Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; So the Nexus will be sold unlocked? Does that mean it will come with a SIM card?...

Page 117 of 400 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

So the Nexus will be sold unlocked? Does that mean it will come with a SIM card?

Quote Originally Posted by Pioter View Post
    So the Nexus will be sold unlocked? Does that mean it will come with a SIM card?
    it already IS sold unlocked with a SIM card...ATT and Tmoble run on sim cards...but the current unlocked one wont work on vzw or sprint....so if u have ATT or tmoble u can get it...

Quote Originally Posted by FredyG View Post
    Seems like everyones hopes just disenflated. I'm very tempted to order the AT&T version...
    yea if u wanna throw away your money and get poor service in return

Quote Originally Posted by nihilion View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by slang06 View Post
    I'm sure this has been said before but at this point, I'm thinking I'll get the Droid and play with it for 2 weeks. Hopefully, the Nexus One will come out somewhere in there. If I like it, I'll just stick with the Droid and if not, I can return it before the 14 day period is up and go get the Nexus One...
    I seriously don't see what other people do in the Droid. It's heavy and clunky, and the keyboard is just a joke. It seems processor starved or something, because movement lags. Personally, i'd rather have the Eris than that piece of junk.
    Have you ever used a Droid?? It's definitely not processor starved. You know, it is not enough to just know the clock speed of processors in order to compare them. Think about comparing AMD processors to Intel. If anything, lag would most likely be caused by maxing out the RAM. The Droid is EASILY the best phone that is on Verizon right now. EASILY.

Quote Originally Posted by wuliwong View Post
    I'm sure this has been said before but at this point, I'm thinking I'll get the Droid and play with it for 2 weeks. Hopefully, the Nexus One will come out somewhere in there. If I like it, I'll just stick with the Droid and if not, I can return it before the 14 day period is up and go get the Nexus One...
    I seriously don't see what other people do in the Droid. It's heavy and clunky, and the keyboard is just a joke. It seems processor starved or something, because movement lags. Personally, i'd rather have the Eris than that piece of junk.
    Have you ever used a Droid?? It's definitely not processor starved. You know, it is not enough to just know the clock speed of processors in order to compare them. Think about comparing AMD processors to Intel. If anything, lag would most likely be caused by maxing out the RAM. The Droid is EASILY the best phone that is on Verizon right now. EASILY.
    i agree i like the eris better...droid is just too "square" for my taste...and bulky too

The N1 should have a subsidized option for Verizon. They have actually officially stated that, I believe.

Hey guys, so here's what android central got from CTIA. They said that they had talked to verizon there as stated a few pages back. But this is their official announcement to everyone

Twitter / Android Central: Here's our official line: ...

Here's our official line: We'll know the Nexus One is available when Google says it's available. No sooner, no later. Just the way it is.
    So it's all on google, keep refreshing those pages and hoping people!

what is italicized is definitely spot on in your claim, but the bolded portion is waaay off. response lag comes about from one core component trailing behind another, such that the entire system must wait for everything to get back on the same cycle. In this case, its ultimately the core processor on the device, because very few other chips on the device do any processing of their own, and when they do, its in an autonomous fashion, as in not tied to any other components, like the display or core processor.

the core proc does the multitude of everything involved on these handsets, including sensory input and screen driving all at the same time. so when you come across this lag, its undoubtedly a result of the queue on the processor getting waaay too long.

one case where ram might play a factor is when used ram is being exchanged into unused ram. this goes through the proc, and on stock android, the internal MEMKILL hooks are set very low, and after the phone has been loaded with apps after turning it on, the system goes into a state where apps are continually being unloaded in place of other apps.

Quote Originally Posted by brinox View Post

what is italicized is definitely spot on in your claim, but the bolded portion is waaay off. response lag comes about from one core component trailing behind another, such that the entire system must wait for everything to get back on the same cycle. In this case, its ultimately the core processor on the device, because very few other chips on the device do any processing of their own, and when they do, its in an autonomous fashion, as in not tied to any other components, like the display or core processor.

the core proc does the multitude of everything involved on these handsets, including sensory input and screen driving all at the same time. so when you come across this lag, its undoubtedly a result of the queue on the processor getting waaay too long.

one case where ram might play a factor is when used ram is being exchanged into unused ram. this goes through the proc, and on stock android, the internal MEMKILL hooks are set very low, and after the phone has been loaded with apps after turning it on, the system goes into a state where apps are continually being unloaded in place of other apps.
    If you are using all the RAM you will definitely experience lag. Unless you're arguing that the Droid never will get close to using all 256MB of RAM?

Quote Originally Posted by kentoe View Post
    Hey guys, so here's what android central got from CTIA. They said that they had talked to verizon there as stated a few pages back. But this is their official announcement to everyone

Twitter / Android Central: Here's our official line: ...

Here's our official line: We'll know the Nexus One is available when Google says it's available. No sooner, no later. Just the way it is.
    So it's all on google, keep refreshing those pages and hoping people!
    Very interesting... I'm still taking it in caution. Some part of me still thinks VZW has something to do with the delay.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links