Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by KDII EVO is too big. Large screen.. great, but I like to put my phone in my pocket an not look like ...

Page 120 of 400 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

Quote Originally Posted by KDII View Post
    EVO is too big. Large screen.. great, but I like to put my phone in my pocket an not look like I have an ipad in my pants... I think the N1 is just the right size, shape and powerful enough for anyone's needs.

LMAO! Ipad in my pants. sounds like a feminine product. :rofl3:

Quote Originally Posted by brinox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wuliwong View Post

Have you ever used a Droid?? It's definitely not processor starved. You know, it is not enough to just know the clock speed of processors in order to compare them. Think about comparing AMD processors to Intel. If anything, lag would most likely be caused by maxing out the RAM. The Droid is EASILY the best phone that is on Verizon right now. EASILY.
    what is italicized is definitely spot on in your claim, but the bolded portion is waaay off. response lag comes about from one core component trailing behind another, such that the entire system must wait for everything to get back on the same cycle. In this case, its ultimately the core processor on the device, because very few other chips on the device do any processing of their own, and when they do, its in an autonomous fashion, as in not tied to any other components, like the display or core processor.

the core proc does the multitude of everything involved on these handsets, including sensory input and screen driving all at the same time. so when you come across this lag, its undoubtedly a result of the queue on the processor getting waaay too long.

one case where ram might play a factor is when used ram is being exchanged into unused ram. this goes through the proc, and on stock android, the internal MEMKILL hooks are set very low, and after the phone has been loaded with apps after turning it on, the system goes into a state where apps are continually being unloaded in place of other apps.
    You can now overclock the Droid to 1.1 GHz and is apparently very stable at 800 MHz which should give you a nice boost. However, battery life is already poor on the Droid and overclocking will surely drop it some more.
    good call, that definitely helps. who doesnt love overclocking oh wait, probably a bunch of people. regardless - that helps! To add to that notion, i noticed my sprint hero lagged like a sloth when underclocked. processor speed counts a LOT on these mobile devices. their clock-unspecific capacity to process data parallels those processors from the late 90's.

for this upcoming sprint N1 purchase, it will be the last phone i buy before multithreaded support arrives in the smartphone industry. go go broadcom armada 600! quadcores for your phone en masse!

Quote Originally Posted by brinox View Post

Have you ever used a Droid?? It's definitely not processor starved. You know, it is not enough to just know the clock speed of processors in order to compare them. Think about comparing AMD processors to Intel. If anything, lag would most likely be caused by maxing out the RAM. The Droid is EASILY the best phone that is on Verizon right now. EASILY.
    what is italicized is definitely spot on in your claim, but the bolded portion is waaay off. response lag comes about from one core component trailing behind another, such that the entire system must wait for everything to get back on the same cycle. In this case, its ultimately the core processor on the device, because very few other chips on the device do any processing of their own, and when they do, its in an autonomous fashion, as in not tied to any other components, like the display or core processor.

the core proc does the multitude of everything involved on these handsets, including sensory input and screen driving all at the same time. so when you come across this lag, its undoubtedly a result of the queue on the processor getting waaay too long.

one case where ram might play a factor is when used ram is being exchanged into unused ram. this goes through the proc, and on stock android, the internal MEMKILL hooks are set very low, and after the phone has been loaded with apps after turning it on, the system goes into a state where apps are continually being unloaded in place of other apps.
    If you are using all the RAM you will definitely experience lag. Unless you're arguing that the Droid never will get close to using all 256MB of RAM?
    i think i covered the usage of ram in my post? its only educated speculation, but that would be my best guess. it doesnt make sense to me that the phone would just lag solely based on the fact that the system is low on ram.

when an electronic device is low on ram, but not doing anything, then the system is in equilibrium in terms of resources. nothing is being unloaded nor loaded. therefore by design, the system should not have any excess load on it. all of the processor resources can then go towards driving the screen and/or typing with the software keyboard.

EDIT:: lol, i left the incomplete car on the highway example in by accident. too many of you were going to pick that apart along with my sensibility.

EVO is too big. Large screen.. great, but I like to put my phone in my pocket an not look like I have an ipad in my pants... I think the N1 is just the right size, shape and powerful enough for anyone's needs.
    Evo is "too big"?
    And as funny as your iPad statement was, comparing the size of an Evo to an iPad is a bit far-fetched (even as an exaggeration).

I for one, am leaning towards Evo for the screen size, 720p video, and Skype.

did anyone notice that the google.com/phone page does not say spring of 2010 anymore. now it says coming soon
    Not sure when this changed, maybe its been a while and someone already made a post about, but this thread exploded and I cant keep up.

It still says "Spring 2010". It has always said coming soon above where it says Verizon & Vodafone and then next to each of those it says "Spring 2010". Man you got my hopes up!

New Release date

Ok so on the Verizon forums page for Android devices, I saw a rumored date of 3/24. And that date has come and gone. I am thinking the 4/1 date may actually be a bit more feasible because VZW is still doing BOGO on these smart phone and all though I understand that it is google selling the phone. I can understand how VZW would not want to have to deal with any possibility of someone buying a N1 and trying to get a 2nd for free or some other phone for free. So lets cross our fingers on the 4/1 date. Common BIG RED! In BIG RED we trust.

Quote Originally Posted by sb1234 View Post
    It still says "Spring 2010". It has always said coming soon above where it says Verizon & Vodafone and then next to each of those it says "Spring 2010". Man you got my hopes up!
    hahahaha
    Sorry but Its f***ing early and I am tired, the light gray blended with the white background and I missed it. I got exited too!

So today is the last day of the CTIA conference. Maybe... just maybe, we will hear something. Now to sit patiently and wait.

Agreed. It will be a very long weekend if nothing is announced today.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links