Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Google may not care but Verizon does and they control what phones are allowed on their network. A cell phone screen shouldn't crack from being ...

Page 171 of 400 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221271 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

Google may not care but Verizon does and they control what phones are allowed on their network. A cell phone screen shouldn't crack from being in a purse or pocket. Google is refusing to warranty these phones even though the outer screen isn't cracked. Not like it matters the nexus one will only be an afterthought once the HTC Incredible is released.

Quote Originally Posted by vzwdroiduser View Post
    Google may not care but Verizon does and they control what phones are allowed on their network. A cell phone screen shouldn't crack from being in a purse or pocket. Google is refusing to warranty these phones even though the outer screen isn't cracked. Not like it matters the nexus one will only be an afterthought once the HTC Incredible is released.
    idk the iphone screen is like that...it will crack just from looking at it...and the nexus and incredible will still go head-to-head i believe..both great phones!

Honestly, now....doesn't anyone recall how the AT&T version just suddenly showed up one day? Without any rumors preceding it? And without any announcement from AT&T? Or how surprised everyone was?

How short and convenient are our memories, huh...

I guess what I'm saying is that all this whining and gnashing of teeth isn't going to get the phone here any quicker. It'll show up when it shows up, and all this complaining, wishing, finger-pointing, alleging, and supposition will INSTANTLY be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Honestly, now....doesn't anyone recall how the AT&T version just suddenly showed up one day? Without any rumors preceding it? And without any announcement from AT&T? Or how surprised everyone was?

How short and convenient are our memories, huh...

I guess what I'm saying is that all this whining and gnashing of teeth isn't going to get the phone here any quicker. It'll show up when it shows up, and all this complaining, wishing, finger-pointing, alleging, and supposition will INSTANTLY be forgotten.
    I totally agree. We should just use the thread to anticipate, and maybe post useful links regarding the VZW release... It is frustrating... but the only reason why it's frustrating is because of a "RUMORED" March 23rd date that was thrown together by someones ideas on CTIA and it being the first week of Spring... yada yada... We all want the phone... especially me... I'm dying for the phone... but when it comes to talkin trash to one another.. that's where it gets immature. Just keep it positive and anticipate that it will be out soon. Just keep saving money toward it and accessories...

It's just getting irritating when these random new members join to either post information that we have already known and don't even bother to read back a few pages. Or just join to post probable incorrect information/rumors. Since the screenshot was posted we've all gone officially crazy.

Hopefully a day soon it will randomly come out like AT&T did, however I find that something should be announced to stop the craziness.

Thing is...the craziness has nothing to do with Verizon OR Google. Do I need to explain why not?

Here's another rumor for everyone to follow. Freshly posted by engadget.

Verizon's Nexus One could be arriving 'by the end of next week' -- Engadget

Made Engadget.

Edit: Oooohhh! ya got me LOLOL!

Here, let me save ya'll the effort of clicking:

Let's start with the obvious proviso here, the above image is so painfully easy to fake that even our computer illiterate grandparents could mock one up within a few minutes. That said, it's purportedly a screenshot of a little oopsie by Google's online store, which is said to have briefly displayed the Verizon option for Nexus One handsets as available to buy for $199 plus the relevant contractual shackles. We wouldn't normally credit such unverifiable information, but then we're also hearing from Soft Sailor that a highly trusted "inside" source of theirs is reporting that Verizon-carried, Sense-less Nexus Ones will be out and about "by the end of next week." Given that the earlier mooted date of March 23 has now come and gone, we're apprehensive about investing too much of ourselves in these rumors, but those supposed CDMA Nexus One shipments from HTC have to come out and play at some point, right?

The VZW site is all jacked up too. I logged in to my account and all I get is their search page....and I can't log out. FWIW. Probably just some glitch with their 2.0 and unrelated to why we're all here.

Update from engadget

"Update: jkOnTheRun has more insider info to share with us on this topic. James Kendrick's people "in positions to know" tell him that the Verizon Nexus One will definitely show up in April, which meshes with the Spring timeframe we've already been given, but there's also word about a "surprise" that other US carriers lack. Whether that refers to Sense-related enhancements or some other software optimizations, we'll have to wait and see. "

i hope its worth the wait

Surprise

My guess for the surprise is that it's Skype mobile, like has been speculated on here before. Verizon said something like 7 (or 9 can't remember) phones will have it, but they've only announced 2 less than that number (missing Nexus and Incredible supposedly...) My only source is this forum though, so I don't know how true it is.

There's no way they'd sneak something like a better camera or a second camera for skype conferencing is there?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links