Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by jsilvers525 i think it has something to do with 2.1. the droid keeps getting delayed 2.1 update and the n1 isn't out ...

Page 134 of 400 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

Quote Originally Posted by jsilvers525 View Post
    i think it has something to do with 2.1. the droid keeps getting delayed 2.1 update and the n1 isn't out yet which runs 2.1. maybe 2.1 is what's responsible for some of the quirks in the phone and verizon wants to just make it even better. they are going to be selling a phone around 4 months old so need it too be somewhat better than the original(minor updates). or maybe they need to now make it ready for skype since verizon said 7 phones will have it but they only announced 5(left out n1 and incredible?). there's probably a good reason as to why it hasn't been released yet.
    This is actually a viable reasoning. The whole skype thing and 2.1 being delayed. Maybe 2.1 has problems currently on the cdma network of some sort?

more possilby 2.1 and skype have problems. they need to add something extra to make people who already have a nexus one want to switch to theirs. so skype on only the vzw n1 would be really attention grabing as would no little bugs such as the capacitive buttons on the bottom of the screen. i hope i'm right so that it is a little better and comes out sooner than later.

Does anyone know if PR News Product Reviews is a reputable site?

Nexus One won't be here anytime soon!

eWEEK asked when the carrier would have an "update" on the Nexus One situation, which of course was an unconfirmed rumor. A Verizon spokesperson replied: "Update? We've never said we were selling the Nexus One. Nothing has changed."

Android 2.1 Delayed on the Motorola Droid, No Nexus One on Verizon - Mobile and Wireless from eWeek

Quote Originally Posted by orjense View Post
    eWEEK asked when the carrier would have an "update" on the Nexus One situation, which of course was an unconfirmed rumor. A Verizon spokesperson replied: "Update? We've never said we were selling the Nexus One. Nothing has changed."

Android 2.1 Delayed on the Motorola Droid, No Nexus One on Verizon - Mobile and Wireless from eWeek
    I'm not sure what you think this means... We've all known for quite a while that Verizon won't be selling the nexus one.

That really doesnt mean much other than the fact that Verizon is NOT selling the phone, Google is. Its no surprise that VZW has no updates as the only thing they are providing is service. The update we need is from Google.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    Well the Vodaphone version is suppose to come out in Spring as well, but I read somewhere that it is being released earlier than the expected date. So chances of Verizon version with early release is still there.
    That's kind of what I was thinking. But on the same token the Voda version will be GSM so maybe its easier to release that phone sooner since the current N1 is GSM.

Quote Originally Posted by jdd48 View Post
    I read somewhere that a guy went into the VZW store and that the N1 was already listed in the computer even though it's not available yet. Take that with an entire shaker of salt.
    This is what I like to hear! I have a buddy who works at a VZW store and he said they have a "top secret" meeting this Friday. He didnt know what it was about but he was going to keep me posted!
    I've never ruled out the possibility that Verizon will sell it in-store. They have been quite good at keeping secrets anything at this point is purely speculation. I would also like to think they aren't as stupid as they are appearing to be. However the meeting is more likely about the Incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by jaeisber View Post

That really doesnt mean much other than the fact that Verizon is NOT selling the phone, Google is. Its no surprise that VZW has no updates as the only thing they are providing is service. The update we need is from Google.
    Nice to see how you guys are spinning it positively. Google has said that Nexus One will be on verizon this Spring and Verizon has said aboslUtely nothing. This is the first time a Verizon spokesperson have been quoted and the question wasnt if VZW was going to have the device instore but was asked for update and he/she shot back, "UPDATE" Google can not tell us what Verizon is going to do, Verizon will and until they do. (!_!)

That is such bs because their employees have told people the Nexus One is coming out on Verizon plus the google site is saying it. I spoke to an assistant manager at my local Verizon store and I wasn't even aware that the Nexus One was coming out for Verizon at the time and he told me to wait to upgrade my phone because in March the N1 was coming out and I would love that phone. That was at the beginning of Feb. this year. So if they are going to make stupid comments like that then they need to tell their management staff to not tell customers that the phone is coming out. That is the only reason why I didn't upgrade at the time. Verizon can lick my "____" Hurry up and talk to google and get this phone out.

:bsflag:
    bsflag:
    bsflag:

Quote Originally Posted by KDII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    Well the Vodaphone version is suppose to come out in Spring as well, but I read somewhere that it is being released earlier than the expected date. So chances of Verizon version with early release is still there.
    That's kind of what I was thinking. But on the same token the Voda version will be GSM so maybe its easier to release that phone sooner since the current N1 is GSM.

Quote Originally Posted by jdd48 View Post
    I read somewhere that a guy went into the VZW store and that the N1 was already listed in the computer even though it's not available yet. Take that with an entire shaker of salt.
    This is what I like to hear! I have a buddy who works at a VZW store and he said they have a "top secret" meeting this Friday. He didnt know what it was about but he was going to keep me posted!
    I've never ruled out the possibility that Verizon will sell it in-store. They have been quite good at keeping secrets anything at this point is purely speculation. I would also like to think they aren't as stupid as they are appearing to be. However the meeting is more likely about the Incredible.
    The post by Jdd about secrete Friday meeting and shaker of salt is too weeks old, its not new unless the Friday he/she meant is every Friday LOL

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links