep: Hello. Thank you for visiting our chat service. May I help you with your order today?

Jack Bauer: Yes! I need a new phone, and am waiting on the release of the CDMA Nexus One for Verizon, or the HTC Incredible.

Jack Bauer: Would you happen to know the date?

Rep: I'd be happy to help you with that.

Rep: I do apologize but I have no way of accessing that information at this time. I do apologize for this.

Jack Bauer: For either phone?

Rep: We actually do not find out release dates any sooner than our customers so I do apologize for this.

Jack Bauer: You couldn't pull a Chloe O'Brian and hack the system?

Rep: I do apologize however I would not be able to do that and that is pretty funny.

Jack Bauer: Haha, do you watch 24?

Jack Bauer: Because I'm part of CTU, and I am going to leave the US and need a phone, and the Nexus One or the Incredible is what I need.
    Rep: We are unable to hold personal conversations. I do apologize for this.

Rep: I do understand.

Jack Bauer: This is not personal, I need this phone.
    Kayla: I do understand however, I would be able to offer you one of our global devices.

Jack Bauer: Nexus One?!

Rep: I am unable to offer you this phone at this time, because we do not offer it in our lineup at this time. I do apologize.

Jack Bauer: I do apologize that you keep apologizing.

Rep: I could send you a link so that you could view our global ready phones if you would like.

Jack Bauer: Yes, there is something else you can help me with, are there any new Android Devices coming out?

Jack Bauer: Soon?

Jack Bauer: Sure, I shall see.

Jack Bauer: I'd love that link if you wouldn't mind sending it to me

Rep: Ok I will actually have to send you several links as we have several different global devices is that ok?

Jack Bauer: Sure

Rep: I actually have no way to know if we will be getting any new Android phones.

Jack Bauer: I seriously think you could find out one way or another...

Jack Bauer: Legally, Illegally....

Rep: I am unable to access this information I do apologize.

Jack Bauer: Apologize Denied.

Rep: I would be happy to assist you with any other questions you may have.

Jack Bauer: Other than my Android Obsession?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links