Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by nihilion Originally Posted by jsilvers525 if you think that's amazing wait until you get your hands on the nexus one. anybody else ...

Page 114 of 400 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

Quote Originally Posted by nihilion View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsilvers525 View Post
    if you think that's amazing wait until you get your hands on the nexus one. anybody else think the evo is way too big and would be uncomfortable to hold/put in pocket. i also think it doesn't even look like a cell phone really. it's cool and amazing but i'd much rather a nexus one on VERIZON.
    Actually, the EVO is kind of tempting. Of course I'm tired of waiting and need a new phone NOW (you frackers at Verizon here that?). But i see what you're saying. It doesn't really look like anything. Clearly the were trying to make the phone as small as possible, such that it could still have a 4.3 inch screen. I think I could get used to that. Its got it where it counts. I really like the forward facing webcam for video conferencing and the HDMI output. Neat things would be possible with that.

I
    I wonder who is behind Verizon holding up the Nexus One?

ok so here is what needs to happen. for all those who are able to make the wait and get the nexus one for verizon please read on...

once we all get our shiny new n1's we all need to get a tethering app running on our phone (either pay for one or root) and then connect it to our laptop/desktop. from there connect to teh internets via our n1's and then start downloading the biggest files that you can possibly find. or start up some ques from p2ps, and don't stop downloading until the network errors out!!! make us wait in the dark will you verizon? you shall pay!

so who's down?

the ultimate phone would be the nexus one except were the capacitive buttons are and were the black part on top of the screen would be part of the screen. no trackball but that whole area light up different colors somehow(see through or something). a front facing camera(vzw announced partnership with skype), on verizon NOW, flash, 8mp camera. obviously what i mentioned could be improved but i'm talking realisticly. oh yeah also android 3.0(not out but i'm sure it would be awesome).

Quote Originally Posted by MrGoodCat View Post
    ok so here is what needs to happen. for all those who are able to make the wait and get the nexus one for verizon please read on...

once we all get our shiny new n1's we all need to get a tethering app running on our phone (either pay for one or root) and then connect it to our laptop/desktop. from there connect to teh internets via our n1's and then start downloading the biggest files that you can possibly find. or start up some ques from p2ps, and don't stop downloading until the network errors out!!! make us wait in the dark will you verizon? you shall pay!

so who's down?
    Not a good idea the unlimited data plan is only upto 4gb, which means any data transferred after that you will pay dearly for. Heres a better idea.

We should all go around (or maybe make a list) of all the sites with google nexus one banner ads on the page, those banner ads are generally pay per click. Now if we made a list and went to a bunch of sites and started clicking on those banners it would generate revenue for the sites (so don't get urls to bad websites, only support ones who are trusted in the "scene"). But it would also cost google money to have a ton of people going around clicking all their banners and not actually buy anything. I think this would send the message to google that yes we do want their product but its not available on a carrier we need. And maybe google will step up their efforts to force verizons hand. Its all about $$$ folks and if it starts costing google money then they WILL do something about it. Wether it be by removing the ads or contacting verizon to get a move on. I don't see them removing the ads so the alternative would be their only plausible option. Anyhow thats just my train of thinking. It might not work, but it would also help some of us vent off some steam. I mean honestly this is just getting ridiculous.

I think the evo is better than the n1

1- the screen is not that big, nexus one has 3.7 the EVO is 4.3. that's half an inch diagonally! (I know its .6)
    2-Has HDMI output, dont know how much i would use it but its a big plus
    3-Front facing camera, perfect for skype and other apps maybe games
    4-the stand
    5- 8MP camera!

only negative is sense UI, but maybe someone can root it to have normal android. I almost want to wait till June to have that if it was promise to verizon.

I'm pretty sure the Evo is for Sprint only, but I may be wrong, don't hold me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by woogyboogy View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Evo is for Sprint only, but I may be wrong, don't hold me to it.
    You are correct, I was just stating that if it was announce for Verizon,I might wait the 2 months because its so cool. but its not because verizon SUCKS

So, the only good phones that are coming out for Verizon in the near future are the Nexus One, and the HTC Incredible? Is this correct or is there more phones coming out soon?...(Soon as in before July)

Quote Originally Posted by jwm2 View Post

so who's down?
    Not a good idea the unlimited data plan is only upto 4gb, which means any data transferred after that you will pay dearly for. Heres a better idea.

We should all go around (or maybe make a list) of all the sites with google nexus one banner ads on the page, those banner ads are generally pay per click. Now if we made a list and went to a bunch of sites and started clicking on those banners it would generate revenue for the sites (so don't get urls to bad websites, only support ones who are trusted in the "scene"). But it would also cost google money to have a ton of people going around clicking all their banners and not actually buy anything. I think this would send the message to google that yes we do want their product but its not available on a carrier we need. And maybe google will step up their efforts to force verizons hand. Its all about $$$ folks and if it starts costing google money then they WILL do something about it. Wether it be by removing the ads or contacting verizon to get a move on. I don't see them removing the ads so the alternative would be their only plausible option. Anyhow thats just my train of thinking. It might not work, but it would also help some of us vent off some steam. I mean honestly this is just getting ridiculous.
    um hello its called UNLIMITED for a reason...CAUSE ITS UNLIMITED!

Quote Originally Posted by flyingguy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jwm2 View Post

so who's down?

um hello its called UNLIMITED for a reason...CAUSE ITS UNLIMITED!
    you are wrong, its unlimited from verizon, so that means its not
    how ever I dont think youll get charge, but they will cap you or maybe slow you down. I remenber when I got v cast and it was "unlimited" but the contract said they can cap me at 5GBs

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links