Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; It ends at the end of this month. Cell Phones, 3G Smartphones, Cell Phone Plans, the Best Cell Phone Service - Verizon Wireless They show ...

Page 128 of 400 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

It ends at the end of this month. Cell Phones, 3G Smartphones, Cell Phone Plans, the Best Cell Phone Service - Verizon Wireless

They show it on the verizon site.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle07 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wuliwong View Post
    I question the conclusion that Verizon is holding Google back from releasing the N1 because of the buy one get one free promotion.

First is the obvious, that Google is releasing the N1, not Verizon. Your entire argument hinges on the fact that Google is holding back the N1 because out of appreciation for Verizon for all the marketing of the Droid. I know that Verizon could be lying, but they clearly stated that the release was completely dependent on when Google had the product ready and that it was entirely in Google's hands.

In addition, I think you guys underestimate the effect that having the N1 only sold on Google's website will have. Not having the N1 on Vzw's website or store will mean that a large percentage of customers will not even know it is available. For instance, people on this very thread think that the Devour was just released today! And the people on this thread are WAY more internet savvy than the bulk of the population. I think the release or lack of release BY GOOGLE of the N1 will have a smaller effect on the amount of buy one get one free sales by Verizon than you are supposing.
    That bolded portion there? Pretty sure you made that up. But I could be wrong. Link?
    hahaha, why would I make that up? OK, you caught me! I am an undercover Vzw agent trying to throw everyone off the trail that Vzw really IS holding back the release of the N1 to protect their buy one get one free promotion??

I question the conclusion that Verizon is holding Google back from releasing the N1 because of the buy one get one free promotion.

First is the obvious, that Google is releasing the N1, not Verizon. Your entire argument hinges on the fact that Google is holding back the N1 because out of appreciation for Verizon for all the marketing of the Droid. I know that Verizon could be lying, but they clearly stated that the release was completely dependent on when Google had the product ready and that it was entirely in Google's hands.

In addition, I think you guys underestimate the effect that having the N1 only sold on Google's website will have. Not having the N1 on Vzw's website or store will mean that a large percentage of customers will not even know it is available. For instance, people on this very thread think that the Devour was just released today! And the people on this thread are WAY more internet savvy than the bulk of the population. I think the release or lack of release BY GOOGLE of the N1 will have a smaller effect on the amount of buy one get one free sales by Verizon than you are supposing.
    That bolded portion there? Pretty sure you made that up. But I could be wrong. Link?
    hahaha, why would I make that up? OK, you caught me! I am an undercover Vzw agent trying to throw everyone off the trail that Vzw really IS holding back the release of the N1 to protect their buy one get one free promotion??
    Where's the link then? I dunno why you made it up -- you'd have to tell me that. It's kind of like how you "though you heard somewhere" that an official announcement had been made stating VZW would subsidize the phone.

As far as I know -- and trust me, I've searched -- Verizon has said nothing official about this phone. The two things that seem to at least come from a good source are as follows:

Google’s Nexus One Not Likely in Verizon Stores – jkOnTheRun

The above includes part of an interview with a VZW spokesperson where basically all she said was that it would be inappropriate for her to comment on a phone Verizon is not selling. Take it for what it's worth, but JKOnTheRun at least has somewhat of a good reputation.

The second comes from Android Central in the form of these two Tweets:

1. Ok, just got official word from Verizon re: the Nexus One... about 22 hours ago via Seesmic

2. ... and the answer is they can't tell us. Sorry, folks. But they're here, and we asked. about 22 hours ago via Seesmic

That is all I can find that comes from Verizon. So, please, if you didn't make it up, then where did Verizon clearly state it?

Quote Originally Posted by jaeisber View Post
    April 1 it is then...

Bets on Google doing and April Fools release of the N1 on Verizon?
    It's certainly possible. Google has released products (like GMail) on April 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by kentoe View Post
    Hey guys, so here's what android central got from CTIA. They said that they had talked to verizon there as stated a few pages back. But this is their official announcement to everyone

Twitter / Android Central: Here's our official line: ...

Here's our official line: We'll know the Nexus One is available when Google says it's available. No sooner, no later. Just the way it is.
    So it's all on google, keep refreshing those pages and hoping people!
    Just to state again what I had said a few pages back.

Verizon has NOTHING to do with the release.

Thank you vizzle for pointing your points out as well, I just felt as if people had missed what I had stated pages back as well.

Well, with a dead black berry I couldn't wait anymore, I have 30 days (and only 300 minutes of talk time, keep that in mind if you think ur going to use verizon's 30 day return policy against them) to play with my new droid to decide if I'm going to keep it or return it for the htc incredible or nexus one (if they ever come out)

Quote Originally Posted by Ritterdestod View Post
    Well, with a dead black berry I couldn't wait anymore, I have 30 days (and only 300 minutes of talk time, keep that in mind if you think ur going to use verizon's 30 day return policy against them) to play with my new droid to decide if I'm going to keep it or return it for the htc incredible or nexus one (if they ever come out)
    Do they just exchange it for another phone or you have to pay any fee?

Hey guys, so here's what android central got from CTIA. They said that they had talked to verizon there as stated a few pages back. But this is their official announcement to everyone

Here's our official line: We'll know the Nexus One is available when Google says it's available. No sooner, no later. Just the way it is.

Thank you vizzle for pointing your points out as well, I just felt as if people had missed what I had stated pages back as well.
    Thanks for that -- I too read that tweet last night. I suppose that this could be what wuliwong is referring to...

Still, I can hardly equate that tweet with Verizon "clearly stat[ing]" that they have nothing to do with the release and it's all on Google.

That tweet was posted three hours after Android Central chatted with the VZW reps at CTIA. So to me it comes across as more of an opinion. Remember, they said "this is our official line..." not "this is Verizon's official line..."

I really can't agree that Verizon "has NOTHING to do with the release". Make no mistake -- I fully understand that it will be Google and not Verizon releasing this phone. But the difference here is that Google and Verizon are partners. I do believe that there will be a subsidized option on Verizon (though nothing has officially been said regarding that matter). Therefore, I believe that Google will release the phone on Verizon's time-table as it will be VZW subsidizing the phone, and not Google. Again, that is just my opinion.

Thanks for that -- I too read that tweet last night. I suppose that this could be what wuliwong is referring to...

Still, I can hardly equate that tweet with Verizon "clearly stat[ing]" that they have nothing to do with the release and it's all on Google.

That tweet was posted three hours after Android Central chatted with the VZW reps at CTIA. So to me it comes across as more of an opinion. Remember, they said "this is our official line..." not "this is Verizon's official line..."
    About android central's tweet. That's true it does sound opinion based however, I feel like that tweet that I was quoting was their summary of the information that they got from VZW at CTIA. Because of them being vague, this required them to summarize what they were getting from their short conversation with them.

Idk it's just so annoying. I don't know why the hell either VZW or Google can't come out with an official statement saying at least something relating to the rumored 23rd announcement. Giving us something to fall back on or just to wait a few more days or something!

... For instance, people on this very thread think that the Devour was just released today!...
    BTW... the people who think the Devour was just released today are right -- in a way. You couldn't buy it from Verizon before today. It was released today for Verizon. And since this is a Verizon thread, the verizon release date is all we're really concerned about. Here's the Verizon press release (dated 3/25/2010):

Motorola DEVOUR™ Now Available On Verizon Wireless Network

This is what they were referring to. They know it came out a couple weeks ago.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links