Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

This is a discussion on Official Nexus One VERIZON thread! within the Verizon forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; cole how do you know what vzw is talking about? i don't have to agree with what other websites say or your. it's just my ...

Page 177 of 400 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227277 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 4000

Thread: Official Nexus One VERIZON thread!

cole how do you know what vzw is talking about? i don't have to agree with what other websites say or your. it's just my thoughts.

Or the suprise could really be no suprise at all?!
    Google is one that enjoys april fools day pranks.

Here's a juicy update for ya'll..

My co-workers Dad works for VZW, and his dad just called him to say that they are holding off on releasing the N1 because of the 2.1 Android OS.

The 2.1 update should be available OTA in the upcoming week or so (I haven't been tracking when the 2.1 update is coming). VZW wants to push the fact that they have Droid and Incredible running 2.1, thus saying "why buy N1, when we can give you product support and Android 2.1 with the Droid or Incredible?"

VZW is not trying to push users away from Google (well, sorta), but they don't want to lose customers either.

N1 will not be available at any VZW (just like TMob, ATT, DUH!) as usual on google.com/phone at both unlocked/subsidized pricing.

Sounds like a good marketing move to me, even though we're all dieing for this phone!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cole View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsilvers525 View Post
    they're talking about n1 and incredible!!!!!!!!! good find
    The Gizmodo article has nothing to do with the Incredible or Nexus One. It has to do with the rapid increase in Android market share in the US. Given the rate of constant growth, Android is expected to take over the iPhone in US internet traffic next month.

In fact, the article mentions the Droid as the phone that has brought android to such an unprecedented level of popularity, which is why verizon would have tweeted about it, as it is their flagship phone. Next time read the article, instead of adding to the hype machine.
    Who crapped in your cheerios? FYI, I did read the article. And I still think that Verizon could be indicating that something is coming next month (N1, Incredible...) that will push Android over the top.

Don't be so cranky -- it's annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by DareDevil View Post

My co-workers Dad works for VZW, and his dad just called him to say that they are holding off on releasing the N1 because of the 2.1 Android OS.

The 2.1 update should be available OTA in the upcoming week or so (I haven't been tracking when the 2.1 update is coming). VZW wants to push the fact that they have Droid and Incredible running 2.1, thus saying "why buy N1, when we can give you product support and Android 2.1 with the Droid or Incredible?"

VZW is not trying to push users away from Google (well, sorta), but they don't want to lose customers either.

N1 will not be available at any VZW (just like TMob, ATT, DUH!) as usual on google.com/phone at both unlocked/subsidized pricing.

Sounds like a good marketing move to me, even though we're all dieing for this phone!!
    Very interesting! So we should see the N1 released relatively close to around the same time 2.1 is available for other android devices?

It should also be noted (and taken with a grain of salt, or cup of..) that the VZW tester said that since the N1 would not offer support from VZW, he would advise against buying the N1 instead of the Droid or Incredible.

If you read through the BS, they (VZW) wants their customers to stick with VZW subsidized phones.

This came straight from the VZW tester's mouth.

cole how do you know what vzw is talking about? i don't have to agree with what other websites say or your. it's just my thoughts.
    It is generally obvious that they are referring to the Droid. Occam's Razor and all.

I'm fine with everyone stating their opinion; however, sensationalist expression leads to aggravating hype. My statement certainly wasn't hostile, albeit I understand it is easy to misinterpret tone on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by E-man View Post

Very interesting! So we should see the N1 released relatively close to around the same time 2.1 is available for other android devices?
    Yes! They don't want to lose potential buyers of their phones just because of an update.

Quote Originally Posted by Cole View Post
    they're talking about n1 and incredible!!!!!!!!! good find
    The Gizmodo article has nothing to do with the Incredible or Nexus One. It has to do with the rapid increase in Android market share in the US. Given the rate of constant growth, Android is expected to take over the iPhone in US internet traffic next month.

In fact, the article mentions the Droid as the phone that has brought android to such an unprecedented level of popularity, which is why verizon would have tweeted about it, as it is their flagship phone. Next time read the article, instead of adding to the hype machine.
    Furthermore, if the purpose of Verizon's tweet was to draw attention to the fact that Droid has brought popularity to Android (as you are suggesting), why not quote a line from the article where that was stated? Instead the line they chose to quote was
    "(W)hen will Android overtake the iPhone? Try next month."

makes sense as i posted a while ago. i knew it had to do with 2.1 software since the droid kept getting delayed and the hardware passed through FCC a while ago. hope you're right. i'm kind of expecting n1 to be out in a week or two but won't be surprised if it's not.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links