Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Originally Posted by Ritterdestod So a new (unconfirmed) rumor has just surfaced saying that the VZW Nexus One is going to be sold in the ...

Page 17 of 400 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Ritterdestod View Post
    So a new (unconfirmed) rumor has just surfaced saying that the VZW Nexus One is going to be sold in the carrier's retail stores nationwide. Just throwing that out there
    What is your source?

check out boy genius report there's an article about it. Nothings confirmed just a rumor, who knows at this point.

I have been following this thread for a while albeit not as a user but I decided to join. So hey y'all.

I was chatting with a Verizon rep and he was fairly candid. We were just chatting cus he knows I'm not buying til the N1 comes out. and he revealed a few things he wasn't supposed to so I'm sure he'l telling at least part truth. (he didn't say he wasn't supposed to but I'm pretty sure he isn't allowed to "confirm" that the incredible exists, and they are getting it in April, and that its called the incredible, amongst other things). Anyway, he told me that the N1 would be coming to the actual store- Verizon won't support something they don't handle- and that's apparently a policy. He also said it will probably market like any other phone they sell, that is, with family plans and NE2 etc.

Take it or leave it thats just what I gathered from him.

BTW- another reason I think he's telling the truth- instead of being like, the N1 and Incredible are just rumors, buy a DROID! He was like- hold onto your money the N1 and Incredible will be here soon.

Unhappy Me too just waiting

I was told last year when I bought the Droid Eris (12/1/09) that the N1 would be out by spring. Then asked last week in Austin when it would be out and I got a real funny look from the tech and he said maybe by spring. That certainly was not encouraging. I think I don't believe him, but what can ya do!? I will wait and hope that it will be here soon. I am not getting along with the Eris and I can't wait for my husband to take it over.
    Hope to post next time with a new possession!!

Quote Originally Posted by khaos View Post
    I have been following this thread for a while albeit not as a user but I decided to join. So hey y'all.

I was chatting with a Verizon rep and he was fairly candid. We were just chatting cus he knows I'm not buying til the N1 comes out. and he revealed a few things he wasn't supposed to so I'm sure he'l telling at least part truth. (he didn't say he wasn't supposed to but I'm pretty sure he isn't allowed to "confirm" that the incredible exists, and they are getting it in April, and that its called the incredible, amongst other things). Anyway, he told me that the N1 would be coming to the actual store- Verizon won't support something they don't handle- and that's apparently a policy. He also said it will probably market like any other phone they sell, that is, with family plans and NE2 etc.

Take it or leave it thats just what I gathered from him.

BTW- another reason I think he's telling the truth- instead of being like, the N1 and Incredible are just rumors, buy a DROID! He was like- hold onto your money the N1 and Incredible will be here soon.
    thanks for the information. he say anything about a march 23rd release, or that multitouch issues are delaying the process?

I really do hope that the multitouch issue is a factor. This will be the first device that I may actually game on. While I hear it doesn't affect pinch/zoom, it'd be nice to have the solid functionality.

Here's to the hope of the 23rd!

Quote Originally Posted by clokwork View Post
    I really do hope that the multitouch issue is a factor. This will be the first device that I may actually game on. While I hear it doesn't affect pinch/zoom, it'd be nice to have the solid functionality.

Here's to the hope of the 23rd!
    I'm sure that the version released to Verizon will, if not all, have a great majority of the problems fixed by release day. imo it's pretty obvious that it was released on T Mobile as a test group. No one launches their "superphone" on a sub par network with the expectation of it crushing the iphone and I have yet to see one commercial for the phone. Although it appears that they have made some pretty stupid moves I'm sure Verizon/Google is a bit smarter than we sometimes give them credit for. They must be doing something right to rise to the top of their industry. I'm sure they view this as their one shot to really give the iphone and ATT a knock out blow and obviously ANY hiccups at launch could destroy that goal.

At least I hope so because there's noway I'm buying into that communistic Apple ecosystem!

:nexusx:

Junior Member overthehill_nexusone's Avatar

March 23 - Two Verizon Stores Comment

I live in the San Diego area and visited two Verizon stores yesterday. This is what I learned:

1) Both stores stated March 23rd (unofficially)
    2) Both said the stores will get the phones for display when customers come in to see
    3) Neither would say they plan to sell the phone in the store, but I got that impression
    4) One of the Sales reps recommended I wait to see the phone and compare it to the Motorola Droid.
    5) No pricing available but it would be reasonable to assume it will be competitive with the iphone

Please remember these were store sales reps and not necessarily in the know on all the details however the date of March 23 seems to keep popping up even in the stores. My wife's Verizon contract expired last month and we are holding out for the Nexus. Hope it is worth the wait.

I'm sure that the version released to Verizon will, if not all, have a great majority of the problems fixed by release day. imo it's pretty obvious that it was released on T Mobile as a test group. No one launches their "superphone" on a sub par network with the expectation of it crushing the iphone and I have yet to see one commercial for the phone. Although it appears that they have made some pretty stupid moves I'm sure Verizon/Google is a bit smarter than we sometimes give them credit for. They must be doing something right to rise to the top of their industry. I'm sure they view this as their one shot to really give the iphone and ATT a knock out blow and obviously ANY hiccups at launch could destroy that goal.

At least I hope so because there's noway I'm buying into that communistic Apple ecosystem!

:nexusx:
    Good call!

I was speaking to the same rep again (once again seemed very genuine, no pressure to sell, in fact he left me twice to go pressure other customers lol) and he said the March 23 is possible, though he said the reason it isn't solid is because they are in fact working out the details because they want it to be near perfect (hinted at iphone killing). He also said Verizon wouldn't support anythign they don't have any control over, therefore he said it would most likely sell form stores and you could take it in to Verizon if you had issues. He said is possible that this isn't the case but highly unlikely because Verizon's main selling point is "THE NETWORK" and part of that is maintenance and support so...

And he has a point. Verizon doesn't always have the best or the fastest, but they certainly are the most reliable. And in my experience, and that of my friends, while Verizon is a pain to deal with sometimes there's rarely an issue that doesn't get sorted out at the end of the day. That seems to be their business plan- wide, solid coverage, and lots of support to keep everything working.

Take it or leave it.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links