Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; damn! i want my n1! The Engadget app for Android is finally, really here! -- Engadget...

Page 123 of 400 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

Think about this logically. Verizon basically has two things on its plate right now: The Nexus One, and its "Buy One Get One" deal on smart phones.

Scenario 1: Nexus One is released before the deal ends

Verizon has to eat the cost of the thousands of people who take advantage of the deal to get two Nexus Ones for the price of one.

Scenario 2: Nexus One is announced before the deal ends

This would hurt (but probably not kill) Verizon's deal. The people who are waiting for the Nexus One are still going to wait for it, but plenty of people who would have taken advantage of the deal are now going to wait the extra week for the Nexus One.

Scenario 3: The Nexus One comes out after the deal is over

This is the best plan for Verizon, because it allows them to debut a hot new phone immediately after clearing out as many of their smart phones as possible. Even if they don't need the inventory space (it sounds like the CDMA Nexus One is shipping from Google only as usual), this plan allows Verizon to sell the greatest number of phones.

In other words, the odds of hearing anything about the Nexus One before the "Buy One Get One" deal is over are basically zero.

Quote Originally Posted by iamtotus View Post
    Think about this logically. Verizon basically has two things on its plate right now: The Nexus One, and its "Buy One Get One" deal on smart phones.

Verizon has to eat the cost of the thousands of people who take advantage of the deal to get two Nexus Ones for the price of one.

This would hurt (but probably not kill) Verizon's deal. The people who are waiting for the Nexus One are still going to wait for it, but plenty of people who would have taken advantage of the deal are now going to wait the extra week for the Nexus One.

This is the best plan for Verizon, because it allows them to debut a hot new phone immediately after clearing out as many of their smart phones as possible. Even if they don't need the inventory space (it sounds like the CDMA Nexus One is shipping from Google only as usual), this plan allows Verizon to sell the greatest number of phones.

In other words, the odds of hearing anything about the Nexus One before the "Buy One Get One" deal is over are basically zero.
    vzw does NOT sell the nexus...so you cannot get the nexus with the bogo deal...

Still...

Quote Originally Posted by flyingguy View Post

That just reinforces my point then. If Verizon isn't even the one selling the Nexus One, why would they give it any chance to interrupt their deal? If Verizon even mentions the Nexus One before the deal is over, I will eat a hat.

[quote=flyingguy;32242]

Yes very true. But still does not change the fact that we might not hear anything until after they are done with that offer only because they would want people to buy those phones before the public has the option to buy the N1

I try to look at the whole N1 craziness from Two points. VZW and Sprint. If VZW wouldnt announce N1 due to their business reasons, what stopping Sprint from releasing the N1?

A Google guy (From Product Review) stated when asked "When is Verizon N1 going to be announce? "Answer, When the product is ready" The delay is between Google and HTC. Thats my Take and I believe IT.

[quote=iamtotus;32245]
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingguy View Post

That just reinforces my point then. If Verizon isn't even the one selling the Nexus One, why would they give it any chance to interrupt their deal? If Verizon even mentions the Nexus One before the deal is over, I will eat a hat.

Your logic is flawed. The Devour came out today, and it is not a part of the bogo deal.

maybe it's both. i do agree that vzw probably won't say $hit until the two for one is over.

Quote Originally Posted by willcraver View Post
    What do you guys think about the Samsung Galaxy S? I heard (didn't we all hear something) that it could come to Verizon as well as the other carriers. I'ts fully loaded with a 4 inch screen. It's actually pretty sweet but of course that would mean another long wait, probably the summer. That's too long.
    It's not coming to VZW -- it's a GSM phone.

Quote Originally Posted by orjense View Post

LOL LOL LOL YOU ve totally made my evening. Thats so funny. Sad I wont be back here after tonight. I'm ordering Tmobile Nexus One Tonight. 100,000 USERS CANT BE WRONG
    So you didn't break down and go to T-Mobile I see...

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links