Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; What do you all think about the rumors of the incredible being released on the same day? The two phones share more similarities than differences, ...

Page 14 of 400 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

What do you all think about the rumors of the incredible being released on the same day? The two phones share more similarities than differences, the biggest one being that the Incredible will have VZW customer support and the N1 will not...

that's exactly why i think google has something up there sleeve. i bet new android os will be released on it and be ota for other n1's. All phones are getting the 2.1 update soon or already have it. that's also why i'm going to get a straight from google phone- first to get updates and one of largest hacking communities for a phone

Today I spoke to a friend of mine who works for Verizon. He said he spoke to his director of marketing and he said that Google will be selling the phone for Verizon (CDMA) at the $500+ price point, only, and Verizon will not be offering any discounted rates even though we will be buying the phone unlocked. I truly hope he is wrong but, being a friend of mine and not just some Verizon sales person, I don't think he would be lying to me.

It just seems like this would be suicide for Google with phones like HTC Incredible and Desire around the corner. I also, hate that if I need my Nexus one replaced or serviced I can't just walk into my local Verizon store and have it fixed and apparently Google's customer service is a joke.

Android OS good, Google phone... bad

Is the HTC Desire considered to be superior to the N1??

Quote Originally Posted by pilot25 View Post
    Is the HTC Desire considered to be superior to the N1??
    It's considered to be almost exactly the same but imo I like it quite a bit more. It has some great features, looks better, and will run the latest greatest Android and updates for phones with Sense UI only seem to be a few months back from google phones. click here to see just some of the differences.

HTC Desire: your Nexus One with Sense and Flash has arrived (video) -- Engadget

You can check HTC's website to view full specs. Only thing is that it won't come to the US until late this year. I'll keep looking for the Incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by KDII View Post
    Today I spoke to a friend of mine who works for Verizon. He said he spoke to his director of marketing and he said that Google will be selling the phone for Verizon (CDMA) at the $500+ price point, only, and Verizon will not be offering any discounted rates even though we will be buying the phone unlocked. I truly hope he is wrong but, being a friend of mine and not just some Verizon sales person, I don't think he would be lying to me.

It just seems like this would be suicide for Google with phones like HTC Incredible and Desire around the corner. I also, hate that if I need my Nexus one replaced or serviced I can't just walk into my local Verizon store and have it fixed and apparently Google's customer service is a joke.

Would this be the director of sales for Southern California? As I am also familiar with him. Though I have been waiting an annoyingly long time for this device to be released, I do not plan on spending $500+ for it. I will just have to renew and use the subsided price for a different android phone.

Quote Originally Posted by E-man View Post

Would this be the director of sales for Southern California? As I am also familiar with him. Though I have been waiting an annoyingly long time for this device to be released, I do not plan on spending $500+ for it. I will just have to renew and use the subsided price for a different android phone.

this doesn't make sense to me. why would they go through the trouble if they are not going to offer competitive prices?

sense UI = ugly
    so..
    verizon = suck

Quote Originally Posted by rhuth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by E-man View Post

this doesn't make sense to me. why would they go through the trouble if they are not going to offer competitive prices?

sense UI = ugly
    so..
    verizon = suck
    I think they'll definitely offer the phone subsidized. The bigger question is plans for those people that purchase the phone unsubsidized. Verizon doesn't offer discounted plans now even if you bring your own handset to them, so I don't see why they would change that just for one handset.

so hold on, im a little confused on what is going one here. Are you guys telling me that even though ive had my 2 year upgrade available for 2 months now and ive been holding out for the nexus one, its still goign to cost me a rediculous 500$

Quote Originally Posted by leedaddy29 View Post
    so hold on, im a little confused on what is going one here. Are you guys telling me that even though ive had my 2 year upgrade available for 2 months now and ive been holding out for the nexus one, its still goign to cost me a rediculous 500$
    No one is saying anything is definite. Those are only speculations. I have also been been waiting for two months after I was able to renew, just for the nexus one. It seems that both you and I are unwilling to pay $500+, as I am sure many other people are or arenít.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links