Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by jsilvers525 i'm telling you the release has to do with 2.1 and skype. that's why the droid keeps getting delayed for 2.1 ...

Page 138 of 400 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188238 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jsilvers525 View Post
    i'm telling you the release has to do with 2.1 and skype. that's why the droid keeps getting delayed for 2.1 and the nexus one isn't out yet. vzw said 9 phones will have it but only announced 7 (2 more which gives room for n1 and incredible).
    p.s: i posted this earlier but i doubt many people saw it since everybody is posting pictures

That does make a lot of sense...so perhaps our wait will be worth it after all =P

So anyone wanna guess

Quote Originally Posted by kentoe View Post
    When I get it I'm definitely planning on rooting it. Seems to be totally worth it.
    Agreed -- I'd go with the Cyanogen mod. It has a feature called apps2sd, which does exactly what it sounds like it would -- it allows you to store your apps on the SD card! This is something I would definitely want to do considering the limited internal program memory.

DroidDog.com posted a video review of the latest version of Cyanogen. Check it out here:

Cyanogen 5.0.5.3 Update! | DroidDog Android Blog

And jzebrahockey, don't show up here with your 8 posts and act like you're more anxious for this phone than the rest of us. If you don't have anything useful to add to the conversation, then keep your number of posts at 8.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle07 View Post
    When I get it I'm definitely planning on rooting it. Seems to be totally worth it.
    Agreed -- I'd go with the Cyanogen mod. It has a feature called apps2sd, which does exactly what it sounds like it would -- it allows you to store your apps on the SD card! This is something I would definitely want to do considering the limited internal program memory.

DroidDog.com posted a video review of the latest version of Cyanogen. Check it out here:

And jzebrahockey, don't show up here with your 8 posts and act like you're more anxious for this phone than the rest of us. If you don't have anything useful to add to the conversation, then keep your number of posts at 8.

I researched this a couple weeks ago, but just a quick question since I'm by n means the master at it, will the cdma version be rootable with the same process as the gsm one? I didnt know if the different format would mean a different rooting process or different programs in order to root it.

Yeah def cyanogen. Apps2sd sounds cool. The wifi tethering gets me the most, seeing as 30$ a month for unlimited data would be totally worth it if I can tether to my laptop (which I can if I root!) And there's already a .3 out? I feel like .2 JUST came out lol.

I thought apps were already stored on the sd card. No? Or are they stored on the 512 ROM that you get?

Quote Originally Posted by rawkerdude5012 View Post
    I researched this a couple weeks ago, but just a quick question since I'm by n means the master at it, will the cdma version be rootable with the same process as the gsm one? I didnt know if the different format would mean a different rooting process or different programs in order to root it.
    Oh yeah this was actually brought up as a concern. I'm just hoping it'll be the same :-/ nobody actually knows though.

Quote Originally Posted by rawkerdude5012 View Post

I'm certain it will still be rootable -- this is part of Android. The type of radio (GSM vs CDMA) used shouldn't have any effect on it.

Quote Originally Posted by jonagpa View Post
    orjense,
    thanks for becoming the biggest douchebag on this thread, way to go
    here is one just for you
    Sorry to everyone else I just had to get that out of the way

Back to the topic, I would get the radio apps

As far as the Verizon N1 goes I'm willing to wait till the beginning of April, and if it's not out then, I guess I'll wait longer. I've been committed to buying one for too long and I'm not a quitter.

If you're gonna moderate my post you could at least delete the quote as well, now it makes no sense. I apologize for stepping out of line, even if it wasn't by much, the kid obviously had it coming.

Yeah def cyanogen. Apps2sd sounds cool. The wifi tethering gets me the most, seeing as 30$ a month for unlimited data would be totally worth it if I can tether to my laptop (which I can if I root!) And there's already a .3 out? I feel like .2 JUST came out lol.

I thought apps were already stored on the sd card. No? Or are they stored on the 512 ROM that you get?
    No, they can't be stored on the SD card with stock Android. This is one of the major knocks on Android, since most android phones don't come with a lot of on-board memory.

(just in case you want a source for that, check out CNet's review: HTC Nexus One by Google (unlocked) Smartphone reviews - CNET Reviews)

No, they can't be stored on the SD card with stock Android. This is one of the major knocks on Android, since most android phones don't come with a lot of on-board memory.

(just in case you want a source for that, check out CNet's review: HTC Nexus One by Google (unlocked) Smartphone reviews - CNET Reviews)
    Ohh okay, cool thanks a lot man. I like how "The bad" in the review is now basically obsolete. Making the phone now have all "The good"! haha

Ohh okay, cool thanks a lot man. I like how "The bad" in the review is now basically obsolete. Making the phone now have all "The good"! haha
    Ha, I know! The only thing in "the bad" section that even bothered me at all was not being able to store apps on the SD card. But with the Cyanogen mod, that's all in the past.

I don't need a pretty music player. Does it play music? Yes. Then I'm satisfied.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links