Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I GOT IT...maybe if we all "act" like we arent interested in the nexus ne more they will think we all lost interest in it ...

Page 118 of 400 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

I GOT IT...maybe if we all "act" like we arent interested in the nexus ne more they will think we all lost interest in it and shove it out now for sale

Quote Originally Posted by brinox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wuliwong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nihilion View Post

I seriously don't see what other people do in the Droid. It's heavy and clunky, and the keyboard is just a joke. It seems processor starved or something, because movement lags. Personally, i'd rather have the Eris than that piece of junk.
    Have you ever used a Droid?? It's definitely not processor starved. You know, it is not enough to just know the clock speed of processors in order to compare them. Think about comparing AMD processors to Intel. If anything, lag would most likely be caused by maxing out the RAM. The Droid is EASILY the best phone that is on Verizon right now. EASILY.
    what is italicized is definitely spot on in your claim, but the bolded portion is waaay off. response lag comes about from one core component trailing behind another, such that the entire system must wait for everything to get back on the same cycle. In this case, its ultimately the core processor on the device, because very few other chips on the device do any processing of their own, and when they do, its in an autonomous fashion, as in not tied to any other components, like the display or core processor.

the core proc does the multitude of everything involved on these handsets, including sensory input and screen driving all at the same time. so when you come across this lag, its undoubtedly a result of the queue on the processor getting waaay too long.

one case where ram might play a factor is when used ram is being exchanged into unused ram. this goes through the proc, and on stock android, the internal MEMKILL hooks are set very low, and after the phone has been loaded with apps after turning it on, the system goes into a state where apps are continually being unloaded in place of other apps.
    You can now overclock the Droid to 1.1 GHz and is apparently very stable at 800 MHz which should give you a nice boost. However, battery life is already poor on the Droid and overclocking will surely drop it some more.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingguy View Post
    I GOT IT...maybe if we all "act" like we arent interested in the nexus ne more they will think we all lost interest in it and shove it out now for sale
    Nexus one? What are you talking about?

i am so thankful not all product launches are like this. imagine if video games just randomly came out, no release dates, no warning.

i just really don't get why cell phones don't get solid release dates. i know it probably has something to do with the greedy bast*rds that control our mobile lives, but seriously cell phones are probably the most poorly marketed devices. i truly don't follow apple as i despise them but do they give release dates when they release their new phones? seems like some phones get marketing others don't....

i had to sell my tp2 in order to have enough to get the n1 and that was over 3 weeks ago. i have been stuck on a backup dumbphone for too long....but sadly i am willing to wait...just not patiently

Quote Originally Posted by robbversion1 View Post

THIS is the IPHONE for vzw blog....yall are confused

Nexus One? What is that? Some sort of energy drink? You darn hip kids and your colorful juice.

I'm gonna go back to my StarTAC. who needs a nexus anyway? Sounds like a salon product.

Quote Originally Posted by robbversion1 View Post

THIS is the IPHONE for vzw blog....yall are confused

Really?? i could have sworn this was the release thread for the Sony PSP phone. My bad.

Guys stop bringing the thread so off topic >_> we don't want it to get closed!

It won't be closed. We are on topic, just being sarcastic. This is the anticipation room... Almost like waiting in line... or at a concert after the opening acts are done, and you are waiting for the main event... but it always seems like it's taking forever... in this case.. it is... so we try and find other things to mumble about in the process... I feel like I know you guys already... hahaha I wonder if this thread will last until the phone actually does come out.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links